Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Just read and liked it. This one seemed to actually have a purpose and we learned something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Just read and liked it. This one seemed to actually have a purpose and we learned something.
    I'm not sure that the other books didn't have a point. It's more like many of them had the same point.

I need to reread Marvelous but the message is divided up into more intersecting topics. Like Amazing Nightcrawler and Nextgen both dealt with propaganda but they still handled it in very different ways.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I need to reread Marvelous but the message is divided up into more intersecting topics. Like Amazing Nightcrawler and Nextgen both dealt with propaganda but they still handled it in very different ways.
    But I guess the issue is that they sort of ended up at the same place. This book stands out because it avoided that. This whole event just sort of delved into this sort of hopeless feeling, though perhaps we didn't notice it as much since it's up against the far, far more hopeless Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But I guess the issue is that they sort of ended up at the same place. This book stands out because it avoided that. This whole event just sort of delved into this sort of hopeless feeling, though perhaps we didn't notice it as much since it's up against the far, far more hopeless Uncanny.
    It was sort of a downer ended for both since they didn’t really beat the propaganda machine that rooted itself in every aspect of their lives. But at least with Amazing Nightcrawler, it was almost bittersweet only because Kurt and Meggan were able to break the cycle they had been trapped in for presumably months. But I agree, this event would definitely be perceived as a much darker event if we didn’t have a title on the flip side that was in such a huge rush to kill as many characters as possible.