Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    If I were the king of the world, I'd nominate Matt Smith to play Dream, but that's just me.
    Oooohhh!!!

I want that now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Actually that might be fun. Or as Orpheus

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I have to say I've never really disliked anything of his that I've read. I loved Sandman, American Gods, Anansi Boys, Coraline, Good Omens, Neverwhere. Ocean at the End of the Lane I liked, but it was kind of just hitting again on his favorite theme... powerful beings of mythology who are real and live among us.

I have no problem with Gordon-Levitt as Morpheus. Have to say I don't really have many fantasy casting ideas for the others. I'm sure at least one or two of the Endless will be black. I could see Tony Todd as Destiny.

I could see Lana Condor as Death.

I would be down with crossovers with the Vertigo-verse. Get Matt Ryan to play Constantine... just have him rove around among all the DC television shows. A crossover with Books of Magic could work. And Lucifer, although of course that's not really a crossover.

Morena Baccarin as Thessaly.

Maisie Williams as Delirium?

Milla Jovovich as Desire?

And... wait for it... Jay Baruchel and Haley Joel Osment as Cain and Abel.
    Oh my gosh! Lara Conder as Death is genius!

Here's the casting call for Sandman:

Dream - Male of open ethnicity between 25 and 34. He is tall and thin with bone-white skin, black hair and two stars in place of eyes. He is meticulous in his pursuit of his duties but slow to understand humor and can occasionally be insensitive. He is often self-obsessed and slow to a forgive a sight. There may be 2-3 rotating leads cast or a change for each session.
    Corinthian - White male between 30 and 35. Well-built but not beefy. Always wears sunglasses. He is a very sexy villain and obsessive. Will be consistent over the duration of the show.

Breakdown - First season will be comprised of 10 one hour episodes and scheduled to begin filming in May 2020 and end December in the UK. Actors are responsible for initial travel details. Each session of the series will focus on a different volume from the comics except the first session. It will combine the first and most of the second arc. Planned for 2021 release.
    Setting - there will be various setting and story beat changes as it will be closer to our own time. Creator and Executive Producer Neil Gaiman is overseeing all the updates and additions.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/34001904
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-28-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

An entire volume of the Sandman comic can fit into one or two episodes to be honest. Are they gonna do the Doctor Destiny arc in the diner?

edit: I feel that the description for Morpheus is accurate which is comforting. He isn't supposed to be completely likable.

Seems like they're definitely going to make the Corinthian a much bigger character
    Last edited by Elmo; 02-28-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Incredible Member

While I want to see the series my only skepticism is that it's on Netflix instead of DC universe or HBO Max. Seems to me that it puts Netflix in the same position that it was in with Disney/Marvel once Disney+ launched and most of the shows that were very successful yet were cancelled because Disney/Marvel then became a competitor. Just don't want to look up and like the show and it get cut after season 1 for the same reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    While I want to see the series my only skepticism is that it's on Netflix instead of DC universe or HBO Max. Seems to me that it puts Netflix in the same position that it was in with Disney/Marvel once Disney+ launched and most of the shows that were very successful yet were cancelled because Disney/Marvel then became a competitor. Just don't want to look up and like the show and it get cut after season 1 for the same reason.
    I honestly doubt it tbh. Sandman originally connects to the larger DCU but it honestly doesn't need to, it's its own property with its own lore and spin-off potential. They can elevate the Sandman brand without any other DC shows.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I honestly doubt it tbh. Sandman originally connects to the larger DCU but it honestly doesn't need to, it's its own property with its own lore and spin-off potential. They can elevate the Sandman brand without any other DC shows.
    I don't know if the issue was the connectivity across the MCU for Netflix. I thought that once Disney+ launched it became a competitor service and they didn't want to promote their competitors content, which makes sense from that standpoint. I guess I'm just seeing as WBs HBO Max being a competitor service as well and wondering why Netflix is technically promoting a competitor's content. I could be completely wrong but it just seems like another divorce waiting to happen.

WB/AT&T are shopping rights and Netflix is keen to DC but really just wants to absorb, in perpetuity, all the Vertigo imprints.

It already sounds like Gaiman/WB/AT&T/DC have already begun to sell Sandman et all to Netflix when you read the latest news.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    WB/AT&T are shopping rights and Netflix is keen to DC but really just wants to absorb, in perpetuity, all the Vertigo imprints.

It already sounds like Gaiman/WB/AT&T/DC have already begun to sell Sandman et all to Netflix when you read the latest news.
    Okay, now this makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Okay, now this makes more sense.
    Apparently Amazon is interested in the DC properties.

It's sounds more and more likely the death knell is coming for DC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Apparently Amazon is interested in the DC properties.

It's sounds more and more likely the death knell is coming for DC.
    At this point WB is DC biggest problem and it may be in DC best interest to not be owned by them anymore. If ATT is planning on ditching that much IP it shows they shouldn't have it as well. I think most would agree that DC had the more powerful IP pre MCU. For them to not be exploding in the box office year after year shows a lack of proper management. Marvel exploded when they were playing from a position of weakness, WB wasn't able to get their act together at all.

With that being said it will be disappointing if its sold as I like Walter Hamada as the head of DC Films and the new CEO does seem to like DC IP and care about quality so hopefully we get to see more of what they can do with DC.

Yeah I kind of have to agree, DC’s biggest obstacle is Warner brothers. Remember when executives said they didn’t know how to make superman relevant to today’s audience? As in the story of a refugee who comes to a midwestern town, feels like he doesn’t fit in but still wants to change his country for the better and then gets punished for it by a corrupt businessman turned president? How could they make that relevant!

By yeah sandman is going to be amazing and I think after the Witcher Netflix will be a perfect partner for them. I can’t wait to see all the characters I love on screen

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah I kind of have to agree, DC’s biggest obstacle is Warner brothers. Remember when executives said they didn’t know how to make superman relevant to today’s audience? As in the story of a refugee who comes to a midwestern town, feels like he doesn’t fit in but still wants to change his country for the better and then gets punished for it by a corrupt businessman turned president? How could they make that relevant!

By yeah sandman is going to be amazing and I think after the Witcher Netflix will be a perfect partner for them. I can’t wait to see all the characters I love on screen
    Yeah kind of amazes me that we don't have a hispanic-American Superman as it seems to be the most obvious thing to do to make Superman more relatable in today's society. I thought Gods and Monsters version of Superman looked a bit Hispanic and the differences in storyline would've been interesting to see with the right director.

With Sandman I'm curious if DC films will have any say in the creative decision making or if they are just going to let Netflix do whatever they want.

I would say it’s pretty much whatever Neil wants plus maybe a smidge from Netflix. But mostly Neil. At least I hope that’s the case.

I wonder who will play the lead? Honestly it’s a role to die for I think