Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

excited for hyperion namor gladiator and thor to pile up and make a man-meat mountain
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm still pissed that Robinson had Zarda from Earth-712 be the only survivor of her Squadron Supreme as it seems her reality was not restored post Secret Wars. Gruenwald's 80's series really established that SS into Marvel lore and unless someone revives them it would be a pity not to see them again.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    By the way, I can understand it if this was a one-time joke, but why is DC Comics allowing Marvel to keep using so evident ripoffs of their greatest characters?
    Rumor has it that back when in the 80's, DC's lawyers did have talk with Marvel's over Mark Gruenwald's mini-series. Supposedly after having the story explained to them, they were satisfied that the SS wouldn't cross the line as far as trademark infringement or confusing the marketplace.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Because DC has never used pastiches of Marvel characters right?
    They have almost a mini-line of them with their "Black Metal" spin-offs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm still pissed that Robinson had Zarda from Earth-712 be the only survivor of her Squadron Supreme as it seems her reality was not restored post Secret Wars. Gruenwald's 80's series really established that SS into Marvel lore and unless someone revives them it would be a pity not to see them again.
    As of Fantastic Four's most recent #1, ALL universes have been restored. Even Ultimate is back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have always wanted Thundra to replace Power Princess
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    By the way, I can understand it if this was a one-time joke, but why is DC Comics allowing Marvel to keep using so evident ripoffs of their greatest characters?
    *cough* Brightburn *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Night Thrasher? He was dead at the time. Got revived during Contest of Champions, which ran at the same time as Squadron Supreme.
    not sure what you're saying. did you read what I wrote? Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post

"i still think Dwayne Taylor could do more with the Nighthawk identity than the others. they didn't even need to create Joaquin Pennysworth.

what i'm talking about potential. I didn't put a time frame on it. and Joaquin wasn't even part of the last Squadron. he was completely forgotten about; hence, his creation wasn't entirely necessary. they could have developed Dwayne instead of killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    There are so many versions of this team at this point my interest has severely waned.
    there's no problem with not being interested in the concept. but there being multiple version is kind of a strange reason. there are multiple versions of Moon Knight. personally, I think they should stop using the parallel universe versions and just create a legitimate 616 Squadron. there is literally no rule that says that these characters can't be created or be existing citizens of the default marvel universe. as someone pointed out to me before, Kyle Richmond is a 616 Nighthawk.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I have a feeling that this Squadron will somehow break free of Mephisito --- and probably sacrifice themselves to save the world -- thereby possibly 'earning' resurrection down the road. I am really digging the current story.

I have always though Thundra should have been the Squadron Earth's female member (Power Princess was just too on the nose --
    whoo boy. if Power Princess is on the nose, what is Thundra? doesn't she preside over an amazon society and wield a chain (instead of a lasso)? how is she less on the nose than Zarda?

Thundra did end up replacing the evil Warrior Woman on Robinson's team.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As of Fantastic Four's most recent #1, ALL universes have been restored. Even Ultimate is back.
    I don't agree with that take. It was clear that universes were being built, but the limitation was Franklin's imagination. He has no knowledge of these other realities.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They have almost a mini-line of them with their "Black Metal" spin-offs!
    Yes, they did. Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four (x2), Punisher/Black Widow, (Original) Defenders, Hulk, Spider-Man, all them had their Metal version.
    And don't forget the Multiversity Avengers.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I don't agree with that take. It was clear that universes were being built, but the limitation was Franklin's imagination. He has no knowledge of these other realities.
    Not true. Reed knew.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The Squadron works best for me when they are on their own Earth with just an occasional crossover.