Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Infinity Wars - Marvel's 2018 Summer Event Confirmed

Brought to you by Gerry Duggan, Mike Deodato, and Frank Martin!

Marvel has finally announced what its current Infinity Countdown event leads to - another summer blockbuster event entitled Infinity Wars.

Infinity Wars will be written by Gerry Duggan with art from Mike Deodato and Frank Martin. No other details about Infinity Wars were announced, however Marvel promised more information at this year's C2E2 event in Chicago.
    - https://www.newsarama.com/39241-marv...nity-wars.html

Can't wait for everyone to complain about it being an event!

I'm more excited to read it though, the cosmic stuff has been great since he took over as writer.

The art should be good. Starlins Thanos story is this summer too. Should be a fun ride.

I just hope some how Silver Surfer (this one being more obvious), Blue Marvel and Spectrum are involved in some way.

I'm so, but so much very surprised.
    But with Gerry Duggan as the writer, could be a nice twists around.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Another big event that I will not be reading. I hope it doesn't drag the books I want to read into it via tie-ins.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

“Hopefully, you guys will be happy to know that at the end of Secret Empire, we do not have any big crossover event scheduled,” Gabriel revealed. “We haven’t even talked about one for 18 months, at the very least. Those will be away for quite a while.”

Well that promise lasted literally just the normal amount of time between events lol. Not a surprise since we already have like 5 or 6 crossover series for the Countdown alone, but Marvel could at least not make the promises if they are going to insta-break them.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    “Hopefully, you guys will be happy to know that at the end of Secret Empire, we do not have any big crossover event scheduled,” Gabriel revealed. “We haven’t even talked about one for 18 months, at the very least. Those will be away for quite a while.”

Well that promise lasted literally just the normal amount of time between events lol. Not a surprise since we already have like 5 or 6 crossover series for the Countdown alone, but Marvel could at least not make the promises if they are going to insta-break them.
    sometine I don't get we haven't talked about one for 18 months but since that time there has been venom x-men crossover domination venomverce and infinity countdown all in the past few months so what's going on marvel

Marvel has to relax with the events.

Amazing Member

Oh good. Another event to try and make Captain Marvel a fan favourite...again. It didn't work in Civil War 2, so let's roll the dice with yet another Infinity crossover. I sure hope that Iron Fist, Cage, She-Hulk, Falcon, and Hawkeye are there. All the major heroes you want in a cosmic event.

They couldn't even last a year without an event.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post

I'm sure that it will just like 4 or 5 issues...followed by some epilogue 4 or 5 issue mini, so we get the 10-12 issue event, just broken up into 3 separate parts so it *technically* isn't something like SW, CW2, or SE(though of course functionally being the same, just with more #1s).

Just hope it doesn't tie in to Iron Man, I can comfortably ignore it then(I mean I will anyway, I just don't want to lose 3 or 4 issues to tie-ins).

Because the last time Marvel tried to directly tie-in to a movie with an event worked out so well .

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Details are a little sketchy so far, but, if Newsarama's description of it being a "Summer Blockbuster Event" is correct, that would definitely suggest it's a change of plans from their previous announcement of no line-wide crossovers. That being said, we don't have any details about exactly how big this one will be.

I would hope they've had enough time to plan for this. Certainly, a tie to Infinity War makes a ton of sense and it's not like that movie snuck up on them.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I would imagine tie-ins will be minis or one-shots like in Infinity Countdown and Monsters Unleashed. Doctor Strange is the only obvious ongoing that would affected anyway, as the other characters on that cover don't have books at the moment.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman