Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Technically Claremont wrote the original body swap story but Jim Lee was the artist and was having ever increasing influence on the book and story to the point that Marvel booted Claremont off the X-men not long after and handed them over to Lee. Claremont had intended the swap to be temporary but Lee pushed to keep it. Then when Lee quit to go to Image subsequent writers stuck with what Lee did.
    It. Wasn't. A. Body. Swap. Story.

First time Logan sees Lady Mandarin, he goes "that face - Betsy" because he recognizes her in spite of the plastic surgery.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I've never read One More Day so I can't comment on that but Emerald Twilight is, and always will be, an utterly vile piece of work.

Speaking of Spider-Man though, I do have a Marvel reading acquaintance who insists that, for a character of such enormous standing, Spider-Man has been the victim of more badly thought through and damaging story-lines than any other major comic book hero.

For me:

War Crimes - Leslie Thompkins. Seriously!

Jeff Loeb's Superman run - turned Lois Lane into a bully - which was reinforced in Smallville.

I actually like Emerald Twilight but thats probably because it happened before I started reading DC stuff. I got into Green Lantern and DC in general because of Grant Morrison on JLA which led me to go back and read older GL stuff including Emerald Twilight. I only knew Kyle as GL so it didn't bother me to see Hal go off the deep end.