Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yeah I think we might just be misunderstanding each other here. I love Kingpin and Cottonmouth too. Loki, Zemo, and Winter Solider also.

My big gripe is just how plot driven these movies are. They feel very A to B to C. I would like a little more to chew on. Thor going into that weird axis and opening up a dead star was more in the vein of where I want these things to go. That's why I love these characters in the comics. Just wild silly stuff.

I would have loved ENDGAME if Thanos had been killed and then the rest of the movie was timey wimey junk to save everybody. No need for a different Thanos to show up. It just becomes too predictable otherwise.
    I guess I don't want to sacrifice plot-driven for much of anything. Plus, I'm not sure many people share your affinity for that last idea,

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I guess I don't want to sacrifice plot-driven for much of anything. Plus, I'm not sure many people share your affinity for that last idea,
    Unfortunately you're prolly right! Which means more CGI explosions and 3 act structures to sit through

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default W

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Think about it this way. Take any MCU movie you want, especially the origin movies. People here talk of a Marvel formula. Some hate it, some say it's ridiculously successfully. But clearly it's a consistent approach to movie making that they are going to stick with until they have reason not to.

Now, let's take a character like Doom. Who the hell wants that character dropped into a Marvel formula solo movie? Seriously?

People have already complained about Iron Man and Captain America being too "quippy." What sort of howls of rage would occur if you drop Doom in the middle of that?

This is what I mean when I say he can't hold a solo movie within the context of what the MCU is. You can make the story work (kind of), not not in this context. Not even close.
    . Wow. You really haven’t been keeping up with recent developments, Noah Hayley finished his script for his Doctor Doom solo movie before the Disney/Fox deal was finished. He described it as a Cold War thriller in the vein of Winter Soldier. It would involve a reporter seeking an interview with this elusive leader . In a recent interview, Hayley said he met with Kevin Feige about his script. Another thing; while doing an interview in promotion of ‘Endgame’, the Russo brothers said the next character they want to work with if they get involved in another Marvel project is Doom. So there’s some definite signs that Doom may make his debut in the MCU in a big way. But there’s about half a dozen films that are in the pipeline now so it will be a some years down the line. I wouldn’t be surprised if Doom makes it into the MCU before the FF

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I have often thought a great way of settling up Doom before he actually appears is having Boris appear in various films as a sort of dark version of Agent Coulson, investigating matters and alluring to his ‘great master’. Thus when Doom finally appears he already has a bit of a good setup.

I also don’t want him to be the first villain of a MCU FF series, same as I don’t want Magneto to be the first for X-Men. Use Diablo or the Frightful Four instead, and definitely Mister Sinister for the X-Men.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm a bit disappointed with how they handled the Skrulls in Captain Marvel. I thought they could be the Fantastic Four's first villains and it could be linked to their attempt at space travel. I wanted the Skulls to be far more sinister, scary metamorphs.

Ultimate Member

I actually like the twist with the Skrulls. And given that we're told that there were numerous other Skrull bands scattered around the universe, they could always play it like some of those are more evil than Talos's group is.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I actually like the twist with the Skrulls. And given that we're told that there were numerous other Skrull bands scattered around the universe, they could always play it like some of those are more evil than Talos's group is.
    Same, and I would agree there is plenty of room in the MCU for renegade Skrull factions that turned out to be just as bad as the Kree were shown to be in the end. Personally, nonhuman (or not-as-humanlike) races that are "always chaotic evil" with no redeeming qualities or features is very outdated and very bad form in an age where we have a better understanding of the power of propaganda and how dehumanization of "the enemy" really works. Furthermore, it never sat well with me how we could have Kree or Kree-connected heroes with prominent ties to the Avengers despite the Kree's own long history of intergalactic imperialism, but treat the Skrulls as almost wholly irredeemable and unsympathetic in comparison.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Doesn't matter, since they'll just kill off the villain in the first movie anyway.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Doesn't matter, since they'll just kill off the villain in the first movie anyway.
    Just like Thanos... oh wait.