Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I have to wonder what Marvel would do in that situation? DC being gone would be bad news for them as well. Would Disney want to buy DC Comics?
    I doubt AT&T would sell it, just so they wouldn't lose one of their main counters to Disney's Marvel IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Haha, that's a good way to look at it.
    Indeed it is.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    This is madness. MADNESS!
    Madness that even Muse would not be too fond of.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I have to wonder what Marvel would do in that situation? DC being gone would be bad news for them as well. Would Disney want to buy DC Comics?
    Why would that be bad news to them? That is more market for them. I would say it’s bad news for stores this would force them to look at other companies and might get them to be more selective in how much they order.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Why would that be bad news to them? That is more market for them. I would say it’s bad news for stores this would force them to look at other companies and might get them to be more selective in how much they order.
    If DC went out of business, it wouldn't surprise me if many, perhaps even most, comic book stores would go out of business in a domino effect. Then Marvel would have no brick and mortar venues. I mean, that might not be a bad thing, but I'm sure it would to many people.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

It's too bad. So many great artists over the years and such a hugely influential book. I saw the Jim Jarmusch movie the "Dead Don't Die" and it plays exactly like a Mort Drucker movie parody from back in the seventies. Choose any of those great movie parodies like the "Odd-Father" or "True-Fat" (The Godfather/True-Grit) and act them out word for word, that's what that movie felt like. I always pick up old issues whenever I find them in a thrift shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    If DC went out of business, it wouldn't surprise me if many, perhaps even most, comic book stores would go out of business in a domino effect. Then Marvel would have no brick and mortar venues. I mean, that might not be a bad thing, but I'm sure it would to many people.
    Exactly, Marvel wouldn't gain sales, they'd lose sales due to store closures. Either Marvel or DC going away would kill the direct market.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How many units was this magazine selling at the time of its demise, anybody know?

This comment has been screencapped and archived on my hard drive.

Bleeding Cool: Rumours About DC Comics’ Closure Of MAD Magazine, After San Diego Comic-Con Presentation

Reading it, Rich Johnston basically says that he is trying to look into the period between Bill Morrison being fired from DC and MAD being closed down, and I guess he thinks that there is a connection between the two events.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Sad, I like MAD Magazine since I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    The article says that, after its new material inventory is exhausted, Mad will continue to publish a few issues of reprints in order to fulfill subscription obligations then shut down completely.
    I think after Comic Con, that may not necessarily be the case anymore. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...-presentation/