Boisterously Confused

Default DC's Archenemies: how has the beef between the pro/antagonists changed?

Ras al Ghul's issues with Batman have been pretty consistent since they first met face to face. He wants Batman to take over his role, continue his line through Talia, and if Bat's won't, he's simply too likely to thwart Ras' goals to risk leaving alive.

On the other hand, Luthor's gripes with Superman have undergone some kind of change with every reboot.

These examples provoke two questions from me:
    • What are some of the long-running archenemy pairings whose dynamics have changed, and was that for better or worse?
    • Alternatively, what are some of the long-running animosities that have stayed the same, and what's given them that staying power?

I guess the main one I can think of is with Barry Allen and Eobard Thawne where Thawne's obsession with Barry Allen has gotten more and more pronounced and perverse compared to when he was first introduced. Back then he was just some guy in the future who got The Flash's powers and hated him but now his hatred of Barry Allen and The Flash is almost biblical in it's enormity.

And there's the Nora thing which has made it super personal for Barry. And before that, when he "killed" Iris.

I think Joker is more obsessed with Batman then he was when he was originally introduced. Most people seem to come off the relationship with a kind of perverse love/buddy dynamic between Batman and Joker compared to back in the old days when they were just Superhero and Supervillain.

Wonder Woman and Cheetah are now former close friends. I don't think that was the case in any of the past continuity Cheetah's.

Hal Jordan and Sinestro's dynamic is very different now. Before they were just deadly adversaries or Sinestro was Hal's corrupt mentor, but now there's an added bond and friendship that complicates things even more.

Aquaman and Black Manta still hate each other but there's the added caveat that Aquaman killed Black Manta's father.