Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I mean what if Hippolyta was able to tap into the girdle’s power ? If she ever had someone take it. She can still fight. That she and other Amazons made the Amazons training. To make sure even without the girdle both her and the Amazons would still be tough to deal with. Due to a few issues along the way maybe Hippolyta should be the strongest Amazon. Without Diana. Or should mother and daughter be equal. I mean let’s put it this way. With the girdle should Hippolyta be able to fight Superman

No, I do not think Hippolyte should be able to tap into the Golden Girdle power without wearing it.

With the Golden Girdle on, yes, Hippolyte should be able to take on Superman, since it did allow her to beat Hercules. Diana should be even stronger, since she has the gods and goddesses blessings of power and strength (as does Nubia) and was stated to be stronger than Hercules.

I often wondered what's stopping the Gods from taken away their blessings? In the myths and even in some Wonder Woman comics the Gods have taken way their blesses. The same with having the Amazons on Paradise Island. This is why I often wonder why not have the Amazons kind of make sure that some o f the Gods can never do that. For example the Amazons made their own protection. Going back to Wonder Woman 2009 movie a mirror was used to hid them.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-07-2019 at 11:20 AM.

I thought that any of the Amazon shielding devices was to hide them from man. I did not think they could hide the Amazons from the gods.

I mean in some comics the Gods are the ones who are hiding them. I'm saying what if the Gods don't want to do that and without consent from the Amazons. That one of the Gods want to kill the Amazons.

Sorry, I understand now!

Maybe only Ares wants to kill Amazons as a whole, while a few others like Hera may want to target one or two. The majority of the other gods may want to protect the Amazons, sort of like being their chosen people.

My favorite posts of Ami’s are when they post a silly question that ends up just being a creative headfanon dogpile, where everything’s a yes-and improv story development relay.

So yes, if it were up to me, Themyscira would be hidden from certain gods and MEANT to hide them from male gods. And when male gods and make humans DO end up arriving there, something horrible should happen to them.

I feel since Hades and Hephaestus are generally seen as Good those can be the good male Gods that can be on the Island. For the most part all female gods. I feel that maybe the Amazons meant the male curse was just for Ares. That they never thought a male could reach the Island. That curse was so powerful that it could affected other male gods. The Amazons did this curse themselves without the help of the Gods in secret. Because if someone like Ares or Zeus need it would be terrible. It's only for humans or human like beings like the Gods. They find out due to Steve Trevor. Or the Amazons having children sent to them. Guys reaching a certain ages and sadly sent them away. In terms of the Gods I do think that this is one of the reasons the Amazons should built they own weapons. Not just any swords but Swords that can kill a god
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    My favorite posts of Ami’s are when they post a silly question that ends up just being a creative headfanon dogpile, where everything’s a yes-and improv story development relay.

So yes, if it were up to me, Themyscira would be hidden from certain gods and MEANT to hide them from male gods. And when male gods and make humans DO end up arriving there, something horrible should happen to them.

IS that a bad thing?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-07-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    IS that a bad thing?
    Absolutely not. WW has had so much continuity change, editorial mandates, and tones that everything could and should be collaboratively discussed. I know for sure my preferred WW origin is entirely in my own head —and still changes from conversations you start up.

Keep on doing what you do.

If we had to make Jason Hippoltya's son. It would be easy to say she adopted him but he was one of the first to go away due to the curse but unlike rebirth Jason. Hippoltya and Diana visit him. Or better yet Empress Hippoltya did have a child. She didn't raise it only has a trained warrior. To spread the Amazon way to the world

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Just curious, why is Manhunter exempt? Also, I personally think Batman should’ve been a very conflicted trial/debate, but they end up not giving him a pass. I think it says more about their caution and Batman’s self image.
    Given the nature/origin of the "curse" as I propose it, its terms aren't exactly modern in sensibility. Clark looks human and can reproduce with a human, so he is subject to the curse. J'onn doesn't look human, he hasn't been depicted as being capable of reproducing with a human, and he is just as good at heart as Clark. I think he'd get a pass. If not, his approval would be just as overwhelming as Clark's.

Re: Bruce, I thought about having him barely lose the vote, but he's Batman. It'd never last. I'd be fine with a temporary loss, as long as it is played for the comedy gold that would be at the core of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What if the fact many men haven't be able to pass the first test? That it's been a while since any man has tried to reach the Island? That there are three stages to pass before you even get to the Island? I think this test should also apply to women. I mean they have default with Circe and a few other women in the pass. How should the Amazons treat evil women too? I think the curse should apply to them to. Why shouldn't the spell work on male gods? I mean Zeus is someone the Amazons wouldn't want.

What age would work? I also think the elderly should also be exempted unless it's proved other wins.
    Perhaps a year from the time they are born/end up on the island until the Amazons can find a safe place for the boy(s) elsewhere. After all, children should not be subject to something so awful simply for being born or existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Perhaps a year from the time they are born/end up on the island until the Amazons can find a safe place for the boy(s) elsewhere. After all, children should not be subject to something so awful simply for being born or existing.
    I feel maybe there is a actually Island near the Amazons? That it's not outside the pocket dimension but not near the Island to be affected by the curse. Maybe transformation Island could be where the boys go. That the gods and amazons only thought about the main island not the small or medium Islands around them

Maybe... there is a secret hidden island near Paradise, but it's existence is not known by the Amazin at large! Maybe just Hippolyte and some elite Guardswomen. This is where the baby boys have been secluded and raised. Who is raising them? I think some unbeknown-to-us-the-readers Amazons. Some might even be Male Amazons!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 07-07-2019 at 04:53 PM.

I mean the Amazons who adopted both their reborn children. Why can't they find out? Is it more because of the curse or because of the Gods knowing about the other Islands exist?