Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Spider-man is in a weird legal situation that's for sure.

So Spider-man was brought on but is not an employee of SHIELD, but SHIELD ultimately forced Peter's hand into working with them by a man whom is not Nick Fury but an acting director. Spider-man is also an Avenger but it's not clear if he was ever officially apart of the Avengers organization in the time he was working with Stark, or if for whatever reason his status would be updated upon Tony's return to Earth (considering Peter was dead for five years). He also inserted himself into the engagement with Beck, but while he protected the acting director he's not supposed to be there in SHIELD's capacity anyways.

So Spider-man killing Beck is all kinds of weird but it gets weirder. Spider-man and standing ground laws in the UK might be tricky legally speaking considering Spider-man inserted himself into the final battle (made even more complicated considering Beck's trickery but that should be enough to allow Spider-man there) but Beck did use the drones on Spider-man and the drones are visible as well as Beck having the controls with him when he died. Meaning that Beck could be held accountable for his actions and that Spider-man did use appropriate force to subdue him. There are several witnesses to Beck's technology and are victims of attempted murder, terrorism, and conspiracy plots. It would look bad in the beginning, but no federal court is going to look at Spider-man and say that the specific circumstances would rule Spider-man a murderer. Spider-man is guilty of other crimes, but murder isn't one of them.
    Probably not, but public opinion is very different from what can be proven in an actual court of law and that's where the real problem is. Legally, they might not be able to prove anything, but the visceral image, fake though it might be, of Spider-Man killing "a fellow hero" in cold blood out of jealousy or envy would stick in the public's imagination for a long while and more than likely taint (some) people's perception of their friendly neighborhood superhero.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Probably not, but public opinion is very different from what can be proven in an actual court of law and that's where the real problem is. Legally, they might not be able to prove anything, but the visceral image, fake though it might be, of Spider-Man killing "a fellow hero" in cold blood out of jealousy or envy would stick in the public's imagination for a long while and more than likely taint (some) people's perception of their friendly neighborhood superhero.
    Absolutely. Public opinion is the thing that will affect Spider-man the most as even though there are witnesses to what Mysterio's done, there's also the problem of Spider-man killing in the first place. It'll be fairly easy to prove or discredit Spider-man actually doing it but his ability to do so is the bigger issue.

I wouldn't doubt it if Kraven appeared in the next film with the intent to track him down and see if he is capable of killing outside of war and what is effectively a terror attack.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

main implication was that i had fun at the cinema
    troo fan or death

on the note of his ID being exposed; “life story” has given me a taste for change of status quo and lasting consequences

if it goes somewhere and leads to something, i’m all for it. if it’s a fake out or temporary thing, i’m less excited but still open
    troo fan or death

I hope they get his identity under wraps soon. I don't like the idea of heroes like Spidey, Daredevil, Superman, Batman, etc, being outed. They have secret identities for a reason. Not to mention, when you take away the secret identity you take away the need for wearing the mask. When you think about it, why would someone like Logan wear a mask when everyone knows who he is. Couldn't they always just fight in street clothes from that point forward?

As others mentioned above...Kraven would be a good villain to see in the next film. Hunting Spider-man AND Peter Parker...using his family and loved ones as bait. Could make for an intense film.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I could see them bringing Scorpion back in, but I don't seem him as being anymore than a nuisance narrative wise rather than a major threat, when bringing someone like Kraven in would have more to work with.
    It actually would be interesting if the third movie has Jameson as the Big Bad and uses Gargan suited up as Scorpion and the Spider-Slayers as antagonists he gets sicked on Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    As large as it doesn't involve a deal with Mephisto I'm fine with wherever they take this lol.
    Aunt May is suddenly gonna end up in the hospital isn't she....

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It actually would be interesting if the third movie has Jameson as the Big Bad and uses Gargan suited up as Scorpion and the Spider-Slayers as antagonists he gets sicked on Spider-Man.
    I would be all for that. Having the head of J.K. Simmons on a giant robot body is too good to pass up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Without having a relation to Peter I'm not sure if Jameson sicking Smythe and Gargan on Spidey would paint him in a light that's not mustache twirling...ESPECIALLY since Gargan is a criminal in this series beforehand...

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly, I get the impression that the MCU films are going to go the "Alex Jones route" with JJJ like the PS4 game. Even the epilogue noted that JJJ's website is considered controversial, so I'm going to assume it's a more conspiratorial site versus legit news.

As for the implications with Pete. I can see more eyes watching him at his school, but most people won't actually believe the reports.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly, I get the impression that the MCU films are going to go the "Alex Jones route" with JJJ like the PS4 game. Even the epilogue noted that JJJ's website is considered controversial, so I'm going to assume it's a more conspiratorial site versus legit news.
    I kind of hope they don't if only because I don't see Robbie working for a conspiratorial news site that's basically Fox News unless he's, like, the only person there interested in legitimate reporting.

I don't want a Spider-Man adaption to screw Robbie over again. It's bad enough how irrelevant he's been the past decade.

Although I kind of wonder if they're going to do like the Loeb Marvel cartoons where JK Simmons' Jonah will now pop into other Marvel movies to critique what's going on and then inevitably somehow blame Spider-Man for them.

Ultimate Member

If it gives me more of Simmons as JJJ, then I'm all for it. Also the "JJJ is an Alex Jones analogue" basically gives them an "out" to undo this potentially as well.

In the meantime, I'm hoping for Kraven to be the villain in the next film. This set-up seems perfect for bringing him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    In the meantime, I'm hoping for Kraven to be the villain in the next film. This set-up seems perfect for bringing him in.
    Kraven's the only super-major Lee/Ditko villain they haven't used in a Spider-Man movie yet.

They almost have to use him unless Sony doesn't let them because their still crazily chasing a Kraven solo movie.

Ultimate Member

The idea of Peter being "hunted" because Beck framed him, seems tailor made for Kraven imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The idea of Peter being "hunted" because Beck framed him, seems tailor made for Kraven imo.
    Or the Spider-Slayers.