Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Here's some interesting information Jon Watts mentioned regarding a Far From Home followup: https://uproxx.com/hitfix/director-j...ome-villain/2/

He mentions that he isn't really interested in doing Norman or Harry, particularly because they've already been done before, and says that if he has it his way, he wants to do Kraven. Which does make the most sense for what kind of threat an exposed Peter for face, and could lead to something really engaging.

Mighty Member

To be fair...I don't think there is much of a choice for an exposed Peter. ANY logical villain will march right up to Peter's house after having an issue with Spider-Man (which is weird saying that as...the main one to go out of his way to attack Peter at his house was crazed Norman). Kraven is one of the few who doesn't care who's behind the mask.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    To be fair...I don't think there is much of a choice for an exposed Peter. ANY logical villain will march right up to Peter's house after having an issue with Spider-Man (which is weird saying that as...the main one to go out of his way to attack Peter at his house was crazed Norman). Kraven is one of the few who doesn't care who's behind the mask.
    And Venom, let's not forget, though he mostly did that under the guise of, "Hey, look at me being all friendly to Peter's loved ones while reminding him with my very presence in his house that I know how to get to him and nowhere he goes is safe from me!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

well, let's see. The events in London were out of the USA's jurisdiction. If anything, Scotland Yard might want him, but would the FBI or NYPD cooperate for extradition? And as far as SHIELD is concerned, they know what's up with Beck.. but will the administration be willing to rebuke the media story? Meanwhile, the real Fury is light years away. Will Talos-Fury have the sophistication to address this properly? Or is he sent away on another mission?
    Meanwhile, would Midtown High give Peter the benefit of the doubt or expel him (without being formally charged or convicted of anything)?
    Is "The Trial of Spider-Man" coming? Maybe Matt Murdock shows up to offer legal advice?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 07-08-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Well, Vulture knew already. Which means the entire prison where he is at probably knows. And the guards. Plus all the visitors. Plus Aunt May and Ganke. Plus he unmasks all the time practically, including at the big endgame battle, so every hero on the field knows. He was also unmasked at Tony's funeral so anyone there knows. Actually I'm surprised they didn't just open the film with his fellow kids saying "hey Spidey!" as he walked down the halls.

This is the Ultimate Universe we are talking about and secret identity just doesn't mean that much. Norman Osborn was pretty much the only villain to really exploit it. I'm not sure what would change with people knowing Peter's identity. Would most people even have a reason to care?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, Vulture knew already. Which means the entire prison where he is at probably knows. And the guards. Plus all the visitors. Plus Aunt May and Ganke. Plus he unmasks all the time practically, including at the big endgame battle, so every hero on the field knows. He was also unmasked at Tony's funeral so anyone there knows. Actually I'm surprised they didn't just open the film with his fellow kids saying "hey Spidey!" as he walked down the halls.

This is the Ultimate Universe we are talking about and secret identity just doesn't mean that much. Norman Osborn was pretty much the only villain to really exploit it. I'm not sure what would change with people knowing Peter's identity. Would most people even have a reason to care?
    Actually, as far as I was able to tell from the Vulture's mid-credits scene in Homecoming, he kept Spider-Man's real name to himself even when confronted by someone who suspected he knew, as revealing it would be a death sentence to an opponent he came to genuinely respect. Besides, what kept Peter Parker below suspicion was that almost no one would believe that the Spider-Man menacing criminals was "only" an awkward adolescent boy and Vulture revealing that would likely just set him up for ridicule by the other inmates, so he could have kept it to himself for that reason as well.

do we want scorpion or kraven next movie

we also never really got rhino
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    do we want scorpion or kraven next movie

we also never really got rhino
    I'm not interested in seeing any goblins next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

Ganke is called Ned in the movies, remember.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually, as far as I was able to tell from the Vulture's mid-credits scene in Homecoming, he kept Spider-Man's real name to himself even when confronted by someone who suspected he knew, as revealing it would be a death sentence to an opponent he came to genuinely respect. Besides, what kept Peter Parker below suspicion was that almost no one would believe that the Spider-Man menacing criminals was "only" an awkward adolescent boy and Vulture revealing that would likely just set him up for ridicule by the other inmates, so he could have kept it to himself for that reason as well.
    Possibly. But its implausible, because Vulture is quite a scumbag throughout Homecoming. If he kept it a secret, unlikely, then it would have to really benefit him above everyone else. As soon as it benefits him to tell the secret, though ...
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I don't think Vulture told, because that post credit scene from Homecoming clearly states that he could've easily told Scorpion, but didn't because of his respect for Peter for saving his life, just like how he didn't kill him earlier in the film for saving his daughter. It's one of the things about his character that made him so compelling.

Now that the secret is out, I'm curious if they're gonna bring him back in some way, and what would his role be? I wonder how annoyed Liz would be finding out about all of this.

I could see them bringing Scorpion back in, but I don't seem him as being anymore than a nuisance narrative wise rather than a major threat, when bringing someone like Kraven in would have more to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I don't think Vulture told, because that post credit scene from Homecoming clearly states that he could've easily told Scorpion, but didn't because of his respect for Peter for saving his life, just like how he didn't kill him earlier in the film for saving his daughter. It's one of the things about his character that made him so compelling.

Now that the secret is out, I'm curious if they're gonna bring him back in some way, and what would his role be? I wonder how annoyed Liz would be finding out about all of this.

I could see them bringing Scorpion back in, but I don't seem him as being anymore than a nuisance narrative wise rather than a major threat, when bringing someone like Kraven in would have more to work with.
    As an aside, I'm guessing the actor who played Scorpion in Homecoming is very invested in these questions, as well as Jonah's connection to Gargan in the comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    As an aside, I'm guessing the actor who played Scorpion in Homecoming is very invested in these questions, as well as Jonah's connection to Gargan in the comics.
    Maybe with Spider-Man framed as a murderer and terrorist, it causes the American courts to throw out a lot of the cases against criminals who were apprehended by Spider-Man, Gargan among them, (perhaps) prompted by Jameson claiming that Spider-Man set them up to take the blame for his crimes. Figuring he might as well increase the chances of Spider-Man being "brought to justice" if the police can't do anything and the Avengers (or what's left of them) likely won't step in because they (should) know Spider-Man better than that, Jameson recruits Gargan as a test subject for a geneticist who deals in black-market biomodifications, basing said modifications on a scorpion's DNA, to enhance him to the point he should be able to easily overpower Spider-Man. Naturally, this is where it starts to go off the rails, and ultimately Spider-Man has to save the day from a new supervillain created (in part) by J. Jonah Jameson --- even if that's not quite enough to fix his reputation with the public.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    How believable would Mysterio's video be?
    1. People at the Tower Bridge saw the drones attacking Spider-Man and Spider-Man protecting civilians
    2. The public at large saw the hologram fail
    3. Mysterio is in his suit when killed and is wearing something else when the body is found
    4. A major plot hole - no one on the planet actually recognized Quentin Beck?

Anyway, EDITH, as a Stark-creation, should have been recording everything for later analysis/study. Also, in the MCEU word of sorcery, shapeshifters and advanced tech, the whole "reveal" probably gets explained away in the
    next film.
    The biggest dispute of credibility will be Jameson himself. The Daily Bugle is the MCU info wars. How much stock will the general public of the MCU put into the word of a known sensational list reporter that a 16 year old kid committed a terrorist attack is up in the air.

iMan 42s

Spider-man is in a weird legal situation that's for sure.

So Spider-man was brought on but is not an employee of SHIELD, but SHIELD ultimately forced Peter's hand into working with them by a man whom is not Nick Fury but an acting director. Spider-man is also an Avenger but it's not clear if he was ever officially apart of the Avengers organization in the time he was working with Stark, or if for whatever reason his status would be updated upon Tony's return to Earth (considering Peter was dead for five years). He also inserted himself into the engagement with Beck, but while he protected the acting director he's not supposed to be there in SHIELD's capacity anyways.

So Spider-man killing Beck is all kinds of weird but it gets weirder. Spider-man and standing ground laws in the UK might be tricky legally speaking considering Spider-man inserted himself into the final battle (made even more complicated considering Beck's trickery but that should be enough to allow Spider-man there) but Beck did use the drones on Spider-man and the drones are visible as well as Beck having the controls with him when he died. Meaning that Beck could be held accountable for his actions and that Spider-man did use appropriate force to subdue him. There are several witnesses to Beck's technology and are victims of attempted murder, terrorism, and conspiracy plots. It would look bad in the beginning, but no federal court is going to look at Spider-man and say that the specific circumstances would rule Spider-man a murderer. Spider-man is guilty of other crimes, but murder isn't one of them.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.