Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's not wrong. The X-men may have been created first but this wasnt a concept that was a part of their mythos for the 60 or so years they've been around since now. Its just like people calling the Inhumans a ripoff of X-men when Terrigenesis became a global phenomenon and they were adopting many of the X-men's concepts a few years ago
    you mean the mythos that in it's entirety contained 14 stories before very recently? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    you mean the mythos that in it's entirety contained 14 stories before very recently? lol
    what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what are you talking about?
    the inhumans being the sole group to have a claim on living off world

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    the inhumans being the sole group to have a claim on living off world
    I never said the Inhumans were the sole group to ever do that. I am saying that its not something the X-men were about until recently

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Ah, plot induced stupidity: the X-office's best friend
    O.N.E has a cure to wipe out mutants, enslave them, and kill others. Works with Emma Frost, a KNOWN telepath who can rewrite memories.

:V

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    O.N.E has a cure to wipe out mutants, enslave them, and kill others. Works with Emma Frost, a KNOWN telepath who can rewrite memories.

:V
    Yes, not very clever of them.

But I guess you can head-canon it so that Emma implanted some subtle suggestions (like keeping her alive) to Callahan when he removed her collar while staying in the cell with her. He thougth he was protected, but we later saw it was not 100% fool-proof.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    It's basically required though.

Most X-Men are easy to kill -- a sniper would suffice -- so we can't really have competent villains that attack at their own convenience.
    The X-men are written ridiculously stupid. For example the X-men doesn't have a team assigned to protecting it base. How crazy is it that people are comfortable enough to attack X-men mansion and the X-men have zero response. It is why Utopia era X-men was the most logic group.

Both side of argument Heroes and villains have ridiculous plot stupidity that you are better off not focusing on else or it could ruin your enjoyment. For example why in the world would you put pre upgrade Cypher in the field,better yet why you put anybody in the field who isn't proficient in combat. I am mean the X-men has reach the point where you can put together a team like Wolverine, Rockslide, X-23, M, Colossus a team where there is little chance of any one getting hurt. At this point they should be Search and rescue, Science and Combat teams. Anti telepathy helmets is least of their worries the X-men go out into the field in unstable molecule suits no kevlar, no side arms.

I hate this devil timeline where they left Tabby on Utopia when she was built for the JGS.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The X-men are written ridiculously stupid. For example the X-men doesn't have a team assigned to protecting it base. How crazy is it that people are comfortable enough to attack X-men mansion and the X-men have zero response. It is why Utopia era X-men was the most logic group.

Both side of argument Heroes and villains have ridiculous plot stupidity that you are better off not focusing on else or it could ruin your enjoyment. For example why in the world would you put pre upgrade Cypher in the field,better yet why you put anybody in the field who isn't proficient in combat. I am mean the X-men has reach the point where you can put together a team like Wolverine, Rockslide, X-23, M, Colossus a team where there is little chance of any one getting hurt. At this point they should be Search and rescue, Science and Combat teams. Anti telepathy helmets is least of their worries the X-men go out into the field in unstable molecule suits no kevlar, no side arms.
    But you already know that having this kind of MILITARY structure and organization is EVIL because REASONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But you already know that having this kind of MILITARY structure and organization is EVIL because REASONS.
    It's like saying big companies are evil… (But maybe they are.)
    For sure, the X-men always had a very poor public relation department.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If Cyclops does it, is always evil, because Cyclops is wrong for...reasons. That's the entire point of AvX, and the Terrigen era.

I know we have to watch the mansion get blown up for millionth time because well why would the X-men protect themselves first. Also I mean why would a school give logical jobs and skills to characters so characters they would have things to do in team and solo books. The X-men is a better group when you think they are teaching nothing to the next(and older) generation rather than giving them specializations to characters who were made as a blank slate. Because why make Cannonball a Mechanic, Moonstar a Medic, Cypher Tech support, Magma a Pilot, etc and let them function as skilled team when they can be doing nothing instead. I agree structure is bad and evil.

X-men aren't a military force and shouldn't be treated as expendable

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    X-men aren't a military force and shouldn't be treated as expendable
    The X-men were ALWAYS a paramilitary force, ever since the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The X-men were ALWAYS a paramilitary force, ever since the beginning.
    Not only a paramilitary force. It has been created to show mutants can be good and make the world a better place.