Default Captain America vs Spider-Man : Willpower.

These are two marvel icons, and one thing you know about them is that they always get up. They withstand great pain, push it to the next level and triumph against long odds. But which one is better at it?

Scenario One: 616 who has the stronger willpower showings?

Scenario Two: Movie versions. Raimi vs MCU. Raimi Spidey stopped that train and was able to throw off venoms effects on his mind eventually, Cap has his whole "I can do this all day" thing and holding down a copter.

Scenario Three: They both get a lantern ring. Who would win? Who makes it work better?

As far as scenario one? eh, flip a coin. They have their various moments of determination and resisting things on a good enough scale compared to each other.

I would really only call the second thing in scenario two a willpower showing, as far as it goes. I suppose the third. Otherwise that's all strength/physical endurance stuff.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I'm with Pen on S1 and S2.

In scenario three, I'd give it to Peter. He's significantly more intelligent, and has feats for NOT screwing up when granted cosmic powers. Cap... destroyed an infinity gauntlet doing something as "simple" as planet-busting.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Cap was stranded in another world being mentally tortured by Zola and chased for months's to his physical limit. With all this Cap didn't break. Fought through the pain and even beat a body reading genius in the end. What's Peter done that's comparable in sheer grit and determination??

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Peter spent most of his career in NYC with that being his default life. Years of that. Hunted by his foes, by poverty, by hatred, by constant denigration in the press, hunted by the police as well. And he still went out every single day to fight crime as he could.

Cap was always beloved by all.

So while Cap's thing was probably worse on a minute by minute basis, Peter's lasted years/decades and never had an exit in site. He was always at least mostly hated and always hunted.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Peter has shut down what was practically reality warping on sheer will before. He's not lacking in specific showings.

EDIT: Actually, reality warping is probably overselling Fusion's powers a little, but it was really really really intense perception and mind manipulation.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 07-07-2019 at 07:39 AM.