Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just finished it. I think Hopper is still alive. We never saw a body.

Overall, I thought this was better than Season 2. And I'm glad it didn't go too long, like the Marvel shows do.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Also, was it mentioned to where and why the Byers' moved? I must have missed some details
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Also, was it mentioned to where and why the Byers' moved? I must have missed some details
    She was ready to move after the events of Season 2 apparently. In the conversation Hopper and her had after she stood him up at the dinner. He said he knew she was thinking of moving. I mean there was barely any business in her store anymore. Her son had gone through a horrible ordeal. She knew what is right behind the otherworld gate even though she thought it was all shut down.

Its the smart thing to do really.

With 30 murders and the destruction of the mall etc this time it doesn't make any sense that the whole town wouldn't move.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Just finished it. I think Hopper is still alive. We never saw a body.

Overall, I thought this was better than Season 2. And I'm glad it didn't go too long, like the Marvel shows do.
    I actually think this season could have used another episode or two. Maybe it was because this was the first season with a real budget, but I missed some of the character work from the previous two seasons. That may have been better served with a slightly longer season.

I think Hopper is alive but I don't think he's the American in the cell as I think that was a fake out. Rather I'm betting the American is the scientist guy played from the first two seasons. The Russians kidnapped him to work on their own version of the project. Or it could be Elle's father for that matter.

As to Hopper I'm betting he ran through the opening in the rift before Joyce turned the keys so now he's trapped in the Upside Down world.

As to where the show goes from here. The Duffer Bro's original plan was 4 seasons but there have been talks now of a 5th but they don't want to go beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I think Hopper is alive but I don't think he's the American in the cell as I think that was a fake out. Rather I'm betting the American is the scientist guy played from the first two seasons. The Russians kidnapped him to work on their own version of the project. Or it could be Elle's father for that matter.

As to Hopper I'm betting he ran through the opening in the rift before Joyce turned the keys so now he's trapped in the Upside Down world.

As to where the show goes from here. The Duffer Bro's original plan was 4 seasons but there have been talks now of a 5th but they don't want to go beyond that.
    The most recent update is they're still debating between 1 more season and a movie, 1 more season, or 2 more seasons.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Retired

I've seen some folks advocating for the series to be bigger and get out of Hawkins--but I think that would kill the premise of the show and we've seen what it was like when Eleven went to the big city in season 2 (not good). It's about those kids in Hawkins in the '80s dealing with weird stuff. And that's what the audience wants. Two seasons more is the most I can imagine--otherwise it would lose the thing that makes it good.

Maybe in ten or twenty years--if they could get most of the cast back again--they could do another series picking up with those characters and their kids. Maybe this time it would mainly be a group of girls in the early 2000s--by then people will be nostalgic for things like boy bands and all those rites of passage movies about teen girls.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    She was ready to move after the events of Season 2 apparently. In the conversation Hopper and her had after she stood him up at the dinner. He said he knew she was thinking of moving. I mean there was barely any business in her store anymore. Her son had gone through a horrible ordeal. She knew what is right behind the otherworld gate even though she thought it was all shut down.
    Apparently is right. She almost lost her son in season 1. She did lose Bob in season 2. That's why she didn't accept Hop's first request for a date. She was seen her sitting at home alone while remembering the happy times she shared with Bob. She also still vividly remembers Bob getting mauled by a demodog. Who can blame her for wanting to get out of Hawkins?

I also liked Robin and Erika as new additions. The actress for Erika did kill it. I wanted the brat to be slapped silly when she was acting as the bratty little sister (a feeling all older brothers are all too familiar with as they have to constantly suppress this feeling when they have to deal with bratty little sisters). I loved hating Erika at the beginning.

So of course I absolutely loved it when Dustin shoved the fact that she was a nerd in her face and shut her up. And then the actress kills it by actually being likable. I loved Lucas' reaction when she blurts that she survived being in the Russian base for 24 hours while telling off Murray.

Robin, oh Robin. She is just too cool for words and I really felt bad for Steve when she revealed that she isn't into him. Let's face it, Steve falls hard for the right ladies. Someday, he'll find his "Suzy Poo".

Speaking of Steve, it was great to see him as the epitome of peaked too soon syndrome with him learning that being the king of high school doesn't mean much in the real world. Now, he's a dingus, though clearly he doesn't mind it anymore when Robin calls him that.

Can anybody annoy people as much as Jake Busey? Who else cheered when he and Tom finally "died" in the hospital?

The curse of the B's continues: Barb, Bob, and now Billy. People whose names start with B keep meeting gruesome deaths.

I hated the additions of Billy and Murray in season 2. I was glad both were in the show in season 3. Billy was a great villain and Murray was a great foil to Hopper and Joyce while being a great new friend to Alexey.

До свидания, Алексей (Good bye, Alexey). It's a shame you couldn't get to enjoy more cherry slurpees and Looney Tunes.

Who knew that the end of the world can wait while a couple of lovebirds sing two verses of "The Neverending Story"?

There's so much to comment on. I could go on all day long. I just love this series so much.

Yea think Hopper is alive but not the "American" Either papa is still alive and they have him or maybe Murray got scooped up after the army came in. Dont recall seeing him again after they bursted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea think Hopper is alive but not the "American" Either papa is still alive and they have him or maybe Murray got scooped up after the army came in. Dont recall seeing him again after they bursted in.
    Murray and Joyce were yelling, "we're American" when the Army came into the bunker.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

I don't think they've made the fourth season yet. So they might have tentative plans for what will happen when they finally go into production, but until that happens I'm sure their plans are still evolving.

To find out a little bit of what happened to Murray and other tidbits call 618-625-8313. I've called twice already. It's awesome. Especially if you dig Murray.

Neverending storys mp3 sales and both music videos youtube count has skyrocketed.

https://genius.com/a/what-is-the-nev...eason-3-finale

Kids Inc did a version also ( a really young Fergie started in this show!)

This was the best season yet! Like most of you, I agree that Erika stole every scene she was in. I had no sympathy for Billy and am so glad he is finally dead, man I can't remember hating a character more. As much as I love this series, I hope it only has one more season and they end it. Anything more than that and it could get repetitive or lose what makes it special.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!