Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    When Marvel tries to make Scott look good they sink him (Inferno) and when they try to make him look bad they make him more popular (AvsX)

Marvel does not understand that people tend to ally with the underdog and every time Scott appeared in a comic by Aaron he became more and more popular.
    Morrison and Whedon run really worked to elevate Scott as it was intention.

So I guess I have to endure "scott was right" all because of Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Morrison run did no such thing. It was a deconstruction that made all involved parties look worse. If Aaron hadn't gone off on him with Schism, he would probably be the most hated X-character today.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Scott's popularity on CBR sunk because of Alonso and Fraction, mostly. Carey a little too.
    With Inferno I am talking about many years ago. The entire event was to convince the public that "Maddie = Evil" and "Scott = Good" and backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    With Inferno I am talking about many years ago. The entire event was to convince the public that "Maddie = Evil" and "Scott = Good" and backfired.
    Meh, as far i'm concerned that was accurate, Maddie was a dick. Granted going for "abusive spouse" to "Queen of all Evil" might have been too much
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

What the......Rosenberg has officially upset me as a reader. What is he trying to accomplish with this story, ruining every character?! He did Magik wrong this issue and I thought he loved her.

I am bummed...

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I just want a BanshEEEmma hug
    Still, it would make for an awkwardly feelz-less moment.

Emma: "Sean. Another beacon through this dreadfulness. It's been too long, old friend. It's good to see you well and..."
    Sean: "Baaaannnssshhheee..."
    Emma: "............................"
    Sean: "Baaaannnssshhheee!"
    Emma: "What the eff? Who hired this guy?"
    Sean: "Baaaannnssshhheee?"
    Emma: "I'm not doing this, I don't care how much you people are paying me. This, right here? This is the Frost leaving the building."
    X-Office: "Wait, Emma, it's only, like the 19th take! We'll get it right!"

No, I mean she should physically feel it. Hope and the Lights are connected and can have felt a Light die in the past. I would’ve even been fine with her shaking it off and soldiering on.
    Oh. Fair enough. It's just that powers sometimes don't work the way they should in the RosenVerse. Or, say, folks randomly get to grow hair on command or become ghosts. One of these "Meh, there's sooo much else not going right, I just can't be bothered."

I try not to think about how Dark Beast was “messing” with the X-Men. It’s......better for my brain.
    Distressingly in line with the SinisClops non-ship, no?

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    What the......Rosenberg has officially upset me as a reader. What is he trying to accomplish with this story, ruining every character?! He did Magik wrong this issue and I thought he loved her.

I am bummed...
    It goes to show that even if a writer "likes" a character, they won't always treat them well. Rosenberg "likes" Magik and Havoc, and they've been completely off since their arrival.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It goes to show that even if a writer "likes" a character, they won't always treat them well. Rosenberg "likes" Magik and Havoc, and they've been completely off since their arrival.
    Guggenheim and Kitty being the prime example.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Guggenheim and Kitty being the prime example.
    At least Guggenheim didn’t strip Kitty of her mutant powers (though he was terrible...). I am salty tonight, very salty. I want my favorite part of this reboot along with the others.

Rosenberg, come on, dude...

BANNED

If you had told me the Magik from Dead Souls and from UXM are written by the same writer I would've called you a liar.

Havok is always written worst by his fans (see also Remender). But tbf his personality has always been to be a whiny shitbag who needs constant validation from Polaris.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    At least Guggenheim didn’t strip Kitty of her mutant powers (though he was terrible...). I am salty tonight, very salty. I want my favorite part of this reboot along with the others.

Rosenberg, come on, dude...
    Well she could still be part of the reboot. We still have at least one more issue I think so she still could get her powers back. Also if not in Uncanny then she might get her powers back in Hickman's run.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

If you had told me the Magik from Dead Souls and from UXM are written by the same writer I would've called you a liar.

Havok is always written worst by his fans (see also Remender). But tbf his personality has always been to be a whiny shitbag who needs constant validation from Polaris.
    Well if you told me the same writer from dead souls is writing Uncanny I wouldn't believe.

Havok seemed better on astonishing, but I also didn't read it.

Morrison run did no such thing. It was a deconstruction that made all involved parties look worse. If Aaron hadn't gone off on him with Schism, he would probably be the most hated X-character today.
    I always heard people saying that they started liking Scott on Morrison's run. I don't think Aaron is that important for Scott being liked
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-03-2019 at 06:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

I guess we all must endure idiocy at times.

I still like it. The ends gonna be some nonsense I'm sure, but this is out there.

Had the X-Men just brought Fabian Cortez to the mansion like Emma had asked all the deaths in this issue could have been avoided.

Also was it necessary to send people to help Wolverine seeing how he is unkillable and well could have survived the Warlock Sentinel long enough for the whole plan to take place?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Had the X-Men just brought Fabian Cortez to the mansion like Emma had asked all the deaths in this issue could have been avoided.

Also was it necessary to send people to help Wolverine seeing how he is unkillable and well could have survived the Warlock Sentinel long enough for the whole plan to take place?
    They wento to get Elixir, not Wolverine