Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired

I guess it was so long between season 2 and season 3 that I forgot what was so egregious about Billy and only remembered the good stuff. To me he was good at being the typical bad boy from 1980s movies. And the first episode of this season made me hope to see more of his wicked ways. I was pretty sad that Mrs. Wheeler didn't get any. She has needs and her husband is too stupid to realize that. Her not going through with it seemed like they were trying to walk a fine moral line--and if Karen Wheeler had gone over that line (by showing up at the motel, even though Billy wasn't there), she would have been immoral. This seemed like virtue signalling--as if we should only respect this character if she denies her desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I guess it was so long between season 2 and season 3 that I forgot what was so egregious about Billy and only remembered the good stuff. To me he was good at being the typical bad boy from 1980s movies. And the first episode of this season made me hope to see more of his wicked ways. I was pretty sad that Mrs. Wheeler didn't get any. She has needs and her husband is too stupid to realize that. Her not going through with it seemed like they were trying to walk a fine moral line--and if Karen Wheeler had gone over that line (by showing up at the motel, even though Billy wasn't there), she would have been immoral. This seemed like virtue signalling--as if we should only respect this character if she denies her desires.
    She wore a pearl clam necklace while giving Nancy the "be an amazing woman" speech.

That's classic 1980s feminism right there, vagina necklace and all, not virtue signalling.

Same with her not going to Billy. She's better than that ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

As for "the American" in the vault ...

I kinda think they keep Hopper dead, same with Eleven's father, Dr. Brenner. I think one of the other psychic kids is in the vault ... because that's the only way the Russians could get an opening (a wound) to get a demgorgan.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

He may not be "the American" but Hopper is not dead.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

That would be lame.

While it took a long time for season 3 to come out, it was by far the best season so far. Take a look at our review and see if you agree or have any other thoughts. Thanks!

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

BANNED

Hopper isn't dead, but we know this series is too fun for that kind of a death.

Loved this season. The sing-along Never Ending Story was a bonkers amount of fun.

So:

- Hopper was to die in Season 1 but they liked him too much on the first day of filming that they changed it that day.
    - Eleven was to die in Season 1, but they changed their minds when they saw her killing the takes and the chemistry she had with the boys, so they changed it mid-season.
    - Steven was going to die in Season 1 as a bully getting his due but they liked his charm, and decided to let him be a hero after filming 1/2 the season.
    - Noah and Finn were originally going to be each other's characters but they switched because Noah had to film It.
    - Dr. Brenner was going to die at Eleven's hands in Season 1 but when they rewrote it, they moved it to season 2.
    - Billy was to die in Season 2 as a bully getting his due but they loved Dacre too much after 3 scene takes, they wrote around his death after filming with him the first time.

Given that info, I suspect:
    - If Hopper is not dead, he and/or Eleven will being dying in the finale of the show.
    - When Steven finally finds love and gets happy, he's gonna die.
    - Will is going to save everyone during or before the series finale. Perhaps he will have powers and Eleven will teach him to use them.
    - Pretty much everyone marked for death in earlier versions has been killed later. I don't think Hopper, Eleven, or Steve are safe. The Duffer's also really love Noah, so I expect him to have a heroic moment before all is said and done.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-31-2019 at 10:03 AM.