Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Were people not paying attention or something?
    I don't think it's so much they weren't paying attention as, assuming they already understand time-travel due to other films. Some audience members likely made the same mistake as Rhodey and Scott. So when Banner was talking to the AO, they misheard a few things and went with their own understanding of time travel subconsciously.

But you are 100% correct in your explanation of how it works in the MCU. Nebula proved that.

BANNED

What I’m finding incredible and hilarious, people are trying to make sense out of this convoluted mess, when even the filmmakers can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    What I’m finding incredible and hilarious, people are trying to make sense out of this convoluted mess, when even the filmmakers can’t.
    There is one scene they disagree about and that's it and both of their interpretations make perfect logical sense given the rules of time travel given in the film. It seems the only people having issues are those who didn't pay attention to the film which is on the viewer not filmmakers.

BANNED

No, it’s the filmmakers. The rules of time travel in this movie is the main problem. It never made any sense and I think the filmmakers didn’t intend on the rules making any sense. Because they knew some fans will accept anything.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-11-2019 at 02:49 PM.

No, it’s the filmmakers. The rules of time travel in this movie is the main problem. It never made any sense and I think the filmmakers didn’t intend on the rules making any sense. Because they knew some fans will accept anything.
    If you change history it creates an alternate timeline parallel to your own how hard is that to follow?

BANNED

That’s one of my problem with this movie. In the original Infinity Wars timeline half of the universe is still dead. They didn’t correct anything, Disney just give us a different timeline, which is a cop out.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

That’s one of my problem with this movie. In the original Infinity Wars timeline half of the universe is still dead. They didn’t correct anything, Disney just give us a different timeline, which is a cop out.
    Uh. No.

The same people who were lost at the end of Infinity War are the same people who came back 5 years later in Infinity War. Both events occurred in the same timeline.

BANNED

Presented without comment. Everything is explained here, as long as you don't try to add your own preconceptions to it.

*Bangs head against desk* So, basically, you are locked into one concept about how something that is most likely entirely fictional (time travel) *really works* and simply cannot accept that in this story, the premise of the writers is that this entirely fictional thing that most likely doesn't really exist works in a way that is not how it works in some other fictional stories about this thing that doesn't exist. As a friend of mine once said, "If you can't accept the writer's premise, you shouldn't read the story". But that's an issue with you, not with the story. It's not Back to the Future or the Man Who Folded Himself. It's another story.

Someone else on these boards related an incident where a young writer was asked by a veteran writer how you can kill a vampire. The young man gave the standard answers you would expect. Fire, wooden stake, sunlight, etc. The veteran writer said "No. In your own world setting that you are writing, a vampire can be killed any way you decide they can be or not at all so long as you are consistent within your world setting because vampires don't exist. There are NO real world facts to adhere to. It works however you decide it works no matter how it works in some other story because it's all made up." In fact, at one point in time with time travel, the fictional idea that time travel just created new realities was itself a new twist on time travel that a writer just made up. Now, apparently, it's the Holy Grail of time travel for some.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Uh. No.

The same people who were lost at the end of Infinity War are the same people who came back 5 years later in Infinity War. Both events occurred in the same timeline.
    Yeah history wasn't changed they simply resurrected those people that might be one of the most spelled out part of the films Tony plans out says he won't help of they attempt to change what happened in the last 5 years.

What I’m finding incredible and hilarious is people ignoring or forgetting what the movie spoon-fed them when insisting that the movie is a "convoluted mess." Everything was literally explained in the movie itself. You don't have to like it, but the model is one of, if not the cleanest and most internally logical time travel models used in fiction and was spelled out for us in a clear and concise manner. Why are we even having this conversation?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

But the explanation was a cheap cop out.

But the explanation was a cheap cop out.
    Biggest Flaw in Time Travel stories take DOFP you go back in time to change history but if successful you erase the reason you went back in time to begin with it's a paradox.

Hence why from a logical standpoint changing the past only leading to the creations of new parallel timelines while leaving your past unchanged makes way more sense because it eliminates the paradox effect.

BANNED

I agree with you on DOFP, it was equally ridiculous as Endgame.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why are we even having this conversation?
    You don't have to keep reading the thread.
    Sounds perfect.