Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default What candidates would the Daily Planet staff vote for to be President in 2020

Primaries & General

Clark - Beto O'Rourke
    Lois - Kamala Harris
    Jimmy - Pete Buttigieg
    Perry - Joe Biden
    Ron - Elizabeth Warren
    Steve - Donald Trump
    Cat - Marianne Williamson

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Lois, Clark, and Jimmy would all likely go Bernie or Tulsi.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Lois, Clark, and Jimmy would all likely go Bernie or Tulsi.
    I do not think Lois would support Bernie Sanders over a qualified female candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    I do not think Lois would support Bernie Sanders over a qualified female candidate.
    A valid point.

Clark would certainly vote for the most idealist candidate regardless of their chance of victory or defeat.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Kind of feels like the protagonist characters would back whichever candidate the writer of the story supported. There's not enough consistency in the characters from writer to writer. Not like any of the current candidates really has distinguished himself or herself from the pack.

Clark and Jimmy would definitely be #YangGang. Everyone gets $1000 and Lex Luthor pays for it.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Lol yikes. You typically end up with a discussion of projection with politics. I kinda know where I lean, and I can guess with certain writers, but it's mostly a toss up with characters. I don't think anyone right now looks SO good that Clark would find them ideal. Despite his famous deceptive act, he's usually big on hearing people out and seeking a noble, objective truth. I can imagine many reasons why people would want to see him as a Democrat, from his empathy on current issues to the alternate reality where he seemingly was a Democratic candidate, but I don't think a party in and of itself can win him. I think his vote would be private but maybe surprising. Of course he wouldn't use Superman to endorse a candidate either.

The best I really have is that Dirk would definitely vote Trump and that it also seems to fit Lombard based on a stereotype about his demographic. Same with Ron on the opposite side.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Lol yikes. You typically end up with a discussion of projection with politics. I kinda know where I lean, and I can guess with certain writers, but it's mostly a toss up with characters. I don't think anyone right now looks SO good that Clark would find them ideal. Despite his famous deceptive act, he's usually big on hearing people out and seeking a noble, objective truth. I can imagine many reasons why people would want to see him as a Democrat, from his empathy on current issues to the alternate reality where he seemingly was a Democratic candidate, but I don't think a party in and of itself can win him. I think his vote would be private but maybe surprising. Of course he wouldn't use Superman to endorse a candidate either.

The best I really have is that Dirk would definitely vote Trump and that it also seems to fit Lombard based on a stereotype about his demographic. Same with Ron on the opposite side.
    Yeah, much as comic writers like to paint one party as the heroes and the others the villains, it really is more complex than that and at least for Clark and Lois, I really do think they are type to go issue-to-issue instead of towing one particular party line. That said, as champions of the people/press, I do see them left leaning, but I admit that even that may be me projecting given my own beliefs. Ultimately it's hard to pin down because these characters are so complex and handled by so many people that there's no decisive answer. Just a general "probably this candidate."

Tulsi Gabbard is a qualified female candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Clark and Jimmy would definitely be #YangGang. Everyone gets $1000 and Lex Luthor pays for it.
    LOL I can see that too.

Which one do you think Lois will vote for and what about Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A valid point.

Clark would certainly vote for the most idealist candidate regardless of their chance of victory or defeat.
    Who do you think that is?

From his upbringings, I actually see Clark as far more conservative than liberal. Yes, he is a journalist, but he is not the writer of op-Eds. He is less sensational in his journalistic endeavors as, say Hannity or Maddow. Lois, as a military kid, would more than likely focus on what may help the military. I don’t think she would be a Trump fan by no means, but I can’t see her backing Bernie or Warren, and I think she would see through Biden. It would be tough to pick who they would vote for. Clark might try to find the most conservative Democrat, but I think he would try to be as middle of the road as possible. I see him more libertarian than anything.
    Last edited by Superfly Frankenstein; 07-04-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'd hope Lois' criteria for getting her vote wasn't determined first by the number of X chromosomes the candidate had. I can see it being a tie-breaker if we had two close possibilities, but not one of the main factors.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think Clark is an idealist and a scientist as much as he is a reporter or hero. I think he would vote Mayor Pete or Cory Booker. Plus the idea of investing in a small town mayor seems too perfect. He could play Pete Ross in the next movie. Lois, I think she votes for Elizabeth Warren, she has all the plans and is facing waves of pushback for the same things Lois probably faces. She might back Harris or Julian Castro too. Perry White would vote Joe Biden. Jimmy Olsen would probably back Beto or Bernie. I definitely see Steve Lombard voting for Trump.