Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do you like Brainiac?

Super-intelligent alien? Cold machine? Eldritch abomination? Some combination? Kryptonian or Coluan?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Lotta Brainiac preference stuff lately. Is it because of the show?

I can understand the appeal of the cruel and cold machine but I say Coluan superjerk every time.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Super-intelligent coluan alien..

With one similar design to injustice brainiac:

Injustice2-BRAINIAC.jpg

Eldritch Abomination mixed with a cold calculating machine. The TV series Krypton has struck the perfect balance between the two concepts, IMO. Their rendition of Brainiac is uber creepy and intimidating.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

As long as he has pants...

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    As long as he has pants...
    A descent pair of pants!

Put me down for cold machine. Sort of like a robotic, planet destroying Dr. Manhattan.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

A cold and eldritch machine that absolutely no emotions just cold caculating and killing robot really is a good villain to Supes
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Vril Dox super intelligent alien from Colu who over the years has melded his body with technology in the pursuit of his obsession of collecting and hording knowledge.

Incredible Member

I would say a super intelligent Coluan alien who rebuilt himself into a deadly cold, calculating supercomputer (like New 52/Geoff Johns take mixed with LOSH cartoon and Krypton) or have Coluans be supercomputers like the LOSH cartoon. He is someone who would destroy worlds to keep the information and best city for himself like a twisted Noah/Galactus combo because he feels like knowledge is power. Just someone who is creepy and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Vril Dox super intelligent alien from Colu who over the years has melded his body with technology in the pursuit of his obsession of collecting and hording knowledge.
    This for me too, a super intelligent alien from Colu who used technology to "improve" himself to become perfect. He's more machine than flesh and he has lived for thousands of years. The reason I want him to be a bit organic is because I want him to have some emotions, so that when Superman defeats him, he feels anger and pain.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Medium rare...sorry, couldn't resist.

The Crisis on Infinite Earths/Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow form and personality is the most iconic, and I prefer it over the Silver Age and Post Crisis versions.

That being said, the recent version sounds intriguing. I haven't read any of that version yet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Medium rare...sorry, couldn't resist.

The Crisis on Infinite Earths/Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow form and personality is the most iconic, and I prefer it over the Silver Age and Post Crisis versions.

That being said, the recent version sounds intriguing. I haven't read any of that version yet.
    Honestly I think if I had to rate iconic Brainiac, Silver Age , Superman TAS and Geoff Johns definitely rate over CoIE/Whatever Happened to Brainiac in terms of iconic Brainiac looks (I think the Brainiac Skull Ship is probably the most iconic part of that era of Brainiac. That being said, I think it was an awesome idea, IDK if started by Alex Ross Justice or John Byrne's "Superman/Batman: Generations", that had that be what Brainiac looks like underneath the Green skin.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    This for me too, a super intelligent alien from Colu who used technology to "improve" himself to become perfect. He's more machine than flesh and he has lived for thousands of years. The reason I want him to be a bit organic is because I want him to have some emotions, so that when Superman defeats him, he feels anger and pain.
    Agreed, I think Brainiac should have some form of emotions but try to hide it underneath the cold, machine and trying to be logical

Various profile pages for the various Brainiac's throughout history.

Bronze Age

Post-COIE

Last edited by Doctor Know; 07-07-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Justice 2005

Post-Infinite Crisis/New 52/Rebirth

Injustice

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Yeah, villains need goals. The best IMO are villains where you know why they do things, but you don't agree with their goals.