Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This looks great. I'm loving the art.

I hope they have the same artists for all the issues. Very nice. Would have been great to get minis like this for sue back 25+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope they have the same artists for all the issues. Very nice. Would have been great to get minis like this for sue back 25+ years ago.
    I believe the artist will stay the same. It's 5 issue mini so it's easier to have the art stay consistent.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Can we keep brunet Sue?
    I think we know why Sue's OK with Franllin's current hair coloring.

it looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The art is sublime. A REAL BOON. Sue is very lucky.
    Maybe it's just me but I thought the artist looked more polished with the Jessica Jones stories.

Is the colorist/inker different?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I thought the artist looked more polished with the Jessica Jones stories.

Is the colorist/inker different?
    Mattia De Iulis is doing both the art and coloring like he did for Jessica Jones. I think it's more to do with the preview itself, they always seem to be of lower quality when compared to the actual issue. I don't know why.

De Iulis posted an unlettered panel and it looks much cleaner when you compare it to the same panel in the preview:

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yeah. My fanboy obsession would prefer her doing her stuff after meeting Fury. And since she got her fields the issue after first meeting Fury, that makes a lot of sense to me. I also like the idea of Sue doing missions every few months, probably once or twice a year. There were certainly periods where she could have pulled off some missions when she was not with the team. I have faith in Waid not messing up continuity for this, but the 10 years period seems too short. This was pre engagement, and we need to fit in enough time for Franklin to be born and live at least 8 years. But a number is far from enough of a negative to put me off this story.

I do like the concern about the snow as footprints get left in snow.
    I’d like to know what are Sue’s aims here? Is she a US spy working for the NSA, so trying to get defectors out for the US? Is she a pawn of the US Military? Does Sue want to do this work, or has she been forced? I never thought of Sue as being very political, in fact none of the Super heroes worked for military aims, although all of them worked for the military in one way or the other, for research. Spidey on the Gemini missions, Thor on surviving Nuclear fallout, Hulk on gamma research, Iron Man on weapons manufacture, the X-Men with the military, and the FF with the CIA, helping find the Mole Man breaking Nuclear reactors. But Spies? Never.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I’d like to know what are Sue’s aims here? Is she a US spy working for the NSA, so trying to get defectors out for the US? Is she a pawn of the US Military? Does Sue want to do this work, or has she been forced? I never thought of Sue as being very political, in fact none of the Super heroes worked for military aims, although all of them worked for the military in one way or the other, for research. Spidey on the Gemini missions, Thor on surviving Nuclear fallout, Hulk on gamma research, Iron Man on weapons manufacture, the X-Men with the military, and the FF with the CIA, helping find the Mole Man breaking Nuclear reactors. But Spies? Never.
    I don't think we can get a firm answer that can be maintained over time due to the shifting timeline. We can get a rough issue equivilance to when the stories happened, but doing this in the mid sixties when the original issues were published is far different than doing it in the early 21st century as the story here indicates. As cool as having a morality angle to this would be, in politics and espionage, sides change and your friends today are your foes tomorrow.

I completely forgot about this, thanks for bumping this thread
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I'm looking forward to this. I've been a big fan of hers since forever.

Given the collapsed time line I would guess that Sue became more involved with SHIELD after the adventure that introduced Spider Woman, back in a Marvel Two in One, with the Thing. Compassionate and sincere as always, Sue probably checked in with Fury on the fate of Spider Woman, and she could have been offered a job/ given a mission. This would also have been, secretly, Sue's association with Sharon Carter, and Spider Woman eventually in the Sisters of Liberty which has been played up recently in Captain America.

It would be nice to see a follow up series showing Sue working missions with various other agents or more secret mission types. Who know? Maybe Sue could be the secretest Secret Avenger, an ultimate back-up ops person, with her power and skill set.

An interview with Waid, another cover, and another preview page from the book.

https://www.newsarama.com/45908-invi...-de-iulis.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetums
    Waid: Working with Mike was one of the best experiences of my life. If not for him, I’d never have taken the original assignment to begin with - it was only after Tom Brevoort signed him to it that he even called me, knowing that it would be hard for me to resist. Everything I do with the FF springs from my partnership with Mike - everything.
    wow surprise feels attack
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    An interview with Waid, another cover, and another preview page from the book.

Man, they went really classic with the FF costume there, right down to the shorts .

So I guess Waid's been holding on to "Sue as a spy" for a while now.

I really enjoyed it.

This was more of a set-up and introductory issue. It was mainly to give background on the character and give her the goal of saving her old partner. The future dilemma it sets up on whether she will break her morals and actually kill is an interesting one. I'm interested in seeing how it plays out.