Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Simply false: Loki had ranged attacks that one-shot Jotuns in the first Thor.
    Technically you are right? But it's not like they were energy blasts. He has was just throwing his knives.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Technically you are right? But it's not like they were energy blasts. He has was just throwing his knives.
    True, and given his other fights, he's got more than a few of them, plus he is absolutely strong enough to just rip pieces of buildings off and to start launching them as missiles if he needs to. In addition, he's a solid to high tier Asgardian, so he ought to be able to jump EXTREMELY impressively.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

True, and given his other fights, he's got more than a few of them, plus he is absolutely strong enough to just rip pieces of buildings off and to start launching them as missiles if he needs to. In addition, he's a solid to high tier Asgardian, so he ought to be able to jump EXTREMELY impressively.
    He probably has a VERY mean fastball.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Incredible Member

Looking forward to Loki vs train.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    Looking forward to Loki vs train.
    Honestly, given what he's tanked and survived in the past, train should hurt but definitely not kill. Asgardians in general are stupid tough.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

True, and given his other fights, he's got more than a few of the
    I think he's going to need more than a few knives, given the number of drones.

plus he is absolutely strong enough to just rip pieces of buildings off and to start launching them as missiles if he needs to. In addition, he's a solid to high tier Asgardian, so he ought to be able to jump EXTREMELY impressively.
    Ripping pieces of buildings off isn't really a ranged attack. I'm not saying Loki couldn't do it but it's an act that's more in line with Hulk than Loki. And Loki was able to jump impressively, by human standards. Although given how much Peter, someone with superior agility, had to work to just avoid the drones, I don't seeing Loki's 'jumping' ability giving him any sort of advantage offensively or defensively. Looking at when Thor fought Loki on the rainbow bridge and if we transpose Sif's jumping ability to Loki (when Sif jumped the Destroyer) those jumps just weren't that high anyway.
    Last edited by k von doom; 07-08-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Named Asgardians should be on the level of Valkyrie. She was leaping from ship to ship on Sakaar when they were trying to escape.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Named Asgardians should be on the level of Valkyrie. She was leaping from ship to ship on Sakaar when they were trying to escape.
    And she casually grabbed a dude, while drunk, and one-hand backhand tossed him a couple of hundred meters. It wasn't as strong as Thor, but then, she's not as strong as Thor. And she trivially dodged Hulk and dropped him like a bad habit with a kick to the knee. The strength is real.

Also, Loki showed himself to be right around Valkyrie's level in their brawl, only losing his fight with her when he mind-whammied her then paused to gloat, giving her an uncontested KO punch. Had he just stabbed her while she was spacing, that fight was over.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I think he's going to need more than a few knives, given the number of drones.

Ripping pieces of buildings off isn't really a ranged attack. I'm not saying Loki couldn't do it but it's an act that's more in line with Hulk than Loki. And Loki was able to jump impressively, by human standards. Although given how much Peter, someone with superior agility, had to work to just avoid the drones, I don't seeing Loki's 'jumping' ability giving him any sort of advantage offensively or defensively. Looking at when Thor fought Loki on the rainbow bridge and if we transpose Sif's jumping ability to Loki (when Sif jumped the Destroyer) those jumps just weren't that high anyway.
    Ripping a chunk of stone off of a building and throwing it IS a ranged attack. Also, remember that Beck can't see Loki here at all either: Loki's invisibility is EASILY good enough to avoid him.

And she casually grabbed a dude, while drunk, and one-hand backhand tossed him a couple of hundred meters. It wasn't as strong as Thor, but then, she's not as strong as Thor. And she trivially dodged Hulk and dropped him like a bad habit with a kick to the knee. The strength is real.
    For some reason, I have a difficult time seeing any of the Warriors Three doing this.

Ripping a chunk of stone off of a building and throwing it IS a ranged attack. Also, remember that Beck can't see Loki here at all either: Loki's invisibility is EASILY good enough to avoid him.
    /shrug

Both can fool each other with illusions and invisibility. The limitation with Loki's illusions is they have no offensive capabilities AFAIK whereas the drones the cast the illusions do. So Beck can mindlessly shoot at Loki's illusions to clear the field/determine the real Loki; or both sit around undetectable to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    For some reason, I have a difficult time seeing any of the Warriors Three doing this.
    Sif kicked a bus (or was it an RV?) like 30 feet in AoS.

Take the Hulk thing with a grain of salt. They were CLEARLY playing and Hulk was totally unharmed.
    - big_adventure