It's long been said by some people that characters who kill scum are no better than said scum. That they're hypocrites and all.

It's something I never really got. To me, the likes of the Punisher and Dexter Morgan are clearly better than the criminals they habitually kill. Like I'm going to believe that there's no difference between them and a sexual predator who preys on children then kill them. Like killing a rapist is exactly the same as killing an helpless innocent.

Hell, sometimes I wonder if some people don't actually think these anti-heroes are worse than the villains they kill. Like, they're thinking "Leave them alone, you big meanie you!". Those criminals might have families to feed, so who cares about the families of innocent people they kill? Or they had a terrible childhood, yet funnily those anti-heroes probably didn't suffer a tragedy themselves. Like criminals are always kind of poor and down on their luck, while murderous anti-heroes are elitist fascists.

At least that's how it come off to me, sometimes. Though, as funny as it might sound, I'm not exactly fond of the death penalty. It kills too many innocents, because most of the people in charge are idiots, or corrupt, or both. Still, people who can be proven to be scum without a shadow of a doubt, should be dealt with harshly.