Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Can the Uncanny Avengers exists in the Marvel Universe ?

Can a merge team of X-men and Avengers members really work as a team in the Marvel Universe and be battling villains from both franchises along with others from within the Marvel Universe ?

I think it can. The first installment of the Uncanny Avengers was really good and proved that it could work to me.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Can a merge team of X-men and Avengers members really work as a team in the Marvel Universe and be battling villains from both franchises along with others from within the Marvel Universe ?
    I see no legitimate reason why it couldn’t.

For that to happen, the X-Men would need villains.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Don't see a reason why it couldn't. Just needs to find a good roster and preferably stay away from synergy and event nonsense to keep going.

If it is well written, why not.

But in Uncanny X-men the Avengers / X-men relationship is not exactly at its best. It almost seems that Uncanny Champions could work better

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If it is well written, why not.

But in Uncanny X-men the Avengers / X-men relationship is not exactly at its best. It almost seems that Uncanny Champions could work better
    It sort of depends what X-Men and what Avengers you choose.

Beast, Wolverine, Rogue, and Sunspot have all had solid runs as Avengers. Storm is dating the leader of the Avengers right now. Hope was trained by the Avengers during AvX. Deadpool can easily be placed in either group. Plenty of X-Men can be Avengers without any drama whatsoever.

But where's the fun in that? If they restart the Uncanny Avengers they will of course get at least 1 X-Men with issues against the Avengers to generate that drama, which inevtiably will be worked out.

It can no doubt and probably should a unity team is better for stories. Xmen, Avengers, Defenders, FF, or inhuman on the unity team could be ambassadors back to their core team. The best thing about Illuminati was the idea of them sharing info and data.

It could work as long as the team itself is unified and not just make the two main ladies fight for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Don't see a reason why it couldn't. Just needs to find a good roster and preferably stay away from synergy and event nonsense to keep going.
    Totally agree with this. Having a great roster and a good story there's no reason it shouldn't work. We got small teasing of that at the end of X-Men Red and personally I would have love to see Jean's team work with the Avengers more.

The next attempt at an Uncanny Avengers should mix it up a bit. Mutant members from the Avengers and non-mutants from the X-Men

Mighty Member

Idk. It's hard to feel like an Uncanny Avengers team could ever achieve anything when the Avengers are always jerks in their X-Men appearances. Perhaps a team that takes from the Fantastic family, given that they have a mutant of their own. Get your Johnny, your Franklin, your Spider-man, and throw in some X-Men, backed by Reed tech and Fantastic Four money, maybe it could better sell the illusion of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The next attempt at an Uncanny Avengers should mix it up a bit. Mutant members from the Avengers and non-mutants from the X-Men
    That would be a bit limited, the Avengers would have Beast, Justice, Firestar, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (Still going with my mystically enchanced mutant headcanon), X-men would be Mimic, Longshot, Fantomex, the Stepford Cuckoos, X-23, Gabby and Danger.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Totally agree with this. Having a great roster and a good story there's no reason it shouldn't work. We got small teasing of that at the end of X-Men Red and personally I would have love to see Jean's team work with the Avengers more.
    They were teasing it at the end of AXIS and then Remainder did Counter-Evolutionary instead.

Extraordinary Member

I'll say again that I think if they ever revive the idea of the Unity Squad, it should be a genuine Avengers/X-Men unity squad, run by both teams and both editorial offices.

I wouldn't even be surprised if it was originally pitched that way, though given the status quo after Avengers vs. X-Men that probably wouldn't have been possible. But the problem with the squad was that it was essentially just an Avengers team with some mutants on it. And the Avengers has had mutants on it since 1965, so it's not a huge change. If you had just called the team "The Avengers" people wouldn't have noticed any difference from a normal Avengers team except that a couple of the new members are mutants.

The fun thing about a Unity Squad is not showing how humans and mutants (and Inhumans, whatever) can work together, it's the idea of showing how Marvel's two biggest rotating-membership teams work together. That would mean not only having a mix of Avengers and X-Men regulars in the cast, but having the leader of the Avengers and the leader of the X-Men running the team together and clashing over their different management styles. ("Look, you guys do your training in a room that's trying to kill you, I prefer to have a neutral room loaded up with other things that try to kill you.")