Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

the upgraded suit is great, maybe it'll let me get all the trophies for the ps4 game before i turn to dust
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

EDIT:Never mind...
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 07-03-2019 at 10:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That would put Jameson in the same company as Batman (who created Joker), Spider-Man (who created Venom, Carnage, co-created Harry Osborn, and co-created the Spider-Slayers).
    Trying to equate these "examples" with JJJ actually purposely sponsoring the creation of villians is laughable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Trying to equate these "examples" with JJJ actually purposely sponsoring the creation of villians is laughable.
    How? From Jameson's perspective, Spider-Man is a menace and a villain. He truly believes that. When he sponsored Scorpion or said he'd give a reward to Electro, he didn't know or expect they'd turn out to be bad. Especially in the case of Scorpion since he knew and saw Mac Gargan as a private detective and so thought he'd be on the level. Did Jameson do it knowing that Scorpion would become a nutcase, no. Morally, sure Jameson's responsible. But then morally Peter's responsible for Ben's death. But Jameson didn't intend to create a supervillain.

Jameson is waiting for the proverbial one good vigilante that would put down that menace Spider-Man and expose him as a fraud.

And again...Jameson told a white supremacist to get stuffed. To me that absolves him. People who say no to real-life evil get a pass for any comic book shenanigans. I mean in real-life editors/publishers are unlikely to fund the creation of a supervillain with an eyesore of a Scorpion outfit (easily Ditko's weakest design) but they are likely to back white supremacists. Jameson didn't do the latter.

i'd die for them

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Let me ask you something: do you actually like Spider-Man?
    I love Spider-Man and I don't like this "Spider-man".
    This is Iron Boy with some elements of Spider-Man (names of the characters basically).

We have a Peter, MJ, May, Ned, Betty etc, but they are just there...

I agree that in this universe Peterīs uncle Ben is Stark, everything he does or thinks he should do, begins and ends with Tony.
    That to me isn't appealing.

I thought the dynamic between MJ and Peter in HC with nicely established, the seeds were carefully planted, and here they just hit you in the head with it.
    It goes from, there might be something there, to...OMYGODIMSOINLOVEWITHMJICANHARDLYBREAD in the first scene.

Mysterio on the other hand, just like the Vulture in HC, was perfect.
    The way they adapted his character and his "powers of illusion" to the movie was flawless, thanks to fantastic CGI and a very good performance be Gyllenhaal.

I like Tom Holland though and would love to see him with more spider-man content and less marvel iron boy

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post
    I love Spider-Man and I don't like this "Spider-man".
    This is Iron Boy with some elements of Spider-Man (names of the characters basically).

We have a Peter, MJ, May, Ned, Betty etc, but they are just there...

I agree that in this universe Peterīs uncle Ben is Stark, everything he does or thinks he should do, begins and ends with Tony.
    That to me isn't appealing.

I thought the dynamic between MJ and Peter in HC with nicely established, the seeds were carefully planted, and here they just hit you in the head with it.
    It goes from, there might be something there, to...OMYGODIMSOINLOVEWITHMJICANHARDLYBREAD in the first scene.

Mysterio on the other hand, just like the Vulture in HC, was perfect.
    The way they adapted his character and his "powers of illusion" to the movie was flawless, thanks to fantastic CGI and a very good performance be Gyllenhaal.

I like Tom Holland though and would love to see him with more spider-man content and less marvel iron boy
    I was actually just asking Revolutionary_Jack, but thank you for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

i'd die for them
    If this was the infamous f, marry, kill game and I was the contestant none of them would be alive.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    If this was the infamous f, marry, kill game and I was the contestant none of them would be alive.
    Celgress! They're kids! Hahahahahaha

The lack of Uncle Ben. I am sorry Mysterio creates a vision of Peter's worst nightmare and it's Tin Man Downey Jr and not Uncle Ben. In the words of Norman Osborn, "I have a bridge to sell you".

[/spoil]
    This couldn't happen because Mysterio does not know who Uncle Ben is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This couldn't happen because Mysterio does not know who Uncle Ben is.
    I get that, but to me if you are going to do what's essentially a scarecrow sequence then emotionally it has to be Ben and not Tony.

Honestly, I loved the film! It had a lot of humor and heart. There were quips, but unlike in other films, the quips were actually funny here. There was still this sense that Spider-Man, who's kind of small time, dealing with things far beyond him (not too big mind you, but still pretty major league). The Parker luck, the messing up, the responsibility, the friends, the MJ relationship, the Aunt May/Happy Hogan relationship, the classic Spider-Man rogue, the beats were all there.

Speaking of villains, I enjoyed Mysterio. Indeed spoilers:
    I knew from the start that there was no such thing as a multiverse, 616 thing going on here. It's friggin' Mysterio, of course he's pulling a fast one on you! Initially, I was a little hesitant about this rendition of Mysterio especially since he was working with a crew of disgruntled ex-Tony Stark employees (great shout out to the past films by the way). BUT, that scene in Germany, with Mysterio just playing the mind games on Peter, that made me smile. Classic, CLASSIC Mysterio stuff right there. I totally fell for the Nick Fury switch. And yeah, though I had an inkling that Mysterio would reveal the secret identity, how he did it was very clever. Straight out of a comic book, which is how I like it.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, it was a fun, very satisfying movie. Want to see it again, really .
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

I get that, but to me if you are going to do what's essentially a scarecrow sequence then emotionally it has to be Ben and not Tony.
    That would make zero sense here.

This is an illusion created by Mysterio, not a nightmare Peter's having. Mysterio can't program a hologram with information he isn't privy to.

Also, Tony is a connecting tissue between Beck and Peter. A mentor to both but with one still revering him, the other filled with resentment.

That would put Jameson in the same company as Batman (who created Joker), Spider-Man (who created Venom, Carnage, co-created Harry Osborn, and co-created the Spider-Slayers). In the MCU, Tony Stark makes more villains than anyone above combined. And even in the comics, he's made many villains, including of course the time he became a bad guy in CIVIL WAR.

Creating a villain doesn't mean you stop being the hero, or in Jameson's case, a good person, or the villain stops being the villain.
    but the difference between Batman and Spiderman and even Tony is that Jameson willing pay and supported the creation of the villain and didnt take any responsibility for it. Batman and Spider-Man indirectly created their respective villains they didnt go out of their way to make Joker Joker, Eddie Brock venom. Jameson knew exactly what he was getting into
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    but the difference between Batman and Spiderman and even Tony is that Jameson willing pay and supported the creation of the villain and didnt take any responsibility for it. Batman and Spider-Man indirectly created their respective villains they didnt go out of their way to make Joker Joker, Eddie Brock venom. Jameson knew exactly what he was getting into
    True, Jameson is more akin to Lex Luthor in this regard.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."