Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I can't believe people think its anything other than this...
    It is probably isn't going to carry over but they keep saying Hickman run is huge new take on the X-men. The X-men and mutants operating in secret is big idea. Which has a huge pay off which would be the inevitable "Mutants exists" and the world finding out about them again. So far it is biggest idea I have seen suggested I am not just dismissing it even though it will likely be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    And what is to stop Magneto or Apocalypse from doing just that and ruining the plan? I mean they aren't about to bow down to her whims (Magneto hates her and the man can hold a grudge and the less said about Apocalypse the better) if they see an opportunity to take advantage of it for their own purposes.

Also here is another big flaw in the plan, regardless of the existence of Metahumans, mutants are still born from normal humans and other mutants and once they hit a certain age their X genes activate. So what happens when ma and pa take their kid to a doctor and he finds he has an extra gene responsible for his powers and confirms that he wasn't doused in dangerous chemicals, bitten by radioactive/mistical insects, bombarded by radiation or chosen by an ancient deity/space god?

Oh here's another option, what happens when a Nimrod Sentinels travels back in time to kill mutants and proves the plan failed?

Let's face facts, this is a stupid plan doomed to fail! I am not trying to be negative but I am a realist at heart and I can tell as much that Marvel did not think this through...but then again when did they ever?
    So what you are saying they are things for X-men to actively do to keep it secret that sounds like a recipe for a interesting book. There is I reason said "X-men meets MIB" nothing you and others are saying discourages this concept if they are trying to make this the status quo for awhile. These are just elements of stories to tell, it would be pretty boring story if nothing challegening happened. Of course it doom failed no big change from the norm stays, Grant Morrison increase the mutant population to point mutants would have a certain comfort level. Marvel decimated that as soon as possible to get back "the standard X-men status quo". Plus as mentioned above the big payoff is mutants being discovered again by the world. Writers would get to do stories as if mutants had just been discovered in 2000s.

Once I don't think it is going to happen but it by far most interesting scenario pop up

And eventually it stopped working with the Sentry and that was not a Skrull but the real Xavier and even if it isn't him the explanation remains valid.
    Again you are just giving credence to my point that you want this plan to work even though it has many flaws in it.
    I mean be honest, why do you want her plan to work so badly? I am genuinely curious to hear this.
    honestly only cause of the immediate dismissal of it by my fellow X-Geeks.The same narrative that has half the X-Men in an Anti-Love=Mutant Utopia, millennial version of George Orwell's 1984, Frost Giants wrecking havock in New York, Elves vs Fairies in Scottsdale Arizona, no black people, and a multitude of attacks done by formerly dead heroes...villians...clones. THIS is where suspension of disbelief ends?? why is this implausible but an evil twin version of your blue furry teammate curing humans infected with an electric virus isn't? If they had the internet back when the X-Men were resurrected and invisible to all recording devices I imagine it would be similar to this argument

annnnd I always liked the idea of mutants being an unconfirmed menace... fake news story...Urban legend

annnnnd i started replying to post on this subject 4th of July weekend.... needless to say i was preeeeeetty lit and giving out X-Planations that really explained nothing was a kick. Im not concerned if the plans gonna work or not just having a bit of fun

my bad

Mighty Member

And what is to stop Magneto or Apocalypse from doing just that and ruining the plan? I mean they aren't about to bow down to her whims (Magneto hates her and the man can hold a grudge and the less said about Apocalypse the better) if they see an opportunity to take advantage of it for their own purposes.

Also here is another big flaw in the plan, regardless of the existence of Metahumans, mutants are still born from normal humans and other mutants and once they hit a certain age their X genes activate. So what happens when ma and pa take their kid to a doctor and he finds he has an extra gene respomsoble for his powers and comfirms that he wasn't doused in dangeous chemicals, bitten by radioactive/mistical insects, bombarded by radiation or chosen by an ancient deity/space god?

Oh here's another option, what happens when a Nimrod Sentinels travels back in time to kill mutants and proves the plan failed?

Let's face facts, this is a stupid plan doomed to fail! I am not trying to be negative but I am a realist at heart and I can tell as much that Marvel did not think this through...but then again when did they ever?
    Let's not forget alien mutagenic cloud that activates powers of humans that were altered by an alien race.

So what happens when ma and pa take their kid to a doctor and he finds he has an extra gene respomsoble for his powers and comfirms that he wasn't doused in dangeous chemicals, bitten by radioactive/mistical insects, bombarded by radiation or chosen by an ancient deity/space god?
    if the expecting parents are in America hopefully Roe v. Wade

Also here is another big flaw in the plan, regardless of the existence of Metahumans, mutants are still born from normal humans and other mutants and once they hit a certain age their X genes activate. So what happens when ma and pa take their kid to a doctor and he finds he has an extra gene respomsoble for his powers and comfirms that he wasn't doused in dangeous chemicals, bitten by radioactive/mistical insects, bombarded by radiation or chosen by an ancient deity/space god?

They sue Black Bolt while Emma laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They sue Black Bolt while Emma laughs
    "Mr. Boltagon, you have the right to remain silent."

":("
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

This whole idea would make the X-Men just a cheesy ripoff of the Inhumans. Oh wait. The X-Men have always been cheesy ripoffs if the Inhumans.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    This whole idea would make the X-Men just a cheesy ripoff of the Inhumans. Oh wait. The X-Men have always been cheesy ripoffs if the Inhumans.
    no no you see if they become a secret and go to mars, well, mars is red and the moon is grey you see, and and, xavier wouldn't be king, he'd be headmaster
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

I'm sure the Inhumans are laughing in their graves since Dark Beast unleashed a cloud which activates expression of a superhuman gene, the exact same thing Black Bolt did, and Scott is okay with it.

Also, Dark Beast. Seriously Scott? Trusting Dark Beast to let out the anti-vaccine? It's freaking Dark Beast. He could mutate everyone into never-ending cancer tumors just like he did to the Power Pack of his world.

When Mr. Sinister thinks this guy is a lunatic, I best listen to him.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 07-09-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'm sure the Inhumans are laughing in their graves since Dark Beast unleashed a cloud which activates expression of a superhuman gene, the exact same thing Black Bolt did, and Scott is okay with it.

Also, Dark Beast. Seriously Scott? Trusting Dark Beast to let out the anti-vaccine? It's freaking Dark Beast. He could mutate everyone into never-ending cancer tumors just like he did to the Power Pack of his world.

It was Emma and Sinister manipulation to x-men vote yes on dark beast anti-vaccine. I guess Inhumans were right?

That was because of Sinister. And Illyana, Dani and Hope also supported him.

Ok why are some blaming Scott? The current xmen are run by committee.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That was because of Sinister. And Illyana, Dani and Hope also supported him.
    ??? Scott was the one who gave Dark beast the vaccine and we got no idea what Illyana's stance on it was, we only got Dani and hope's.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Remember how it works, folks:

If it was good- the X-men all deserve the credit.

If it was bad- It's all Scott's fault. The bastard!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    To quote the guy below:

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Remember how it works, folks:

If it was good- the X-men all deserve the credit.

If it was bad- It's all Scott's fault. The bastard!

Quick side note on the telepathy thing. It really sucks that the X-Men don't all wear Magneto helmets to block out telepaths. Come on, they've been fighting telepaths for how long?
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 07-09-2019 at 04:22 PM.