Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    True and I'm not saying that it should happen, just that it wouldn't really bother me if it did. Plus super-heroes with secret ID's are even more "Dime a dozen" TBF.
    Not as much as they used to be, especially when it comes to Marvel heroes.

Really now it's just the younger ones, if at all.

BANNED

In the MCU, Peter used to be the only one with a secret identity. Everyone else: Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Guardians and so on had no secret identity.

In the Marvel Universe, Spider-Man, Daredevil, are among the long-running major heroes with a secret identity.

The secret identity trope feels ubiquitous because Batman and Superman have it. And it's much more of a DC thing but in Marvel it's fairly rare.

Yeah, the only currently active Marvel heroes with secret identities now are the Spider-Men (Amazing, Ultimate, and Superior), Ms. Marvel, Nova (both of them), Bombshell, Squirrel Girl, Daredevil, and probably Valkyrie (she had a secret identity when she was Thor), I think. There really isn't many.

It's definitely more common at DC, where Superman, Batman, Flash, and their respective sidekicks and families have secret identities.

And of course, Power Rangers usually employs the trope.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the only currently active Marvel heroes with secret identities now are the Spider-Men (Amazing, Ultimate, and Superior), Ms. Marvel, Nova (both of them), Bombshell, Squirrel Girl, Daredevil, and probably Valkyrie (she had a secret identity when she was Thor), I think. There really isn't many.

It's definitely more common at DC, where Superman, Batman, Flash, and their respective sidekicks and families have secret identities.

And of course, Power Rangers usually employs the trope.
    Moon Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Moon Knight?
    Moon Knight doesn't even know who he is half the time, at least from what I've read .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Moon Knight doesn't even know who he is half the time, at least from what I've read .
    Still a secret identity haha

Random speculation.

The Mysterio henchmen who seemed to be in the first Iron Man got a copy of material, and is probably responsible for the leak.

There's some speculation that Mysterio faked his death.

But what if he's working for the MCU version of another Spider-Man villain.

There is a lot of speculation about Norman Osborn being the big bad in the next phase of the Marvel films. This could fit that.

By the way- I looked at IMDB. The random technician from the first Iron Man was played by Peter Billingsley, best known as the lead of A Christmas Story. He reprised the role for Far From Home, and it's his first film acting role in six years. He mainly works as a producer.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'd actually be fine with the ID staying public honestly. I mean pretty much every other MCU hero is "public" already, and it kind of reminds me of Ultimate Spider-Man, where Peter was so bad as keeping his secret ID that pretty much everyone knew by the end there.
    IIRC, after Peter dies in the Ultimate Comics, there’s a joke where Flash is by himself in a classroom during Ultimate Fallout and asks outloud, “Was I the only one who didn’t know Peter Parker was Spider-Man?”

Mighty Member

you know... with the Mysterio reveal at the end (as a final “F YOU!” to Peter), it kind of was a matter of time before this Peter got revealed (as he REALLY sucked with the secret identity thing.) I’m not a fan of him picking up MJ in public like that... not saving her... but just picking her up out of the blue. She is now a target (people went after Peter just for being consistently in the vicinity of Spider-Man [from what they knew], what is going to stop people from going after a girl Spider-Man picks up in a crowd of people?). The problem with his identity being public knowledge is that Peter is in a different situation than Tony Stark. Let’s be real, with Tony’s position in life (and how he got there) he was going to be targeted REGARDLESS if he was Iron Man or not (hell all of Spider-Man’s MCU enemies had problems with Tony Stark the business man, not Iron Man the Superhero). MCU Peter is very lucky he hasn’t made too many enemies yet, as Spidey’s baddies are the type to attack him at his house specifically (or attack his loved ones)
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 07-03-2019 at 11:24 PM.

BANNED

Dramatically, MCU Spider-Man having his identity revealed is less than useless. It matters because of who's involved (Jameson) and so on, but by itself it doesn't mean anything since the previous movies haven't built any stakes about that to even a slight extent. Practically everyone knows in the film and so on. It would have mattered more if this happened in Raimi's movies and with those characters.

In the case of Ultimate Spider-Man, Peter's identity going public was to indicate and signal that this was an end and so on. No going back and so on because you had the Death of Spider-Man there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Random speculation.

The Mysterio henchmen who seemed to be in the first Iron Man got a copy of material, and is probably responsible for the leak.

There's some speculation that Mysterio faked his death.

But what if he's working for the MCU version of another Spider-Man villain.

There is a lot of speculation about Norman Osborn being the big bad in the next phase of the Marvel films. This could fit that.

By the way- I looked at IMDB. The random technician from the first Iron Man was played by Peter Billingsley, best known as the lead of A Christmas Story. He reprised the role for Far From Home, and it's his first film acting role in six years. He mainly works as a producer.
    What about the villains that were in jail in the mid credit scene from Homecoming? Was that Scorpion if I am remembering correctly? Possibly a sinister six that comes after him? I know Osborn is inevitable but I am hoping we don't get him quite yet.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Ultimate Member

Well I finally got to see Mysterio in a film, and a really good one, so now I'd like to see Kraven next I think. Oh and Black Cat, but not as an out and out baddie.

Peter becomes a Twitch streamer and beats Noobmaster69 up live on camera
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 07-07-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Something I've just realized regarding the MCU, but they certainly don't seem to be big on "secret identities" when it comes to their superheroes.

Incredible Member

How believable would Mysterio's video be?
    1. People at the Tower Bridge saw the drones attacking Spider-Man and Spider-Man protecting civilians
    2. The public at large saw the hologram fail
    3. Mysterio is in his suit when killed and is wearing something else when the body is found
    4. A major plot hole - no one on the planet actually recognized Quentin Beck?

Anyway, EDITH, as a Stark-creation, should have been recording everything for later analysis/study. Also, in the MCEU word of sorcery, shapeshifters and advanced tech, the whole "reveal" probably gets explained away in the
    next film.