View Poll Results: Rosenberg's finale?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reveal all/most of the run was a psychic illusion.

7 6.93%
  • Reveal all/most of the run was a dream.

0 0%
  • Reveal all/most of the run was a virtual reality/Danger Room sequence.

2 1.98%
  • Reveal all/most of the run was a non-canon What If? story.

4 3.96%
  • Time travel undoes what happened.

2 1.98%
  • Reality warping undoes what happened.

30 29.70%
  • Someone will use magic/science/mutant powers to heal/resurrect everyone.

15 14.85%
  • Some other kind of retcon (please elaborate).

4 3.96%
  • Nothing is undone. Everything sticks.

37 36.63%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Continuing our streak of bad writing, X-Man and Hope confront each other with poorly written "deep" dialogue where Hope proceeds to copy his powers and fix everything. Either one or both of them dies because Rosenberg thinks he's being deep when in reality it's more childish than ever.
    I... actually think that Hope fixing everything when X-Man comes back by copying his powers would be smart symbolism for what AoXM has shown us regarding her, but I'd hate it if she died to do so.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Because of the first page narrative boxes for each issue, how bleak the mutant situation has been, and how inept both the heroes and villains have been behaving, part of me thinks this has all been a dramatic psychic illusion by Emma to convince Scott to join forces with her, and most/all of what we've seen past Emma going to Scott at the cafe hasn't happened or happened differently (including the War of the Realms tie-in). However, I'm not sure how that would line up with Scott's guest appearance in the Champions book with his eye injury. (Wolverine and Dani also appeared in other War of the Realms books, but they haven't been physically affected by what happens in Uncanny X-Men.)

Astonishing Member

Elixir resurrects everybody but it ends up being bad for him
    perhaps his powers burn out or kill him or make it so he can only hurt people for a long time as it happened in bunncanny

I know it's overpowered as hell but Elixir was about to resurrect all of Genosha and only passed out. If he really dies over bringing back 20-something mutants......well I guess I can't really do anything since it's the last issue so uh guess I'll just be mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think my top three theories in no particular order:
    • Nothing happens and Hickman’s run resets everything by the end of HOXPOX
    • Elixir resurrects everyone and, in turn, wipes out Callahan and the O.N.E.
    • X-Man reverses the damage done to the mutants before he dies
    This seems likely. The omega will have Jean and Scott confront Nate, this time as mom and dad, and they’ll tell him he messed up, they love Cable not him, he was an abomination, and his beard is stupid. Nate will cry, reverse everything and then commit sudoku.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Everyone dies. Dead!Scott and Dead!Dani sit around waiting for things to get fixed in that book nobody's going to buy.

Astonishing Member

With Fire and Blood.

Some characters would benefit greatly from limbo like Emma or Bishop. It may not actually do anything for the characters themselves but it prevents them for dragging down others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Everyone dies. Dead!Scott and Dead!Dani sit around waiting for things to get fixed in that book nobody's going to buy.
    Havok will live.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    It probably does have something to do with Dani. She’s still in AoXm and her book just ended without explaining her being there lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Some characters would benefit greatly from limbo like Emma or Bishop. It may not actually do anything for the characters themselves but it prevents them for dragging down others.
    The only thing "dragging down others" is the poor writing.

Whatever happens, I hope the mind-wipe stays so we don’t have to see Kid Gladiator, Broo, Ink, or Deathlok in an X-comic ever again but I know that’ll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This seems likely. The omega will have Jean and Scott confront Nate, this time as mom and dad, and they’ll tell him he messed up, they love Cable not him, he was an abomination, and his beard is stupid. Nate will cry, reverse everything and then commit sudoku.
    But not before Hope kicks him in his godhood and Havok tells him to “say hi to Madelyne” for him.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    With Fire and Blood.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I would be surprised if it sticks that would be kind of amazing
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-03-2019 at 09:54 PM.