Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thors vs. Heralds

The following teams square off. Arena. 616.

Classic Thor*
    Jane Thor (no mother storm)
    Beta Ray Bill
    Young Thor with axe

Vs.

Firelord
    Terrax
    Red Shift
    Stardust

Who takes this?

BONUS: 1-All those Thors fight Morg with his Waters of Life upgrade. 2- All Thors vs Destroyer Armor w/Loki in it

* Looks like "classic" Thor is back in action baby! Mjolnir is back and everything. Very excited about the next arc.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

* Looks like "classic" Thor is back in action baby! Mjolnir is back and everything. Very excited about the next arc.
    If the current writer of Thor is still writing Thor, I wouldn't get your hopes up too hard.

Question, i can't remember but do we treat Stardust as speedster here? I wanna say BRB already beat Stardust and his backup seems better than Stardust's so they should win but if Stardust has speed it changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    If the current writer of Thor is still writing Thor, I wouldn't get your hopes up too hard.
    Too late! ~(°¤°)~
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Question, i can't remember but do we treat Stardust as speedster here? I wanna say BRB already beat Stardust and his backup seems better than Stardust's so they should win but if Stardust has speed it changes.
    They mention their species having lightspeed or FTL reflexes, but I don't think they have ever actually used that on panel.

Meanwhile, Thor and Jane both have solid reflex feats to their name. So they can blitz. But Red Shift can open black holes, and both he and Terrax have feats for operating in them just fine. Stardust can open the holes but can't resist them.

So this basically comes down to "can the Thors stop Red Shift from opening a black hole."

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Mmhm. I'll wait until Aaron's off Thor altogether. So yeah. Seconded.
    Last edited by Cronus; 07-02-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Have Bill or Jane BFR'd using their hammers? I know Thor has D dumped on occasion...given his board ruled speed, I see no reason for him not to resort to this.

Edit

Red Shift may be problematic since D dumping is unlikely to work on someone who makes his living doing the same.
    Last edited by Cronus; 07-02-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    You're breaking my heart here, Arby. I thought what we had was special ... but here you are siding with ... with him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You're breaking my heart here, Arby. I thought what we had was special ... but here you are siding with ... with him.
    ....with Thor or Aaron? :P

1: I've always loved Thor, but you have a special squid place in my special squid heart. Xx

2: If you meant Aaron then NOPE. No. Nah. Just trying to be optimistic!
    - big_adventure

All-New Member

Team Thor has more firepower while Heralds have black hole hax. Firelord might bring something to the table as well.

How does Thor's dimension dumping work in rumbles? Does Thor open a portal and his opponent is magically sucked into it, or Thor hits him into the portal or the opponent inadvertently flies through it?

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    How does Thor's dimension dumping work in rumbles? Does Thor open a portal and his opponent is magically sucked into it, or Thor hits him into the portal or the opponent inadvertently flies through it?
    My memory is that he can basically banish someone by shooting someone with a beam or letting his hammer fly laps around them, but either option requires some wind up charge time from him. It makes for an effective option against slow guys like Juggernaut or Ullik, but I don't think he can pull it off instantly against a Herald who is blasting him. (I also think a herald should be able to come back from being dimension dumped, but I'm not sure I have a specific example of them hopping dimensions.)

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    My memory is that he can basically banish someone by shooting someone with a beam or letting his hammer fly laps around them, but either option requires some wind up charge time from him. It makes for an effective option against slow guys like Juggernaut or Ullik, but I don't think he can pull it off instantly against a Herald who is blasting him. (I also think a herald should be able to come back from being dimension dumped, but I'm not sure I have a specific example of them hopping dimensions.)
    Surfer can come back and has, but not the guys here.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Surfer can come back and has, but not the guys here.
    Isn't Red Shift's whole shtick cutting wholes between dimensions though? Seems like he would be OK at least, and he seems to be the most dangerous player here.

Quote Originally Posted by nisargshah View Post
    I'm a Thor fan, but this is certain death for the Thunder God.

I assume this has been flagged
    ...why would it be flagged?
    - big_adventure