Default Netflix Trish Walker vs Netflix Daredevil

I thought this might be an interesting fight.

I think Trish is much more agile than Matt, but Matt is more experienced.

Who takes this?

EDIT: Superpowered Trish, obviously.

Round 1, Matt in his black suit.

Round 2, Matt in his red suit.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 07-03-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I don't think she's specifically more agile then he is, she can just land on her feet from high falls and such. He's quicker and a MUCH better fighter. He'd wipe the floor with her.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Agreed. He's also stronger and tougher. Matt wrecks her something fierce, regardless of which suit. He just looks better in the black suit.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Trish only has superhuman reflexes and maybe gained a certain amount of agility as far as I can tell, plus extensive self-defense training. Matt has superhuman senses which give him more of an advantage than Trish's reflexes, and he also has extensive ninja training, which goes beyond her self-defense coaching. Literally the only thing Trish has going for her in this machtup is that she often uses a gun while Matt is strictly hand-to-hand with the occasional throwing weapon. In a straight-up brawl he wins 10/10.

I haven't watched it yet and may not for a long time. Just not in the mood. One question: Could this new and improved Trish beat Jessica?
    Power with Girl is better.

Hell no. Jessica literally takes her out with one backhand slap. That's not my opinion, it actually happens in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I haven't watched it yet and may not for a long time. Just not in the mood. One question: Could this new and improved Trish beat Jessica?
    spoilers:

Patsy basically gets wrecked in every confrontation she has with Jessica.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

As stated repeatedly, Trish has no chance at all versus Jessica. Jess comes up with very creative (and funny) ways to deal with Trish without overly hurting her in a couple of situations.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    As stated repeatedly, Trish has no chance at all versus Jessica. Jess comes up with very creative (and funny) ways to deal with Trish without overly hurting her in a couple of situations.
    Season 3 Matt isn't as durable or as fast as he used to be. This was explictly stated and more or less shown. My point here is that if Jessica got hands on Matt way she slammed Trish at the end, I doubt he'd be up quick. Not Season 3 Matt. Hard to say if it was meant Trish hit her head in the slam, but if yes, I see Matt being out too. Trish isn't that easy.
    Trish took
    A) being thrown up into a celling so hard it shattered some. She was up not slowed a beat.
    B) Sent flying threw a door and another dozen feet. Again. Gets right up.
    C) Stays conscious after being slapped by Jesica and going about 10 feet. She was hurt, yeah. But it was more she was demoralized by the fact she wasn't invincible, like she claimed.

Trish is also faster than appears, as shown in the scene where she bum rushes Hobart.

And she can dispatch prison guards and cops effortlessly in groups thx to skill and especially agility. She'll be tricky for Matt.

Matt still wins due to skill, but it is not a stomp.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 07-05-2019 at 11:22 AM.

One thing I liked about Season 3 Trish -- Reality Ensues.

Sure, her physical abilities grow to slightly superhuman levels. But even when not fighting Jessica, regular nameless humans can still give Trish trouble simply because they're better or more experienced fighters. As others have pointed out, too, Jessica has little to no trouble either. And that's all thanks to the fact that she's still very much a novice even with a training montage.

Give her a couple years of training with her powers and she can probably close that gap with Matt and Jessica. But that's not happening here.

(on a side note, anyone notice that Trish's accent gets really weird towards the second half of the season? Yeah, the actress is Australian but it's like accent fatigue there.)
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-08-2019 at 02:25 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    One thing I liked about Season 3 Trish -- Reality Ensues.

Sure, her physical abilities grow to slightly superhuman levels. But even when not fighting Jessica, regular nameless humans can still give Trish trouble simply because they're better or more experienced fighters. As others have pointed out, too, Jessica has little to no trouble either. And that's all thanks to the fact that she's still very much a novice even with a training montage.

Give her a couple years of training with her powers and she can probably close that gap with Matt and Jessica. But that's not happening here.
    Agreed. She just doesn't have what it takes, here.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I love the fact she went rogue. But she doesn't compare to DD
    Original join date: sometime in 2002