Default They switch places - Granny Goodness and Dolores Umbridge

Dolores becomes Darkseid's new Granny, keeper and disciplinarian of the Furies, whilst Granny becomes the new headmistress of Hogwarts.

How does each one fare in their new roles, and who would succeed/fare better?

Unless Dolores has some autoshields I don't know about, the Furies will eat her alive (possibly literally in Mad Harriet's case)
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Dolores becomes Darkseid's new Granny, keeper and disciplinarian of the Furies, whilst Granny becomes the new headmistress of Hogwarts.

How does each one fare in their new roles, and who would succeed/fare better?
    Unlike Dolores, there are versions of Granny can actually make herself likable (Granny on the Young Justice show comes to mind here). These versions do just fine as the new headmistress of Hogwarts, though the Wesley twins won't have any clue the misery and suffering they are going to suffer the first time they misbehave under her rule.

Dolores on Apocalyse. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm popping popcorn for this. The Furies aren't schoolchildren that can be intimidated by government authority. This will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Dolores on Apocalyse. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm popping popcorn for this. The Furies aren't schoolchildren that can be intimidated by government authority. This will be fun.
    Couldn't she transmogrify one into a snail and step on her to set an example? Or "avadra-kadavra" a few of them dead to assert her authority?

Keep in mind she's in Darkseid's officially appointed role.

She'll get the authority and privileges that the role entails, plus the typical gear/uniform/equipment that the role would need.

Extraordinary Member

Darkseid will eventually have to intervene because Umbridge is too evil even for him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Keep in mind she's in Darkseid's officially appointed role.

She'll get the authority and privileges that the role entails, plus the typical gear/uniform/equipment that the role would need.
    Oh, I am aware that she will be an official of Darkseid. It's just that she is incapable of holding onto said authority. Sure, she can use her magic to hurt and perhaps even kill one of the Furies, but the others will soon learn that she is a glass cannon. She can bring the hurt, but she cannot take it, as proven when she couldn't even handle a small group of centaurs.

On a planet where the only rule is survival of the fittest, Dolores is soon going to find that she is severely lacking in the ability to handle parademons, much less the much more lethal Furies. And I, for one, am going to enjoy all the nasty things they do to her once they realize just how pathetic she truly is, especially once they destroy her wand (Btw, did she ever get a replacement for the one she lost to the centaurs?).

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    (Btw, did she ever get a replacement for the one she lost to the centaurs?).
    She's responsible for the patronus holding back the dementors in the court scene in Deathly Hallows - they are freed when she's KO'd - so almost surely.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

I just know that I would pay good monday for a comic where Wonder Woman punches Dolores Umbridge in the face.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i think we can all agree that dolores gets the "respect" she deserves from the fire pits soon.

as for GG in hogwart's............well, she will make classes...........interesting.