Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    This question makes the X-Men sound like sound cheap pre K team compared to the rest of the MU.

The grass ain't greener.
    Perfect.

Boycott is over. X-men will take the main franchise title back.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    This question makes the X-Men sound like sound cheap pre K team compared to the rest of the MU.

The grass ain't greener.
    The X-Men is a ghetto.

ALL of the "Claremont" characters, especially anyone classed as Claremazon. This includes OG New Mutants.
    The O6 (Sage probably more than the rest, tbh)
    Generation X
    The New X-Men
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Fantastic Member

Kitty
    Iceman
    Beast
    Colossus
    Storm
    Banshee
    Gambit
    Rogue

All of these people deserve to retire (or be retired) for one reason or another. Whether it's because they were written into a corner, or because they arent interesting anymore, or because they've got what their character has always wanted and deserve some happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I odn't think any X-person has outgrown the X-men, but there a quite a few I'd like to see not be completely tapered by the franchise.

Like I'd have no problem with magik just hanging out with Mystic marvel for a couple years.

Domino could legit have a not insignificant run with Black Widow's Spec Ops
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That probably speaks more about the state of the X-books currently than whether or not ANY character has outgrown the X-Men. As it currently stands, I'll let Gary Oldman run down the list of characters who would be better off in books outside the X-office.

I'm hoping things look better after Hickman's run.
    Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    PSYLOCKE.

She is an extremely popular character despite the fact that the x-franchise barely does anything for the character, consistently shadowing her in favor of jean and emma.

I can see her joining the avengers as a telekinetic knight or as the new capitain brittain.
    I wouldn’t call her extremely popular at all, but this idea sounds very appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think storm outgrew x-men
    If Storm is not in the visionary leader position among the X-Men, than yes, she has outgrown them. She should have her own solo title where she is taking over the world and transforming it bit by bit into a sustainable Eden, not taking orders from Kitty or Jean or Cyke inbetween mid-battle naps. X-Treme X-Men/XSE Uncanny were the last times the X-Franchise was using her to full effect, and that was a looooong time ago. Unfortunately, the medium of comics in general, and at Marvel in particular, I just don't see enough support for her as an individual. A black, female lead in this medium is almost unheard of.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Kitty
    Iceman
    Beast
    Colossus
    Storm
    Banshee
    Gambit
    Rogue

All of these people deserve to retire (or be retired) for one reason or another. Whether it's because they were written into a corner, or because they arent interesting anymore, or because they've got what their character has always wanted and deserve some happiness.
    I agree to a certain extent. If writers only want to write Colossus as a psycho ex or Rachel being brainwashed, it's better to let those characters rest in peace.

Beast would only work if going full blown villain. He is damaged beyond repair.

On the other hand, I feel like Bobby and Dani have never lived to their full potential. They deserve a chance with the A-listers.

Magik

Not only is she too powerful for an X-team, she has Limbo and her own rogues gallery and interesting backstory to support a book without having to repurpose X-team villains as her own, or drag in X-Men to use as her supporting cast. Limbo set adventures and occasional time-travel to distant times would keep her out of Doctor Strange's territory and give her a chance to build her own self-supporting mythology.

BANNED

The X-Men are FINE without Storm. She can leave and do her own thing.

Storm deserves and better and should move on and For the love of god reverse Sunspot's death and give him back to the Avengers office!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Storm deserves and better and should move on and For the love of god reverse Sunspot's death and give him back to the Avengers office!!
    YEAH!!! I liked Sunspot having been with the Avengers. That was cool. Him and Cannonball NEED to leave.

But yeah your right Storm NEEDS to leave. She's done her time with the X-Men...let her GO. If your not going to use her? Kill her or Let Her Join a Different Team.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

I would have to say Storm, she has been with them long and I think it’s time she spread her wings that way we can get her at her full potential and get a rogue gallery started with her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Truely...I don't think any X-character has outgrown the X-Men. That's like saying Iron Man or Captain America have outgrown the Avengers.
    And yes, perhaps certain characters do need their own solo books for deeper exploration...just like Iron Man and Captain America, but they don't have to 'move on' from the X-Men for that to happen. (Wolverine didn't have to leave the X-Men when his solo was a huge success).
    If anything, I would say the X-Men need to move beyond their own mythos.
    We need to see the X-Men operating in a different light, from a different perspective, with a broader raison d'etre. (What I sincerely hope HiX-Man will bring).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Truely...I don't think any X-character has outgrown the X-Men. That's like saying Iron Man or Captain America have outgrown the Avengers.
    And yes, perhaps certain characters do need their own solo books for deeper exploration...just like Iron Man and Captain America, but they don't have to 'move on' from the X-Men for that to happen. (Wolverine didn't have to leave the X-Men when his solo was a huge success).
    If anything, I would say the X-Men need to move beyond their own mythos.
    We need to see the X-Men operating in a different light, from a different perspective, with a broader raison d'etre. (What I sincerely hope HiX-Man will bring).
    I think the whole "move on" element has to do with the fact that the characters who would be doing the moving on generally suffer from being wallpaper (like Storm) or bad depictions (Sabretooth) so there's no real point to them being in the franchise if there's greener pastures in another book(s). That being said, I agree with the idea that characters don't necessarily outgrow a franchise, it's more a matter of the franchise failing to write that character to even a portion of their potential. There's still great stories within the X-books for characters like Storm, Sabretooth, Sunspot, and Magik but if writers can't think of those stories or in some cases simply refuse to explore them, then they're better off being under the editorial control of another office that demonstrates the interest.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-05-2019 at 07:04 PM.

I still think the biggest waste was Jean post Phoenix Ressurection. Everything in Red could’ve happened with her as a member of the Avengers, and that’s where she should have gone after coming back to life—forget the X-Men for a bit. Would’ve been more interesting that’s for sure.

Avengers let a founding member of the X-Men/mutants come into the fold. She gets framed for murder. Avengers get called out for housing a mutant. Internal fighting. Huge thing, etc. Have Captain America reassess his whole thing with Scott and the mutants. I may or may not have been okay with Jean x Captain America for a bit

Have her come back for House of X and Powers of X when it’s time.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-05-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee. She is good friends with Patsy Walker and was in her Hellcat series for quite awhile... got amazing focus and wasn’t treated like an outsider at all. She also has shown up in Squirrel Girl, and had team ups/appearances with Captain America, Ghost Rider, Black Widow, and Spider-Man. In the MC-2 Universe, she was the leader of the X-People and had connections with spidergirl and the Avengers. Not to mention, Tony Stark has interacted with her when she was in New warriors.

It’s been shown that she can coexist with the main Marvel Universe cast and is easily recognizeable by those characters. She should be given more chances to expand.