• Appear Badly

14 15.05%
  • Not Appear At All

73 78.49%
  • Other (Explain)

6 6.45%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Not appear at all. Easy decision.

Look at what happened to Laura Kinney/X-23. Bendis wrote her totally out of character, and since then every single writer has followed after the status quo that he established, giving her more OOC, cringeworthy dialogue, and altering her character trajectory to make her a less interesting, less compelling character. Now seems like writers are more interested in writing her sidekick that Taylor saddled her with than her. She bears very little resemblance to the fascinating character Kyle/Yost created and Liu built on. Consequently she’s gone from a character I loved to a character that I care very little about anymore, because now I know when she appears she’s either going to be written as a generic teen or as Wolverine Lite. No thank you.

Not appear at all. I wish they had done that with Stom the past couple of years

Astonishing Member

My favorite mutants are Havok and Madelyne Pryor and as must as I would love to see OG Maddy return I would rather she be not used UNTIL someone that can write her correctly decides to. A bad interpretation only makes it that much harder for a good writer to redeem the character later on.

My favorite character is Magik and all of my favorite characters are from New Mutants and Academy X so I rather them to continue to not be used than appear badly or be killed off by drunk frat boys or something silly like that.

BANNED

Not appear.

Fans have a hard time with letting **** go.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

It's a hard choice given the sheer character assassination mine has gone through in the past few years. I want to say "not appear" but sometimes the Limbo option doesn't do the character any good. But then there is the 2017-2019 Rachel Summers where it's been one crapfest after another by 4 different writers. I feel like it depends on the character in many ways.

It's tough, but I think I have to go with - not appear at all. For so long I was wanting Rachel to be back. And she came back. But then they just saddled her with terrible retreads of her history. Storylines that just made me cringe. The same way with Dazzler and the way Bendis treated her was horrible. Thankfully she's rebounded a bit since then.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

All it takes is one bad take to set a character back decades. Look at Meltdown (Boom Boom). Over the coarse of over a 100 issues in X-force she grew into a strong confident young woman. Then Ellis decides to use her in Nextwave, but instead of using her the way she had been shown for years reverts her back to her original valley girl airhead version from when she first showed up in X-Factor. Decades of character development gone for a few jokes, and now when ever you see Boom Boom she is that version. Even though she grew out of that version decades ago that is who she is now because of one bad portrayle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    All it takes is one bad take to set a character back decades. Look at Meltdown (Boom Boom). Over the coarse of over a 100 issues in X-force she grew into a strong confident young woman. Then Ellis decides to use her in Nextwave, but instead of using her the way she had been shown for years reverts her back to her original valley girl airhead version from when she first showed up in X-Factor. Decades of character development gone for a few jokes, and now when ever you see Boom Boom she is that version. Even though she grew out of that version decades ago that is who she is now because of one bad portrayle.
    Absolutely true. I enjoy reading Boom Boom, but I do wish someone would take her aside and just read her a bit. Get her to own up to her former glory. Who knows, maybe we'll get that in the Hickman reboot/rebrand...
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Easy choice for me - Not Appear At All

There are many many things in this world to enjoy, mess Rogue up (even more) and show her no love (JDW) and I'm off. I'll spend my money and time elsewhere, quite happily.

Hox/Pox is the last gasp of interest for me atm, if it doesn't grab me I'm packin' my bindle and heading for pastures new. I've been neglecting music and film for the sake of comics for years now, Not appear at all is much easier to walk away from, only masochists would want to hang around to witness their faves being written badly. (but obviously comics are unique in that they keep you on a drip with monthly doses, just enough to play on your hopes that things will be better next month, and before you know it, years have gone by and you're grumblin' and throwing peanuts on these dem boards!!) no not me, NEVER

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Nextwave was fantastic, but no one there was supposed to be a regular, but rather a very heightened version- Machine Man and Spectrum were far off from their regular counterparts than Boom-Boom. I'm not sure even if it was supposed to be set in the 616.

Not appear at all, sometimes less is more, i wish that Marvel would remember that with my favorite X-Men, but alas is just not to be.

Wolverine is still a beloved character and he has been misused off and on since the late 90's.
    Post-94 Wolverine has sadly been the definition of hit and miss.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nextwave was fantastic, but no one there was supposed to be a regular, but rather a very heightened version- Machine Man and Spectrum were far off from their regular counterparts than Boom-Boom. I'm not sure even if it was supposed to be set in the 616.
    No, it was not supposed to be a canon.

BANNED

not appear because they stay safe from bad writers