Default Classic Rogue vs. DCEU Superman

616 Rogue in her prime takes on movie Clark.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

How strong is DCEU Superman?

I mean, he's faster than Rogue, no doubt. He's going blitz all heck out of her, as I understand. But Rogue's durability is rather a lot more than her strength (and she's strong enough to lift trains, create shockwaves that flip over every car in a city block just by punching someone, that kind of thing). She takes a hit from Binary that literally sends her so high in the atmosphere that she's in space. She takes a shot from Juggernaut that sends her through a couple of castle walls, flying for miles, and ends up crashing in a crater, and gets up to head back for more. She can't just tank hits from Class 100's, but she's capable of eating one or two and staying in the game.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    How strong is DCEU Superman?

I mean, he's faster than Rogue, no doubt. He's going blitz all heck out of her, as I understand. But Rogue's durability is rather a lot more than her strength (and she's strong enough to lift trains, create shockwaves that flip over every car in a city block just by punching someone, that kind of thing). She takes a hit from Binary that literally sends her so high in the atmosphere that she's in space. She takes a shot from Juggernaut that sends her through a couple of castle walls, flying for miles, and ends up crashing in a crater, and gets up to head back for more. She can't just tank hits from Class 100's, but she's capable of eating one or two and staying in the game.
    Isn't Rogue a high end bullet timer? Granted, Clark is still faster then just bullet timing, but she isnt a turtle. Or so I thought.

Clark is capable of towing a 24,000 ton ice breaking ship across the ice sideways with no apparent strain. He lifted an apartment building casually. Possibly his best feat of strength was him holding back Aquaman with no strain (Arthur himself shoves submarines around like bath tub toys) while simultaneously ignoring Diana and Cyborg also struggling against him.

So... not Class 100. But not nothing either.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

He's getting close to that with the towing of the ship. Like, let's say he's at least Ben Grimm's strength; Rogue isn't just eating punches in the face from Mrs. Grimm's Blue-Eyed Boy without any effort; she'll faceplant after a bit of that.

And as for her being a high-end bullet-timer, her superspeed is ridiculously inconsistent. I've seen it mentioned a few times, but that's all. I don't recall her actually doing much superspeedy. Anyone have any feats?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

He's getting close to that with the towing of the ship. Like, let's say he's at least Ben Grimm's strength; Rogue isn't just eating punches in the face from Mrs. Grimm's Blue-Eyed Boy without any effort; she'll faceplant after a bit of that.

And as for her being a high-end bullet-timer, her superspeed is ridiculously inconsistent. I've seen it mentioned a few times, but that's all. I don't recall her actually doing much superspeedy. Anyone have any feats?
    Last time I asked for feats, a scan was provided of her snatching high velocity chain gun rounds out of the air with a smile. Other people mentioned she chased super sonic missiles around. No context on that last one - haven't seen it.
    - big_adventure

Interesting. I don't recall much superspeed stuff from her run in X-Men under Claremont and a little later, but who knows?

Chasing supersonic missiles is mostly travelling, unless she's doing it through a cramped, difficult to maneuver area. Or dodging them first.
    Why are we here?

I may have missed an important point in my assessment: Rogue's ability to drain the powers of people she fights. Clark starts punching her in the face, it's going to throw him for a loop for a second and she's going to get that much stronger. He's going to need to know about her ability to drain powers and just go for body-shots until she's down, basically; otherwise, hitting her in the face is a losing game for him as I'm not convinced that he's going to one-shot her, and every hit will weaken him and make her stronger, tougher...and faster.

I guess common knowledge and so forth should keep him from making this mistake, but it's worth nothing that if he DIDN'T know about it, it could spell serious trouble.
    Why are we here?

I may have missed an important point in my assessment: Rogue's ability to drain the powers of people she fights. Clark starts punching her in the face, it's going to throw him for a loop for a second and she's going to get that much stronger. He's going to need to know about her ability to drain powers and just go for body-shots until she's down, basically; otherwise, hitting her in the face is a losing game for him as I'm not convinced that he's going to one-shot her, and every hit will weaken him and make her stronger, tougher...and faster.

I guess common knowledge and so forth should keep him from making this mistake, but it's worth nothing that if he DIDN'T know about it, it could spell serious trouble.
    Good point. It would make for an interesting in-character confrontation if this fight happened in a comic.

Should be common knowledge methinks in the Arena. He could wrap his fists up in bits of his cape :P
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Good point. It would make for an interesting in-character confrontation if this fight happened in a comic.
    In a story, without him knowing to start with, it wouldn't go so hot for Clark. He'd likely stand there and let her hit him once (seems to be his thing) which might be bad...or he'd punch her in the face, which would hurt Rogue but I suspect end the blitz thanks to Clark suddenly getting dazed, and things would likely go downhill from there.

Should be common knowledge methinks in the Arena. He could wrap his fists up in bits of his cape :P
    Or punch her in the ribs a few hundred times, light her up with heat vision, etc; either way, she's not going to last
    Why are we here?