Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Invisible Woman #1 REVIEW and SPOILERS

Last edited by Crimz; 07-04-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Better than I thought.

Cannot wait for this...
    black widow and invisible woman.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

It's almost here. I'm so excited!

Smart idea for her to wear a brunette wig. The Fantastic Four are celebrities, so she'd probably be recognised easily as a blonde.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I'm really liking the art on this one, especially compared to the main series.

It seem's she's been a spy in-universe for at least 10 years. And this flashback looks to be around the time when she just got her force-fields.

It will be interesting to see how Waid fits the spy missions into her history.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It seem's she's been a spy in-universe for at least 10 years. And this flashback looks to be around the time when she just got her force-fields.

It will be interesting to see how Waid fits the spy missions into her history.
    Yeah. My fanboy obsession would prefer her doing her stuff after meeting Fury. And since she got her fields the issue after first meeting Fury, that makes a lot of sense to me. I also like the idea of Sue doing missions every few months, probably once or twice a year. There were certainly periods where she could have pulled off some missions when she was not with the team. I have faith in Waid not messing up continuity for this, but the 10 years period seems too short. This was pre engagement, and we need to fit in enough time for Franklin to be born and live at least 8 years. But a number is far from enough of a negative to put me off this story.

I do like the concern about the snow as footprints get left in snow.

Is the whole mini to be about ret-conned in flashbacks?

Or will some of it (hopefully!) take place in the current Marvel universe as well?

One does wonder why she doesn't get help on things like this, though. I mean, if she wants to smuggle a defector over the border, just have Reed spend ten minutes rigging up a teleporter. "Oh you need to smuggle a man from these coordinates to these other coordinates?" *ZAP!* *ZAP!* "aaand done".

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Is the whole mini to be about ret-conned in flashbacks?

Or will some of it (hopefully!) take place in the current Marvel universe as well?
    The main story is about her rescuing her old partner in the present. The flashbacks are there to give context and likely to show her development as a spy and friendship with the new character she's trying to rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    One does wonder why she doesn't get help on things like this, though. I mean, if she wants to smuggle a defector over the border, just have Reed spend ten minutes rigging up a teleporter. "Oh you need to smuggle a man from these coordinates to these other coordinates?" *ZAP!* *ZAP!* "aaand done".
    Looks like she's been keeping this spy stuff a secret from her family. The reason why may be shown in the comic.

This actually looks good.

Glad Sue is getting a series based on skills/talents she actually has. I called that being a Spy or Ambassador would work best for her, the preview has it shaping up very well.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Can we keep brunet Sue?

The art is sublime. A REAL BOON. Sue is very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The art is sublime. A REAL BOON. Sue is very lucky.
    If the writing is on the same level then this will be great.