Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

The way Rogue and Sunspot went from being key players in a great event like Avengers: No Surrender to a cheap death in a meaningless tie-in and irrelevancy... RIP

Rogue being mad that her **** buddy Johnny Storm "died" and leading the Avengers to beat the HELL out of the Black Order

Bring back the Uncanny Avengers! You could have Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, X-23, and pair them up with Wasp, Valkyrie (Jane Foster), Falcon, Synapse, and Quicksilver. That's four members of the old Unity Squad (Rogue, Wasp, Synapse and Quicksilver), four members of the X-Men three of whom (Gambit, Kurt, and Laura) have never been Avengers (Laura was in their Academy, but never on an Avengers team), and two members of Waid's Avengers team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think Rogue should have stayed with Uncanny avengers. Shes moved beyond the X-Men as a team.

This question makes the X-Men sound like sound cheap pre K team compared to the rest of the MU.

The grass ain't greener.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bring back the Uncanny Avengers! You could have Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, X-23, and pair them up with Wasp, Valkyrie (Jane Foster), Falcon, Synapse, and Quicksilver. That's four members of the old Unity Squad (Rogue, Wasp, Synapse and Quicksilver), four members of the X-Men three of whom (Gambit, Kurt, and Laura) have never been Avengers (Laura was in their Academy, but never on an Avengers team), and two members of Waid's Avengers team.
    Falcon was also on the second roster of the Unity Squad, right after Axis

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    This question makes the X-Men sound like sound cheap pre K team compared to the rest of the MU.

The grass ain't greener.
    I mean, that's kind of the problem, isn't it? The X-Men don't actually grow or go through actual change like the Avengers, at least in the past years. So they do sound like they're lesser than the Avengers.

BANNED

All the New XMen. Their fans tell me they are all 20 or 22 so they need to be New Warriors. Perhaps on a new explosive reality show!

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I mean, that's kind of the problem, isn't it? The X-Men don't actually grow or go through actual change like the Avengers, at least in the past years. So they do sound like they're lesser than the Avengers.
    Hickman to the rescue.

Tbh I was never a fan of X-Men characters getting shoved into the Avengers because we all know that if they're gonna cut ties to the X-Men then that's where they'll end up 8/10 times.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think Illyana should become Dr Strange's backup/ongoing apprentice and move to his book for a while. Let her really explore the magical side of the MCU.

I would love it if Illyana got to be Sorcerer Supreme for a while, even if it's a 6 issue or 12 issue run.
    it would be amazing. we had a sampling in that uncanny Xmen annual a few years back when Tempus went off in time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I always thought X-23 really didn't fit well with them, at least past her X-force era.
    Considering how she's been used with the X-Men of late I'm finding it hard to argue against this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Considering how she's been used with the X-Men of late I'm finding it hard to argue against this.
    You say this now until she ends up in space depowered and turned into a venom clone calling herself madam claw or even worse turned into Johnny Storms arm piece.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I don't think any characters need to outgrow the X-Men. What I do think is that the X-Men as a concept needs to grow out of this destructive phase in which it has been stuck. The X-Men corner of Marvel needs to stop being segregated. Further, there needs to be nearly zero anti-mutant prejudice within the superhero community as a whole. Mutants should be able to be on only hero team, and some humans should be in prominent supporting roles in the X-Books. This used to be how things were. Mutants were on the Avengers, Defenders, Champions, New Warriors, and multiple other teams. Stevie, Moira, Sharon, and Tom all had prominent supporting roles in X-Books. The MCU as a whole had a more optimistic feel then, but was realistically so. To that end:

Beast, Wanda (Axis undone) - Avengers
    Dazzler - West Coast Avengers
    Storm, Quicksilver (Axis undone) - Ultimates (Pulsar, Blue Marvel, etc)
    Hellion (hands healed), Prodigy (Mutant powers restored somewhat) - Champions
    Wolfsbane - Defenders (street level)
    Magik - Midnight Sons type team

I think a pop-up mobile medical team that includes healers like Elixir and Triage would be good. Maybe a mini-series to establish the concept, then show them appearing as needed when needed to save lives after super-human conflicts. Like doctors in hospitals, they'd help save the lives of heroes, villains, civilians, etc.

BANNED

Storm can go anywhere....Magik can be in magic books running into Wanda, Strange, Doom, etc.

Sinister should be in Fantastic Four, Spider Man, Avengers...

Nate Grey could easily be in the cosmic books

JEAN GREY!!!!

Seriously! She needs character development outside of the X-Men.

She needs to leave Scott and Logan behind!

The Phoenix nonsense needs to be dissolved and forgotten!

I'd love to see her date Johnny Storm or even Hawkeye and have some fun for once!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I mainly put him given word from his fans. Right now, he's back on Uncanny where he's treated as the man who just ruins everyone's life and is never right. But hearsay says he's much more confident & better handled in Champions than he is in Rosenberg's Uncanny. And given the X-Office track record, I could easily believe that.
    I don't see him treated that way. He's still respected and followed. Rosenbergs writing of him is shaky, but wait until hickman gets a hold of him

Incredible Member

PSYLOCKE.

She is an extremely popular character despite the fact that the x-franchise barely does anything for the character, consistently shadowing her in favor of jean and emma.

I can see her joining the avengers as a telekinetic knight or as the new capitain brittain.