Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-men 21 [LGY 643] *Spoilers*

The X-men are outside the HFC ready to sneak in. They take care of the guards and go in only to be greeted by Emma. In the infirmary a prisoned Triage is taking care of guards that got injured in last issue. He heals up Wolverine and gets bitched at by the doctor. Triage spits on the doctor, whom pushes a button to kill him

Emma thanks Scott for coming and offers to talk in private. Havok threatens to blast her if she doesnt explain herself and Scott orders him down. Hope (without her scar), sneaks up with a gun behind Emma's head, using her TP to shield herself. A guard (Mystique) sneaks up behind Hope and she puts her gun down

Wolverine goes berserk and starts killing people. Velocidad infected with Warlock is left. He admits that they've been using him to create multiple warlocks that mature faster.

Emma admits to removing the memories and giving psychic suggests to steer in directions she needed. Magik is pissed and attacks her, asking if she can kill her.. Emma says she was keeping them safe and saved them all. Hope uses Emma's TP to go into her mind and tells her to show them.

Magik ports them to Wolverine and they have a quick battle with a big Warlock creation. It kills Banshee. Callahan gets on a monitor and tells Magik that he put something in her friends that he can now use now that they are in range. He activates her vaccine and she becomes Darkchylde and uses her demonic magic to get rid of ONE soldiers. She takes Juggernauts Cytorrak gem and crushes it. Hope uses Magik's powers to get them out of there

Jamie, Nemesis, Madroxlocke and Fabian Cortez are with Dani and Havok fighting on the streets of Manhattan. They werent able to find Elixir. Scott's team rejoins them and he lets Dani know that nobody else made it from their rescue mission. She is pissed and tells him they will have some words when this is over

Emma with a shaven head (presumably haven the vaccine cut out of her), is holding cerebro and tells them that the world has never heard of them or that mutants exist
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-03-2019 at 06:35 AM.

the Warlock Final Boss just swatting Banshee and stepping on him is funnier than it should’ve been.

Default Uncanny X-Men 21 - spoilers

The issue starts off with the same conversation between Scott and Emma we have been seeing since #11. We don't see this private talk yet. Maybe in the next/last issue?

Anyway skip to the preview pages with Dani, Hope and Scott taking out the O.N.E soldiers guarding the Hellfire Club.
    Magik enters the building and takes point. She lets the X-Men in.

So this is the real Emma, allowed to waltz around the mansion with no power inhibitor. Mistake No. 1 Callahan.

Emma contacted Scott for help and off panel asked them to bring her Fabian Cortez but they turned up with out him.

Skip to the medical bay where it's revealed Christopher our other healer is a hostage of O.N.E. Wolverine woke up and trashed several soldiers so they want him to heal the mutilated.

Christopher tries to heal Wolverine and gets zapped and killed by a scientist. I don't know if he was zapped by the vaccine or the collar on his neck.

The X-Men threaten Emma, she laughs and says she could turn of their minds with a thought. Hope sneaks up on Emma using her powers with a gun pointer at her head. Frost doesn't blink and Mystqiue comes out of no where pointing a gun at Hope.

Anyway the X-Men demand an explanation. Emma tells them the truth. Hope reads Emma's mind and is like tell everyone your brilliant plan. She does they all unanimously vote for it except Scott who abstain says he has no place to vote.

Anyway she needs Fabian Cortez ,so they split into groups. Half go save Wolverine. Banshee, Magik and Juggernaut are taken out.

Magik had a device implanted into her head but Callaghan activates it causing her to go all demon. She destroys Juggernaut the Crystal. Well she dumps him in another dimension and smashes the Crystal. Magiks sword was one of the most powerful anti magic devices in the MU. As a demon she shatters it in limbo. Very powerful indeed.

Banshee gets smashed by a sentinel. They grab Wolverine. Hope used Magiks powers and regroup with the other X-team who are being attacked.

The fighting just stops a ONE soldier shakes their hand.

Last page is Emma with cerebra and Cortez. With a scar on her head performed by nemesis and sinister. Frost has just mindwiped everyone on the planet. They don't remember anything and there's a mental block preventing them from seeing who they are.

At this point, every issue's ending I'm just thankful that Rosenblah hasn't killed off Dani yet. But we do have one more issue to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    the Warlock Final Boss just swatting Banshee and stepping on him is funnier than it should’ve been.
    Poor Sean. I didnt even realize he got stepped on. Looks like Rosenberg lied about how many X-men would actually be killed bc he's still killing them

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    At this point, every issue's ending I'm just thankful that Rosenblah hasn't killed off Dani yet. But we do have one more issue to go.
    same here

Post Uncanny X-Men #21 Summary, Spoilers, and Discussion

So Emma and Scott barely reconcile as everyone’s fighting and asking her what the hell she did.

In the middle of the fightin, Mystique reveals herself and Sinister, as well as revealing that she was Captain America the whole time.

Emma admits to telepathically suggesting the X-Men’s entire agenda, due to being controlled by ONE. She reveals her plan to the X-Men, at which point they ask Scott and he simply says to vote on it, and the plan passes.

Meanwhile, the ONE is using Triage to heal their soldiers, but he revolts and is then killed. Kill count +1. The doctor tells them to bring in Elixier, implying they have him, while Wolverine begins to wake up in the same room by Callahan’s request because he wanted Logan alive, and he begins to attack everyone there.

The X-Men go to get Fabian Cortez to help with Emma’s master plan and they’re attacked along the way.

The other half of the X-Men warp to the ONE hideout or something and Banshee dies. Kill count +2.

Callahan pops up on a screen and threatens everyone, and tries to flex by disabling Illyana’s powers, leaving her a demon who destroys Jugs’ power stone.

They port away again and then get into a huge brawl with ONE soldiers until randomly they stop. It cuts to Emma with a shaved head, implying her bomb is removed, with Sinister and Fabian and Cerebro in her hand and she says that the world no longer remembers mutanatkind.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Art was sometimes good sometimes weak. At this point I think Rosenberg is just following orders.

I don’t know if Larroca still has the same colorist, but I liked the colors these past few issues. Vibrant and accurate, at least in my opinion.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-03-2019 at 06:45 AM.

i feel like i am reading a what if book now....or an alternate reality...or a DC earth-2 book. I am really not emotionally invested in any of this anymore.

Callahan is about to kill Emma, but she has time to call Scott and ten have the bomb removed from her head. And she then make everyone forget about mutants. Genius as if people discover the mental manipulation wouldn't hate the mutants even more

Who the hell is Callahan? Something very weird is going on

Sean wasn't even 100% alive to be killed again.

Why would Dani be pissed at Scott? This feels like the “Storm finds out about X-Force” scene from Second Coming except it doesn’t make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Poor Sean. I didnt even realize he got stepped on. Looks like Rosenberg lied about how many X-men would actually be killed bc he's still killing them
    What was his role aside from serving his namesake? Also, I’m interested in what happened to Elixir, he’s still got an eye to heal.

BANNED

As I said before, I really don't know what's Rosenberg's endgame, on both a story sense and for his standing on the franchise. He can't believe he's leaving a good mark and there's no way pushing things to this extreme will have a satisfactory resolution with only one issue left.

At least, the things ONE did to kids like Velocidad and Triage are just further proof that humans in the Marvel Universe are trash and Xavier's dream is more BS than it ever was, so erasing themselves from humanity's collective mind sounds actually sane.

Magneto was right.

Dani is pissed about Scott, further strengthing this newfound ship.

“I can be a better man, Dani, please!”
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-03-2019 at 06:50 AM.

It's as if they had merged Chuck Austen with Ultimatum.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Callahan is about to kill Emma, but she has time to call Scott and ten have the bomb removed from her head. And she then make everyone forget about mutants. Genius as if people discover the mental manipulation wouldn't hate the mutants even more

Who the hell is Callahan? Something very weird is going on

Sean wasn't even 100% alive to be killed again.
    Being a Banshee fan is suffering.

I think the biggest character death this issue was Emma’s hair. Undercuts are so beneath her. Don’t make that stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's as if they had merged Chuck Austen with Ultimatum.
    Ultimatum I agree with. Austen though...that was a whole different level of WTFness. This is more WTF is even happening bad, whereas Austen was WTF this is awkward bad.