Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mysterio (MCU) vs Loki (MCU) ***Spoilers for Spider-man far from home!***

Yea that's right.

Fight 1: Mysterio gets the same prep time and resources in that AMAZING fight scene in the abandoned building.

Fight 2: Same but Mysterio also gets E.D.I.T.H. and acces to all the drones.

Fight 2: Who made the better illusions?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Mysterio's illusions are much larger scale and integrate the physical aspect of the drones doing damage just perfectly.

That said, I don't know if anything the drones can do are really enough to down Loki. Loki might not be as strong as Peter, but he's a lot more durable and a brilliant fighter. Mysterio also lacks any way to really pierce Loki's illusions (Loki lacks the same in reverse of course).

I could see Loki and Mysterio both going illusion/invisible, then wandering around blindly lashing out to hit the other. But one of them will one-shot the other, and that one is Loki. Loki can also one-shot the drones, quite easily, so he wins any war of attrition.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

At the end of the day Mysterio has the durability of a regular human so yea if Loki finds him its over.

However, while i agree both cant really find eachother in their opponents illusions..i would give Mysterio a slight edge in this aspect, as you stated, Myterio is fully capable of creating illusions on a far grander scale, a much bigger aoe as it were ,making the entire area pitch black or making buildings/walls and what not invisible, which can be used offensively to great effect.

(some of ) the drones were equipped with rockets and laser, while it may not kill Loki, 50 of them would be enough to put him on the defensive if the drones/mysterio manage to find him. and lead him to a incoming train or something or have the side of a building fall on him.

In the arena Mysterio should not to be able to beat loki i think, thats why i used the building scenario to give him a fighting chance.

I'm spacing HARD on Loki durability feats atm. Bullets and Cap's punch right? Thor pretty much one shots him when he actually lands a direct hit. Rockets should hurt the guy.

Edit: Puny God. Duh. Stoopid Arby.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm spacing HARD on Loki durability feats atm. Bullets and Cap's punch right? Thor pretty much one shots him when he actually lands a direct hit. Rockets should hurt the guy.

Edit: Puny God. Duh. Stoopid Arby.

ignores bullets and cap
    hawkeyes arrows blows him away but he gets right back up despite being blown off a spaceship thing
    hulk pounds the crap out of him and he's conscious afterwards
    Get stabbed through the gut by Kurse and hurts him so little he is able ti make an illusion to trick hulk and then still have the strength left to magic whammy Odin and take his place right after
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

It'd just be a game of hide and seek.

Mysterio will be tricky prey but once Loki finds him its over. Loki is too durable and he's does pretty good on his own in battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    It'd just be a game of hide and seek.
    Mysterio can turn the entire area pitch black or turn it in whatever he wants to. Loki can't do that. I believe he can duplciate himself, put illusions on himself or other people (Mysterio can do this to) And Loki can turn himself invisible (if i remember correctly) Mysterio can do this aswell.

Then again...in ragnarok invisibility would have helped him out alot... or does he just create decoys and hides? or just plain PIS? someone help me out on this..

If he cant turn invisible then Mysterio has a bigger advantage then i thought.

In the first Thor Loki pretty much ghosted around the SHIELD facility while Mjolnir was being monitored by every kind of sensor under the sun and nobody saw him. It’s pretty thorough as stealth goes.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDBGR6rzn3Q
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

hmm yup, ok so it was PIS then.

Mighty Member

gotta agree with the others. Mysterio makes Loki work really hard for a victory in scenario 1 - but ultimately, Loki only needs one clean hit to win. he can tank most of the weapons that Mysterio has... and even the ones he can't just shrug off aren't quite enough to put him out of action. it won't be quite as savage as what we saw Spiderman go up against... because Mysterio doesn't really have the dirt and backstory on Loki in the same way that he had on Peter.

on the other hand, the second scenario might go the other way: Mysterio had access top what looked like hundreds and hundreds of drones so... he might pull 6/10 through sheer numbers and having a HUGE advantage in the scale of his illusions and the variety and volume of his ranged attacks. Loki does appear capable of getting tired and worn out.

Mysterio's illusions and deception techniques are superior IMO because they fooled a LOT more people. granted, Talos and Peter should have been able to see through him sooner but... the feats kinda speak for themselves. he even managed to sell people into thinking that Spiderman was responsible for the carnage in London. honestly, it feels like comparing David Copperfield versus a composite of Harry Houdini and Joseph Goebbels. sure, Loki is really good at fooling people... but Mysterio just operates at a completely different level. one guy is arguably the better magician... but the other guy is the better escape artist and "mind-controller".

Fight 1. I can see Loki being taken into the illusion although Mysterio doesn't have a way to KO Loki so Loki can realistically just sit it out and observe. Eventually I can see Loki seeing past the tech illusions, especially since all Peter had to do to see past the giant monster was work his way inside of it.

I see Fight 2 going to Mysterio just because of the sheer number of drones that he was controlling. Sure, Loki can take a Hulk beating but he can't withstand sustained fire from hundreds of drones. And Loki has no way of taking out the drones either seeing as he has no range attack.

Fight 3. Mysterio had grander illusions, granted he needed a team to ensure the illusions not only looked real but felt real as well.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Fight 1. I can see Loki being taken into the illusion although Mysterio doesn't have a way to KO Loki so Loki can realistically just sit it out and observe. Eventually I can see Loki seeing past the tech illusions, especially since all Peter had to do to see past the giant monster was work his way inside of it.l.
    The drones can do an "outer" illusion if they want to, which is what your referring to with that huge monster at the end, but they can also cocoon you in an illusion, like in the first fight with spider-man. and with those number of drones he had he could probably put a good chunk of a city in an illusion.

I agree that Mysterio cant really do much in the first scenario, Mysterio also only had like 5-6 drones, Loki could wreck them eventually and then the illusion is gone. Mysterio might have a better chance if he had alot of backstory of Loki and and could tailor the illusions to his fears and stuff, like he did with Spider-man.

It occurs to me that one way Mysterio could win in either fight is by making Loki think he's killed him and won. Loki thinks he's victorious and leaves the arena of his own free will, thereby forfeiting the match.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    It occurs to me that one way Mysterio could win in either fight is by making Loki think he's killed him and won. Loki thinks he's victorious and leaves the arena of his own free will, thereby forfeiting the match.
    Something which would work just fine thanks in both directions :-) - convincing people he's dead is almost a meme for Loki by now.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    And Loki has no way of taking out the drones either seeing as he has no range attack.
    Simply false: Loki had ranged attacks that one-shot Jotuns in the first Thor.