Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Wait is ATT shopping certain properties out. Or they looking to sale DC outright? I cant see them giving up Superman and Batman
    Aquaman just had a 1bil hit, WW really blew up. But bats and Superman sale merchandise too. If they are that's crazy

Feel like HBO max would want DC to help bolster the catalogue aswell.

I'm still hoping for Cillian Murphy as Morpheus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wait is ATT shopping certain properties out. Or they looking to sale DC outright? I cant see them giving up Superman and Batman
    Aquaman just had a 1bil hit, WW really blew up. But bats and Superman sale merchandise too. If they are that's crazy

where did you get this idea? that's not what's happening at all

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    where did you get this idea? that's not what's happening at all
    Sounds like that's what people were talking about on the previous page. If it's not I'm missing something important. So what happening then? I'm lost

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm still hoping for Cillian Murphy as Morpheus.
    Oh I love that!

Apparently the paperwork to Sandman was already complete well before the HBO Max announcement, which is why it didn't go there. Otherwise, yeah, this would be a shoe-in for Max.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    While I want to see the series my only skepticism is that it's on Netflix instead of DC universe or HBO Max. Seems to me that it puts Netflix in the same position that it was in with Disney/Marvel once Disney+ launched and most of the shows that were very successful yet were cancelled because Disney/Marvel then became a competitor. Just don't want to look up and like the show and it get cut after season 1 for the same reason.
    No not really. Unlike Disney, WB have already announced long ago that they don't intend to launch HBO max in most markets outside the US (only in those they already have a HBO prenium TV or streaming service).
    In that announcement they made it clear that they intended to work through existing partners in those markets.

Here in Australia Disney launched 1 week after the US, probably because we were one of the fastest growing markets for Netflix etc.
    we are only a small market but the grown there was strong, more than likely because we have so few pay tv provider alternatives.
    being in a market where the average population density 3.14 people per square km (compared to 32.87 people per square KM in the US) its not worth it for pay TV providers to produce infrastructure to serve much of our market. So when Pay TV came we had 2 providers who serviced the cities and only one who serviced regional centres (via satellite connections). Eventually all three merged.

Here for example all the DCU shows are licensed to the Foxtel network )who also licenses the vast majority of HBO content). So Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Pennyworth, Krypton, and all the CW shows as well as Watchmen etc air on their network and are available to stream from their streaming service). The exception being some of the CW shows are also licensed to Netflix so Foxtel can only show recent episodes or a limited number of seasons, and Titans that was licensed to Netflix.

that is also why from the very beginning DCU didn't have the rights to all DC digital content and why it comes and goes. Obviously they intend to get the maximum return by multiple licensing. If they can get a return from it from their own service AND another return from others why wouldn't they. As they don't intend to launch in all markets they don't need to hold content purely for themselves as a way of drawing market share. they simply have to license it differently for America.

Currently a netflix user in the US has a lot more content than elsewhere (a REAL LOT more as I discovered a few months ago when I opened Netflix before ic closed my VPN. As growth in the US is dropping as more competitors open but being compensated for by other markets growing to take up the slower US growth we will likely see more licensed outside the US so it's likely DC will license stuff in those markets on Netflix or others where it wont have an HBO Max service to compete.

Conversely Disney is already in Australia, New Zealand, and Scandanavian countries and planning to launch in Europe soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Apparently the paperwork to Sandman was already complete well before the HBO Max announcement, which is why it didn't go there. Otherwise, yeah, this would be a shoe-in for Max.
    Every DCU property was licensed to other providers outside the US after announcements of HBO Max. In fact they were supposed to have a beta service operational and available to try before many of these licensing agreements.

BANNED

Sounds like that's what people were talking about on the previous page. If it's not I'm missing something important. So what happening then? I'm lost
    A DC/vertigo show on a network separate from networks with other DC properties has literally no bearing on DC as a whole and is by no means an indication that they're going to "sell DC outright." that just doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    A DC/vertigo show on a network separate from networks with other DC properties has literally no bearing on DC as a whole and is by no means an indication that they're going to "sell DC outright." that just doesn't make any sense.
    I literaly said that, said it sounds crazy. Just go back the last couple pages a couple people are talking as if WBs was looking to sale DC. Your talking to me as if I made it up and it was something I was suggesting. I was just asking wtf they were talking about, cause I was lost.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I literaly said that, said it sounds crazy. Just go back the last couple pages a couple people are talking as if WBs was looking to sale DC. Your talking to me as if I made it up and it was something I was suggesting. I was just asking wtf they were talking about, cause I was lost.
    It's based on a rumor that stupid site cosmicbooknews put out after didio got canned, basically that his firing was the first step of At&t cutting up DC and selling the pieces to the highest bidders. It was a real dumb rumor but some people believed it for some reason.

Oh well, this is the Age of Silliness.

It’s going to be interesting seeing a sandman set in the present day since although the comic is awesome it’s very ‘80s.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

That's because today's screenwriters don't know how to write stories without cellphones.

Ha, that’s true. At least that’s easy to solve once they enter the dreamscape

I actually don't know what Sandman character is about?

Superhero or supernatural?