Thread: Red Sonja

Default Red Sonja

What do you guys think about the current series? I don't have problems with it.

What a ringing endorsement, lol.

But yeah, its okay. Pretty solid all around, but i think Russell is maybe still finding his feet a little. The arts a little sloppy in places. Might be the inking. I enjoyed Colaks work at Aftershock more so far.

Ultimately, id just like to see it tighten up a bit, and to go in a direction a little less generic.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 07-01-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Is this the same Red Sonja as Marvel's? By far the oddest origin of any character. She gets raped then some type of Goddess says she can't sleep with a man unless he beats her in combat. I wonder what the #MeToo movement would do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Is this the same Red Sonja as Marvel's? By far the oddest origin of any character. She gets raped then some type of Goddess says she can't sleep with a man unless he beats her in combat. I wonder what the #MeToo movement would do about that.
    Yeah, thats been retconned since, lol.

Yea. I wonder if the Gail Simone origin is retconned has went

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    What a ringing endorsement, lol.

But yeah, its okay. Pretty solid all around, but i think Russell is maybe still finding his feet a little. The arts a little sloppy in places. Might be the inking. I enjoyed Colaks work at Aftershock more so far.

Ultimately, id just like to see it tighten up a bit, and to go in a direction a little less generic.
    So like Conan? Better/Worse? Worth picking up if your into Conan?

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    So like Conan? Better/Worse? Worth picking up if your into Conan?
    Well, it can be somewhat like Conan sometimes, just don't expect a lot of interaction between the two characters any time soon (since Marvel currently has the rights to Conan again).
    As for "better/worse", that often depends more on the writers than the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, it can be somewhat like Conan sometimes, just don't expect a lot of interaction between the two characters any time soon (since Marvel currently has the rights to Conan again).
    As for "better/worse", that often depends more on the writers than the characters.
    So I went & read 6 issues & I do like it!

Writing/dialogue seems very modern but it works here. I'm genuinely liking the OTT villain & his interaction with his minions more than I like reading about Sonja. Yes, the artwork is atrocious in spots but I'm digging reading it.

Incredible Member

I've only read the first 2 but I liked them enough to stick with it.

I'm often surprised just how much I like some of dynamites books.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm enjoying it, but I'm a long time fan of the character, which is to say, I'm enjoying this as much as some of the more recent outings, and much more than others.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet