Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    All arcs are a waste of time, Cyclops going revolutionary, Emma joining the X-men, Jean's life, marriage, death. Everything is undone and doesn't matter.
    We see follow-ups to those however. Scott seems to still be dealing with the effects of Schism and always being called / thought wrong. I think JDW even mentioned something about Scott atoning, which triggered some who felt he had nothing to atone for. Unless there's another story with him I forget because it hasn't been mentioned. lol

Jean has come back, and sadly her death, relationship with Scott, and what she remembers regarding Jeen's experiences hasn't been addressed yet. If it's not, then that does render the story null & void. But too soon to say nobody will address it. Sadly she & Scott came back right at the start of this transitional period of waiting-for-Hickman-filler.

Emma & Magneto seem to be anti-villains who go in & out of the X-Men. They have X's on the uniforms in Powers of X.

But stories that can be considered moot are the ones that happened but just got ignored later, had no follow-up, and characters don't even seem to acknowledge that it happened. It's something that can be rendered or considered non-canon. For example

Bunn's work. Ignoring him is what the X-Office does best really. So everything that happened in his Uncanny has been rendered moot & useless. The AXIS story line. All the characters have been reset, and chances are all the stories with the characters who remained inverted longer will be ignored, so that story can, and probably will, be ignored going forward.

The Toad x Husk romance. I am fine with this one. But as an example when Toad lost Husk, he was so upset he couldn't stay at the school. Then in a following story, he's back at the school with no explanation. Meanwhile, his & Husk's affair probably won't come up again.

Jean x Bishop. It's still debated if AoX will matter at all, and if it doesn't, than true to form, everything that happened here was filler since it won't effect the characters going forward.

Then some minis can be considered filler given how many events of said series are isolated and just appear to be extra side-stories. But they can be used to show different sides to a character without disrupting a main title. So those are tricky in some cases.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

With this I'm not answering to anybody in particular but i think it has something to do with the topic:
    Cable covered a similar role to Hope on the 90's where he was some kind of messiah too. But that arc ended, it is the same for Hope. It doesn't mean she has to be the messiah forever or that she doesn't have a place on the x-men if she isn't one.
    In fact one could think that growing up with that in mind and having fullfilled that destiny she would like to not be as important or have that much responsability.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-05-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    And instead, she was turned into another casualty and let's not forget the utter waste that is Hope in all of this, mutant messiah? All that training from Cable was an utter waste, is she even relevant anymore? Was she ever?

This whole thing is like watching the Titanic sink right as the Hindenburg is about to crash into it.

Really wondering how the hell Hickman is going to pull off this doozy of a miracle and make the X-men relevant again. I mean i feel the man is good at the long game and it does pay off but man does he have his work cut out for him.
    Poor Magik is a mindless beast. Someone has to stop this menace!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Not only that but we are not in a oral-based communication society. Videos have been made. Texts have been produced.
    Siege Perilous part Deux?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think a lot of mutants - Husk and Cannonball, Jubilee, Northstar, Beast, etc. - would mind their families, friends, and teammates forgetting they existed.
    Ma Guthrie got enough kids to worry about lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Poor Magik is a mindless beast. Someone has to stop this menace!
    not so much mindless...she strategically took out Juggernaut
    .I liked this issue ..cept the Killin of triage and Gabriel... absolutely looooooove the idea of mutants being erased from the reg humans minds and memories

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    .I liked this issue ..cept the Killin of triage and Gabriel... absolutely looooooove the idea of mutants being erased from the reg humans minds and memories
    Triage wasn't killed.

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...68722112536578

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    All arcs are a waste of time, Cyclops going revolutionary, Emma joining the X-men, Jean's life, marriage, death. Everything is undone and doesn't matter.
    Is it very different in real life?
    Quote Originally Posted by William
    This life, which had been the tomb of his virtue and of his honour, is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
    Last edited by Zelena; 07-06-2019 at 04:24 AM.

It is irrelevant to me that Triage is alive without powers to be dead because both mean he will not come out in future comics and both are equally reversible in X-Men.

Isn't it possible Emma erased the idea of Mutants but not the person? The X-Men's families will still know them, but not as Mutants. I was surprised by how much I liked the end of this chapter. I thought it was quite clever.

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    Isn't it possible Emma erased the idea of Mutants but not the person? The X-Men's families will still know them, but not as Mutants. I was surprised by how much I liked the end of this chapter. I thought it was quite clever.
    thats the point. She didnt say she erased the actual characters from people's memories. That would create a far bigger continuity issue going forward, especially since Emma doesnt knoweveryone who is or wont become a mutant

How world can really forget x-men if we have internet?

All facts would be in internet with real videos of x-men on youtube and wiki pages info etc.

It is as stupied as Death of X when Emma made projection of Cyke in everyone's mind but for some reason that projection could also be seen on recorded video.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    How world can really forget x-men if we have internet?

All facts would be in internet with real videos of x-men on youtube and wiki pages info etc.

It is as stupied as Death of X when Emma made projection of Cyke in everyone's mind but for some reason that projection could also be seen on recorded video.
    not if all those pages/ videos get deleted

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Why do people not read a thread before posting? It's like jumping into the middle of a conversation and just saying what was already discussed.
    Well if a bunch of people on the internet discussed an issue on page 3-5 of a 20 plus page thread on a message board it cant possibly be discussed again can it?

thats virtually impossible outside of a Mephisto level spell which Emma does not have the capacity to accomplish

Besides we only have Emma's word of what she intended to do. Rosenberg could be trolling her and make her look inept with her big plan flopping next issue as she wasnt able to make anyone outside of the near vicinity forget

It is impossible. And I even don't tell about printed photos, posters on the walls, newspapers, toys.