Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I appreciate the replies, everyone.

Anyone got any crap Two-Face stuff to rant about? *cough*batmanforever*cough* I'll say I never really liked O'Neil & Adams' "Half An Evil", usually highly praised and I'm pretty sure it was in the "Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told" collection, but it just doesn't do anything for me.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Was it the one where he revived a sunken boat? Yeah, I'm kinda curious why it's there, because...
    Oh, I remember now. It was the only story I read where Two-Face actually went back to save an innocent man because his coin says so. It was a very defining Two-Face moment for me. As a kid, in the seas of simplistic superhero story, that was the most complex and intriguing a supervillain ever done.

A childhood favorite would be the Conway/Newton two-parter from 1982:

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-20-2020 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    The period when he was becoming more of a Dick foe was interesting, his being Batman's "second", and I feel is an attempt to re-evaluate his place as a Batman enemy. The old "two" obsession and double-crosses were seeming a bit obvious and hokey by the late 80's, so having him be the guy who almost killed Batman, then Robin, actually murdering the DA in front of them, and getting inside Dick's head for years was a decent retcon. I found it strange that Dixon didn't build on this by having Two-Face as a major enemy in Nightwing (maybe he wanted him instead of Blockbuster but editorial blocked it or something).
    I've always loved Dick and Harvey, interactions, The Great Leap is still my favourite Nightwing story. Tomasi first, and then Winick in Long Shadows went on with the YO and Prodigal statements, and they both did a good work, imho.
    Another story I like about Two Face is Two Timer, in Batman and Robin Adventures, where Dini showed how Harvey is always close to the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    I've always loved Dick and Harvey, interactions, The Great Leap is still my favourite Nightwing story. Tomasi first, and then Winick in Long Shadows went on with the YO and Prodigal statements, and they both did a good work, imho.
    Another story I like about Two Face is Two Timer, in Batman and Robin Adventures, where Dini showed how Harvey is always close to the edge.
    I love "Two Timer", and I totally agree with you. Cleverly amusing how Joker orchestrated the whole thing, and that ending was brutal.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Harvey Dent has got to be one of the greatest Bat rogues of all time. He's top three easily.

I loved how the did him in TAS with the Big Bad Harv bit and later with him being The Judge.
    I also really liked him in TDK
    Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy!

Spectacular Member

Two face may be one of the most overrated for me and therefore one of my least favourite. However I did love the story in No man's land when he was defence and prosecutor for Comissioner Gordon. That was a great story that only could have worked with Two Face and used him to his best capacity.

From Detective Comics #66, (August 1942)

Two-Face is definitely one of my fave villains and feel he should be getting the Joker treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Two-Face is definitely one of my fave villains and feel he should be getting the Joker treatment.
    Agreed. Ever since BTAS, I've always believed Harv had that potential...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Well, minus the over-use until a good number of readers get sick of him . . .

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Two-Face is, I think, Batman's second archest foe. I'm a big fan of the villain.

Besides other stories people have listed like LOTDK Faces and whatnot, I think The Long Halloween of course is a great Two-Face story, with some of the best Harvey characterization & personality work ever done.

And The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller doesn't get enough credit for having some great iconic Two-Face moments and insights.

Though there were aspects I didn't like, especially the origin flashbacks, I liked Scott Snyder's All Star Batman "My Own Worst Enemy" Two-Face arc with the Batman/Two-Face road trip from hell and Snyder's clever "information broker" Assange-inspired version of Two-Face.

Robin Year One is another really good Two-Face tale.

Some really good Pre-Crisis Bronze Age stories too, particuarly in the O'Neill, Wein, Conway, and Moench eras.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-23-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

If you couldn't already tell, I'm a massive fan of Harvey Dent. He's probably my second favorite Bat-rogue of all time behind the Scarecrow and it's extremely close. He's had so many excellent stories across comic's (Eye of the Beholder from Batman annual #10 is the best)

I've also really been pleased with his adaptations into other forms of Media as well. BTAS is the best of course with the Telltale Games being a close second. Even though The Dark Knight focused more on the tragedy of Harvey Dent than his exploits as a villain, Aaron Eckhart was pretty great as well.

Of the current writers at DC these days, who might be able to give us a good Two-Face story?