Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Vance could go work for whatever agency Sabra is with now? she offered it way back when.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    He dated Ultragirl. And she was one of his trainees under his direct command in the Initiative
    She's a grown adult woman who can make her own choices, and they only started dating after he left the Initiative. More than that, they had a relationship prior (though not romantic)

Vance CAN use his his powers on a molecular level. Didn’t Gideon show him how to tk block others from their own power access? He can also detect lies by detecting the changes in heartbeat and blood flow. Put people to sleep by removing air from their lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    She's a grown adult woman who can make her own choices, and they only started dating after he left the Initiative. More than that, they had a relationship prior (though not romantic)
    He was still in a position of authority above her, acting as one of her instructors

And they were definitely hooking up before he left Camp Hammond, that's why he expected her to leave with him when he started Counter Force

Mighty Member

Also, what about timeslip.. Rina Patel needs some love..

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3f/31...c75a7d5fa0.jpg

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    He was still in a position of authority above her, acting as one of her instructors

And they were definitely hooking up before he left Camp Hammond, that's why he expected her to leave with him when he started Counter Force
    He expected her to leave, because the New Warriors ad just exposed a terrible coverup that cost several people their lives and revealed institutional abuse. He expected her to join her friends.

Suzie, possessing, ya know, free will, disagreed. She did leave later, when Norman took command, and Justice was no longer her superior officer

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

RE: Vance

I'd like him to be very friendly with the X-Men family, but not permanently on an X-team. His Avengers and NW membership is too important to discard considering he is a mutant. Occasional guest star & guest instructor will suffice.

Sil, though, could easily pull double duty as a NW and on an X-team, and her powerset is not one seen much in the X-verse. Obviously, she'd be great on stealth missions. No wetworks, please.

I know Justice better than Silhouette so it's easier for me to consider the question. Because Justice is a mutant who was a hero outside of the X-men niche he might have an interesting perspective on what the X-men is doing, how they are perceived, what their shortcomings/strengths etc.

His powerset is very common but that's like a minor obstacle. Put him on a team that doesn't have one or have him form a rivalry with the existing one. Is he good using it? Is he scared too? is he using it to its full potential? can he teach someone else? etc.

Him having leadership experience is a non-issue. He could just be an outside observer, just going with the flow. Or he can take the reigns if no one else can and that leads to its own set of story possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Vance CAN use his his powers on a molecular level. Didn’t Gideon show him how to tk block others from their own power access? He can also detect lies by detecting the changes in heartbeat and blood flow. Put people to sleep by removing air from their lungs.
    He completely separated Hindsight ’s house brick by brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Also, what about timeslip.. Rina Patel needs some love..

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3f/31...c75a7d5fa0.jpg

Both Timeslip and Ultragirl are Mutants. I think the only time Timeslip was seen with the x-men was in some holiday issue.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Both Timeslip and Ultragirl are Mutants. I think the only time Timeslip was seen with the x-men was in some holiday issue.
    She is a human/mutant Kree hybrid to be exact.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think Silhouette would be perfect for X-Men. I'd prefer to see Justice in one of the other Marvel team books.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

In the current environment of the X-Men, both in universe and out, I wouldn't want Justice anywhere near the X-Men. It would just be a setup for him to get killed off unheroicly or be written terribly. Either way the fans loose.

Silhouette would fair better. Her only advisory would be the X-Mansions wallpaper grab.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-06-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Justice and Emma. Firestar would go nuts.

I know there is an age thing but I ship M and Justice.