Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
I find that an extra-ordinary stretch.

He can’t hear and see a bit more than a normal human...he can see and hear gazillions times more. Plus super speed, perfect memory. Plus the little matter..in some incarnations of super intelligence.

If his power set is taken seriously...he should be a better reporter.

But most super hero comics really aren’t remotely consistent. They start with the premise that some heroes have colossal powers...show those powers as operating sometimes, sometimes not.
Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
If he’s using his superpowers to cheat (which is what you are implying he should do) than it doesn’t make him a better reporter than Lois. It makes him a cheater.

Lois is who she is distinctly because she doesn’t have that kind of privilege to fall back on. Her power is her drive and her power is the ability to push and go and pursue when other people might quit.

There is literally one thing in the world where Superman has to settle for being second best. One thing. That’s it. It certainly doesn’t bother Clark that he’s second best to her. If anything, it turns him on. Why does it bother you so much? Why does he have to be #1 at every last thing?

Just offering a bit of perspective on this, hope you both don't mind:

His powers aren't "cheating," but they also don't have much of anything to do with his journalistic skills. Good journalism is about what's done with information, not the information itself.

And while he's an exceptionally good reporter (particularly when he sets his mind to it) and they're certainly close enough that they're competitive (otherwise she'd just trounce him easily and we don't often see that happen), she's certainly better.

Jack, I know you addressed some of this a bit later in the thread, but I thought it was still relevant to what you talked about and wanted to make it clear that I'm just positing an overall observation as opposed to taking sides or whatnot.