Super Moderator

Default "Guardians of the Galaxy" Soars on Friday as Weekend Projections Rise

The latest Marvel film opened to $37.8 million in North America on Friday and is expected to bring in a record-breaking $92 million this weekend.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The latest Marvel film opened to $37.8 million in North America on Friday and is expected to bring in a record-breaking $92 million this weekend.

Full article here.
    Eh.. I felt 60-70 million was too low when I first heard the prediction too.

Spectacular Member

I was projecting 70-75 million opening weekend. To nearly get to 95? Very impressive and almost assured to pass the Incredible Hulk threshold. What I wonder now is how well Guardians will hold up against the Bey Turtles next weekend. Granted, word of mouth may be bad on the green guys, but is there enough good word and repeat business on Guardians to keep pace?

I projected $50 - $60 million, myself. Pretty good intake if they can reach $80 - $90 million. The movie looked more expensive than the $170 million dollar production budget.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

I seriously thought this film was going to struggle at the box office. I'm over joyed to be proven wrong.

I would have been surprised had I not seen it myself on Friday. This movie really just that good.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Not surprised, I called it in another thread that disappeared during the you know what about the you know who.

http://community.comicbookresources....ties-this-year

I think it's going to beat Transformers 4 and cross the billion dollar mark