Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've heard (read?) rumors about Annihilus, Kang, Doom, and even the High Evolutionary. Speaking of whom, another rumor suggests he is Rocket Raccoon's creator.

I'd be happy with any of these choices.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I'm guessing it's the Skrulls and they're building towards Secret Invasion.

Doom likely likely will be the big villain down the line, but I don't think they're ready to do anything with him yet. The Fox deal was too recent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm guessing it's the Skrulls and they're building towards Secret Invasion.

Doom likely likely will be the big villain down the line, but I don't think they're ready to do anything with him yet. The Fox deal was too recent.
    I agree. I think Doom is the third major villain and I remain steadfast they will have him rise from the Sokovia tragedy.

I think it's the Skrulls as well.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

After the Skrulls, Norman Osborn on Earth and Annihilus for space. With Kang as an Avengers villain. Then build towards Doctor Doom, Magneto, Galactus and ultimately the Beyonder with Secret Wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    "What I want it to be?"
    What the hell are you talking about?

Doom...sorry, DOOM...is a character. A character with motivation and conflict and the potential for an arc. A movie can be made out of that.
    And I think it'd be pretty cool and something different to set up the next Marvel big bad by giving him (or her if they chose a female villain) their own movie to start off.

Maybe you should get out of your narrow box of what can work as a movie and what can't.
    I believe Doom can and should be the next major villain of the MCU, if for no other reason than that a cosmic, off-world villain has been done to perfection, and they need to go in a completely different direction to distinguish the next villain from Thanos. This eliminates people like Kang and Annihilus from consideration.

But Doom, within the context of what the MCU is, cannot carry his own movie. It would be the first major film flop for the studio, just as a stand-alone Thanos movie would have been. And I have no doubt the studio knows this.

He's a great, overwhelming adversary. He's not his own movie. There is no posssibility.

I don't think Doom needs to be given a stand-alone movie, but I'm with the train that he's the obvious choice for next big bad.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I believe Doom can and should be the next major villain of the MCU, if for no other reason than that a cosmic, off-world villain has been done to perfection, and they need to go in a completely different direction to distinguish the next villain from Thanos. This eliminates people like Kang and Annihilus from consideration.

But Doom, within the context of what the MCU is, cannot carry his own movie. It would be the first major film flop for the studio, just as a stand-alone Thanos movie would have been. And I have no doubt the studio knows this.

He's a great, overwhelming adversary. He's not his own movie. There is no posssibility.
    I wouldn't rule it out completely. It may be unnecessary, though.

However, as a sort of inverted Tony Stark it might be appealing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I wouldn't rule it out completely. It may be unnecessary, though.

However, as a sort of inverted Tony Stark it might be appealing.
    Yikes. I think that would be even worse. Put Tony to bed please.

BANNED

Adam Warlock

Astonishing Member

Seeds have been planted for Secret Wars already. We know who the Skrulls are. We have met the Kree. Captain Marvel and SWORD could play a part...

And somewhere in this Fantastic Four and Doom and Latveria can be introduced to get Doom ready for being possibly the third big bad. But I feel like Latveria needs the Wakanda treatment somehow we should know it exists and he rules it.

We should see his power build up. And I don't think the rivalry with Reed should be ignored of changed from the comics.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Anything that props the Fantastic Four up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Anything that props the Fantastic Four up.
    Mole-Man!!! Mole-Man forever!
    A Mole-Man solo movie! Mole-Man merchandising!
    Him or White Rabbit!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Yikes. I think that would be even worse. Put Tony to bed please.
    Heh, didn't mean they needed to reference him. Just another super genius who uses his intellect to radically power himself and his nation, just this time for evil.

There is nothing prohibiting them from showing that rise to power and it could be quite interesting.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yo, for real though let's get a DOOM solo flick. Let's go. I'm game.

The doctor is in. To hell with CGI purple space man. DOOM will bring it. Practical effects, strong writing, yesssssssss.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-05-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Fantastic Member

I really don't understand why people are saying Doom couldn't be his own movie.

I loved thanos, and i've loved Spiderman's villains. Everyone else has just been pretty much generic villains.

For the MCU to move forward, I think a more fleshed out villain is necessary.

It makes sense thematically. With the after credits of Far From Home, I think we see that the MCU is moving past what was the "Golden Age of heroes" and is moving into a "Dark Age." A move dealing with the nuances of Doom and his rise to power would be awesome to watch.