Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Martian Manhunter vs. X-Men (twist)

Post Crisis vs 616. Arena.

The twist! Manhunter is split up into individual people. Each person gets full control of 1 of his powers. The base body of these split martians will have stats similar to Cyclops in terms of speed/strength/athleticism unless otherwise noted. Without further ado- the match!

Speedy: has all of MM's speed and reflexes.
    Bricky: All of MM's strength and durability.
    Thinky: All of MM's telepathy and brain powers
    Shifty: MM's Shapeshifting
    Wispy: MM's Intangibility
    Floaty: Can fly
    Blasty: MM's eye beams

Versus

Quicksilver (or Northstar - whoever's faster)
    Colossus
    Prof X
    Mystique
    Kitty Pryde
    Angel
    Cyclops
    Wolverine

Who wins?

BONUS: Team split martian versus a composite fusion of the X-men.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Speedy should be able to pretty much take out all the basically human durability level people here via massive blitz. A truly astronomically ridiculous number of "strong as a decently strong guy" punches will end them just fine.

At that point Thinky shuts down Colossus, the end. If you presume Kitty is phased as default, Thinky also shuts her down too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Speedy should be able to pretty much take out all the basically human durability level people here via massive blitz. A truly astronomically ridiculous number of "strong as a decently strong guy" punches will end them just fine.

At that point Thinky shuts down Colossus, the end. If you presume Kitty is phased as default, Thinky also shuts her down too.
    I am so happy you wrote out all of their names xD
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

And so the intent of this thread comes into focus ;p

And so the intent of this thread comes into focus ;p
    You wound me sir! Im beginning to Thinky that you believe I am a Shifty person! I shall make a Speedy exit of this thread.
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

If this is Northstar, there is some argument that he's fast and enough to get moving. If he does, he's blitzing as well, and he's got the explicit advantage of superhuman durability and hitting force while using his powers. He can most definitely take out 5 of the 7 on the other side, and just has to catch Speedy to end him as well. While he can't necessarily hurt Bricky, he ought to be able to catapult him into space or something just fine thanks.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

How fast is J'onn, is the question. Northstar has some pretty clearly defined limits.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It depends if that power up Northstar got that one time stuck.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

It depends if that power up Northstar got that one time stuck.
    Pretty much that. I don't know that it was ever taken away explicitly, but...
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

How fast did he move that one time? I mean, was it beyond lightspeed? Or anything seriously approaching it?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    How fast did he move that one time? I mean, was it beyond lightspeed? Or anything seriously approaching it?
    Best I've found for the guy with my google-fu is about light speed. He describes a 1/100th of a second as being an enormous window of time for him to do all sorts of things.

Dont know if that's his standard or not.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Best I've found for the guy with my google-fu is about light speed. He describes a 1/100th of a second as being an enormous window of time for him to do all sorts of things.
    That's not exactly lightspeed, unless he was doing a truly ridiculous amount of things.

Put another way, in 1/1000 of a second, light travels 300 Km. Does Northstar do 'runs about 300 Km worth of stuff' in that time? If so, lightspeed! <-- Edit: I misread the 1/100 as 1/1000 so it's worse than this, see below....

I've seen a variety of different scans people thought made Northstar lightspeed (including the famous one from 'The Vault' which gets misinterpreted: 'Speed of Light: 186 000 miles per second. Speed of the servos in Cyclops' visor: Considerably slower. Northstar steps into the gap -', emphasis mine, nowhere does it say he's going lightspeed). None of them have actually measured up to lightspeed, yet (though I'm open to new ones!). Marvel likes to talk about Northstar potentially being capable of approaching lightspeed; there's a lot of 'could be/maybe' on that presentation.

If he can't actually approach lightspeed (like, really close) by feats, I'm not sure how he's stacking up to Speedy, here, who has feats for 'Hmm, look at those radio waves approaching me, I think I'll just leave now' as I recall. And if he's not in Speedy's league, he's getting taken out first by Speedy, who then goes on to beat everyone else who actually matters unconscious.

Really, I'm hoping for more feats because that gives me something interesting to look at. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-03-2019 at 09:47 AM.
    Why are we here?

That's not exactly lightspeed, unless he was doing a truly ridiculous amount of things.

Put another way, in 1/1000 of a second, light travels 300 Km. Does Northstar do 'runs about 300 Km worth of stuff' in that time? If so, lightspeed!

I've seen a variety of different scans people thought made Northstar lightspeed (including the famous one from 'The Vault' which gets misinterpreted: 'Speed of Light: 186 000 miles per second. Speed of the servos in Cyclops' visor: Considerably slower. Northstar steps into the gap -', emphasis mine, nowhere does it say he's going lightspeed). None of them have actually measured up to lightspeed, yet (though I'm open to new ones!). Marvel likes to talk about Northstar potentially being capable of approaching lightspeed; there's a lot of 'could be/maybe' on that presentation.

If he can't actually approach lightspeed (like, really close) by feats, I'm not sure how he's stacking up to Speedy, here, who has feats for 'Hmm, look at those radio waves approaching me, I think I'll just leave now' as I recall. And if he's not in Speedy's league, he's getting taken out first by Speedy, who then goes on to beat everyone else who actually matters unconscious.

Really, I'm hoping for more feats because that gives me something interesting to look at. ^_^
    Yeah, that Cyclops thing you mentioned is actually the feat I found that mentioned the 100th of a second thing. What he actually accomplishes during that gap is all of KOing Emma Frost and making Cyke blast the wrong stuff.

Its not great. When I mentioned light speed, that was just again the 186k thing.
    - big_adventure

...I read that as 1/1000 of a second. Need new glasses. So he'd need to do about 3 000 Kms running worth of stuff in that time. I should have known it was The Vault. ^_^

Anyway, my feeling is that Northstar gets blitzed here (if J'onn is even going 10% lightspeed and the best we have for NS is the Vault scene, it's a blitz) and then everything pretty much goes as described above. Mileage, it may vary. ^_^
    Why are we here?

...I read that as 1/1000 of a second. Need new glasses. So he'd need to do about 3 000 Kms running worth of stuff in that time. I should have known it was The Vault. ^_^

Anyway, my feeling is that Northstar gets blitzed here (if J'onn is even going 10% lightspeed and the best we have for NS is the Vault scene, it's a blitz) and then everything pretty much goes as described above. Mileage, it may vary. ^_^
    Do you know if QS ever had any temporary upgrades that would make him competitive here?
    - big_adventure