Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    The biggest let down was no 'Doctor Who' jokes.
    Dr. Who's time travel rules are pretty close to Endgame's rules, from what I could tell.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Dr. Who's time travel rules are pretty close to Endgame's rules, from what I could tell.
    There is a closeness in general between the two franchises. They influence each other quite a bit. RTD was a big Marvel fan (He pretty much used Secret Wars for a series) and Moffat essentially ripped of a Thor story for The Beast Below, which may not have been deliberate but can’t have been a coincidence.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    True, but Dr. Who’s tt rules are a convoluted mess too.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    True, but Dr. Who’s tt rules are a convoluted mess too.
    A glorious mess!

Maybe that’s it. Those of us that grew up on Dr Who don’t really care that much. We expect Douglas Adams style convulsions and just pure fun, don’t worry time travel. The criteria of a good time travel movie for us is have fun with it, just like City of Death.

Sure, La Jetée or Twelve Monkeys can be interesting, but they feel like time travel with all the fun taken out.

Maybe that’s why I like Looper. It’s serious but the time travel is played for dark humour, coolness and then mind bending convoluted fun.

In general I have always preferred my genre fiction sprinkled with a dash of fun irreverence. It doesn’t need to be quippy but if it takes itself too seriously I am out. I found Equilibrium very interesting and informative when I was learning about the shape and structure of science fiction stories but it’s so dry and not fun at all. Brazil on the other hand is a masterpiece.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-25-2019 at 01:15 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    A glorious mess!

Maybe that’s it. Those of us that grew up on Dr Who don’t really care that much. We expect Douglas Adams style convulsions and just pure fun, don’t worry time travel. The criteria of a good time travel movie for us is have fun with it, just like City of Death.

Sure, La Jetée or Twelve Monkeys can be interesting, but they feel like time travel with all the fun taken out.

Maybe that’s why I like Looper. It’s serious but the time travel is played for dark humour, coolness and then mind bending convoluted fun.

In general I have always preferred my genre fiction sprinkled with a dash of fun irreverence. It doesn’t need to be quippy but if it takes itself too seriously I am out. I found Equilibrium very interesting and informative when I was learning about the shape and structure of science fiction stories but it’s so dry and not fun at all. Brazil on the other hand is a masterpiece.
    I can appreciate what you are saying

Amazing Member

For me, the reason why they couldn't kill baby Thanos made no sense- maybe upon watching the DVD will help, Also, Ant-man's daughter looked too old to be just 5 years older. Condensing how Banner became Prof. Hulk and Clint became Ronin diminished some interesting storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by gorosaurus View Post
    For me, the reason why they couldn't kill baby Thanos made no sense- maybe upon watching the DVD will help, Also, Ant-man's daughter looked too old to be just 5 years older. Condensing how Banner became Prof. Hulk and Clint became Ronin diminished some interesting storylines.

Disney does not likes Clint . His background as an assassin and zero tolerance nonsense attitude is not good for Dinsey's name. They diminish him in the movie and give attention to the gag of fat thor.

Clint could have been a Trunks in this story or a flash, I would have preferred if clint was the last avenger. He saves the day with time travel coming into its most important moment at the final act of the movie.

Clint never got his own movie, antman and gotg got 2 .
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-28-2019 at 06:55 AM.

If Disney didn't like. Clint, he wouldn't be getting a series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    If Disney didn't like. Clint, he wouldn't be getting a series.
    Your logic hurts my brain. Please refrain.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I can appreciate what you are saying
    Thanks. Sometimes that’s the best we can achieve here. Understanding each other is harder than it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Your logic hurts my brain. Please refrain.
    That's more of a reflection on you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    That's more of a reflection on you.
    Hrmph. Okay, then.

(Did the attempt at rhyming really not give it away?)

Maybe if I had noticed but I completely missed that. That's on me.

Honest trailer for Endgame is here. The harshest criticism is as anyone would have guessed the time travel plot device.