Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Superman is just a timeless hero for many generations. As a kid in the 70's I can't remember a time when superheroes weren't a part of my life. Superman and Batman were the big two to me! It's sad that many see him as "corny" or "boring". I love the character at 49 as much (or more) than I did at 4! My 6 year old son is following in his dad's footsteps. His DC Imaginext figures are among his favorite toys. He and I spend countless hours battling with those figures. Thank you Superman for filling me with memories of my 4 year-old self, running around with a pillow case around his neck in the 70's, to memories of my son and I battling it out with the Hall of Justice and Legion of Doom playsets nearly 45 years later!

I hope this "boring" and "corny" hero is still going strong 100 years from now.

Astonishing Member

I grew up in a one-horse town in the middle of rural upstate nowhere with aspirations of moving to some big city to have a creative and helpful job. I felt like I had to hold back in high-school and not be myself to fit in. And I believe thanks to my parents' influence in helping people, doing the right thing, and being honest. So those basics add up for me.

Pretty hard to relate to the space stuff obviously. And I can relate to the refugee/immigrant bits, but not the same way somebody who has personally been through those histories can relate to it. Also the Lois Lane "type" is definitely my type.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I've always found Superman relatable because of his simple upbringing on the Kent farm, and his relationships to Lois, the Kents, and now Jon.

I always thought the "being the lone survivor of Krypton" was overblown in it's desire to make Clark a loner and outsider. That's the antithesis of who he is.

Yes, he's massively powered up- which I don't relate to- but his ideals and desire to protect his loved ones is 100% relatable to me.

Extraordinary Member

Superman is relatable to me because he honestly believes that good should always triumph over evil and fights for the little guy. He's basically the social justice warrior in all of us.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He's a dork. He loves his ma and pa and they dote on him. He pays attention to the news (of course).