Default "Golden Age" (era) Amazing Man (William "Will" Everett) Appreciation (2019)

NOTE: This is a continuation of the previous "DC's "Golden Age" (era) Amazing Man (William "Will" Everett) Appreciation Thread", which can be read here:
    From the original thread (started back in August of 2018),
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy
    Okay, the "Will Everett" version of Amazing Man isn't a true "Golden Age" character, not actually appearing until 1983 in the pages of All-Star Squadron #23 (July 1983).

And, as previously mentioned in a different thread, while there was a character named "Amazing-Man" who did appear in the Golden Age (debuting in 1939), that character was published by Centaur Publications and was created by William "Bill" Everett.

Entries from:

Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. I (March 1985)

and

Who's Who Update '88 Vol. 1 (August 1988)

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

He's hot. You knew I would say this.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    He's hot. You knew I would say this.
    Actually, aren't his (revised) powers magnetic-related, not heat/fire related?

i thought he also belonged to an JLeague team too in the late 90's if I'm not mistaken.and later an version appeared in the JSA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    i thought he also belonged to an JLeague team too in the late 90's if I'm not mistaken.and later an version appeared in the JSA as well.
    Those weren't the 1940s-era "Will Everett" versions.

The one who joined the Justice League (and also was in Extreme Justice) was Will Everett III, the grandson of 1940s "Golden Age" Will Everett.
    Then there was Markus Clay, another grandson of 1940s "Golden Age" Will Everett (but not Will Everett III's brother) who later joined the Justice Society of America during that team's post-Infinite Crisis run.

Amazing Man vs. the All-Star Squadron -
    from All-Star Squadron #23 (August 1983)

and All-Star Squadron #24 (September 1983)

more to come in another post . . .

Ultimate Member

Love the power to transform his body to any material he touches, although it would have been neat to see if that extended eventually to non-solids. Seeing him turn into water, a gas or even light or electricity, would have widened his range considerably. (As well as just wearing one or more metal rings, so that he always had something metal to 'touch' to transform, even when tied up and *not* next to an iron railing, or whatever.)

The magnetic powers? Eh. I didn't hate them, and the specific dynamic of one hand attracting and the other hand repelling was a neat gimmick, but the alternate body powers were way cooler, IMO. I've always been a sucker for alternate body types, such as Ferro Lad, of the Legion, or Gas Girl, Mist Master (body of gas), Lazon or Quanto (body of light), from their supporting cast / rogue's gallery.