Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default MCU - Next Big Villain?

After Endgame, is going to be really, REALLY difficult to find a character who can take Thanos' place as the "top bad guy". But I think I have him: Kang the Conqueror.

Think of it, this is a villain almost impossible to defeat, similar to Thanos. Because it doesn't matter how many times you defeat him, with his time travelling powers, he will always return; over, and over, and over. He has an almost unstoppable army at his commands, he has many faces (Immortus, Scarlet Centurion, Pharaoh Rama-Tut... etc), and he had put several plans through his time traveling manipulations. Finally, the time traveling's plot used by the Avengers to undo Thanos' snap could be the thing that brings Kang to the MCU. I mean, Avenger's manipulations could have been noticed by Kang, who decided to conquer XXI century to avoid another "unacceptable" time travel.

Also, if the Post-Credits scene from "Spider-Man: Far From Home" about S.W.O.R.D. being created serves as a clue, remember that Kang's headquarter is Damocles (as the legendary sword). It almost suits perfectly.

BANNED

Personally I hope the next big bad is not a cosmic villain. We've been there done that.

Doctor Doom.

Start with giving him his own movie and build from there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Doctor Doom.

Start with giving him his own movie and build from there.
    His own movie? Seriously?

Just no. Not gonna work.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    His own movie? Seriously?

Just no. Not gonna work.
    Please. They made Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man work. Doom could easily carry his own film. Use Books of Doom as a starting point and build to his taking over Latveria.

The only question is how to handle Reed Richards. Leave him out and have Doom scarred anyway? Include him and set up the Fantastic Four for the future?

So long as they remember DOOM was not created as part of the accident that made the Fantastic Four. DOOM created DOOM.

Yes, the name is supposed be spelled in all caps, similar to BRIAN BLESSED.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Please. They made Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man work. Doom could easily carry his own film. Use Books of Doom as a starting point and build to his taking over Latveria.

The only question is how to handle Reed Richards. Leave him out and have Doom scarred anyway? Include him and set up the Fantastic Four for the future?
    Please. That's just not gonna work in the MCU. This is not a film version of the comics. Doom as a solo film is not gonna work. at all. Think for a minute about what the MCU is, rather than what you want it to be.

"What I want it to be?"
    What the hell are you talking about?

Doom...sorry, DOOM...is a character. A character with motivation and conflict and the potential for an arc. A movie can be made out of that.
    And I think it'd be pretty cool and something different to set up the next Marvel big bad by giving him (or her if they chose a female villain) their own movie to start off.

Maybe you should get out of your narrow box of what can work as a movie and what can't.

I'd love Doom, maybe not in his own movie but perhaps either bankrolling villains in other movies, mentioned in the background for high end political events, or maybe both. In any case the question has been raised, 'who fills Iron Man's shoes' with 'Far From Home' and DOOM should see it as a challenge.

Failing that Kang as a response to all the time travel stuff in Endgame would be good.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 07-04-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

Doctor Doom by far.

Astonishing Member

For Peter's Sake, people! You are obsessed with Doctor Doom. I don't deny he's one of the top villains in the Marvel Universe, but Kang could even surpass him. Have you forgotten that he's potentially a descendant of both, Reed Richards and Doctor Doom? (somehow). Besides, one of the identities that Kang the Conqueror took through time was Doctor Doom himself.

Kang the conqueror please. He's the only logically choice. Either that or they go off the wall and try something truly different. Higher Evolutionary comes to mind, or Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    For Peter's Sake, people! You are obsessed with Doctor Doom. I don't deny he's one of the top villains in the Marvel Universe, but Kang could even surpass him. Have you forgotten that he's potentially a descendant of both, Reed Richards and Doctor Doom? (somehow). Besides, one of the identities that Kang the Conqueror took through time was Doctor Doom himself.
    Uh I like Kang as much as next guy but Doctor Doom is top 5 comic Vilians of all time. My guess Kang isnt to high on many lists. Now as far as fitting in with the current story threads. Then yes Kang coming because Dr Strange and then the Avengers have seriously messed with time. So with what's happened Kang makes sense but while his scope is limited to time travel stuff Doom can literaly be anything. Whatever kinda threat they want Doom can fill that void. But again I like Kang and would love for him to appear just to be clear.

the incredible hulk.

Anything less than Doom is a waste of time.